Wharf extension OPT

Problem is where do they go when they get here? There are no other ports to berth at and they could not do a tender on that size ship so a cruise to no where is the only option:eek:

Melbourne, Auckland, Adelaide, Singapore?

Perhaps the extra length /size means two smaller ships can dock although I am sure that creates a series of problems for the embarkation, disembarkation and cargo loading processes.

Edited by MicCanberra

A couple of photos taken of the wharf extension today 19th. The new part is from the orange barriers back which has now been concreted. Buzzbuzzen's original photo was taken from the rear of the ship whereas my photos were taken from the observation deck and the tower in the first photo.

20a5clc.jpg

2qwlwrp.jpg

Looks more like a "normal "wharf now.

Edited by gbenjo

In case anyone is interested, this is a photo of the partially constructed dolphin mooring which is being built in Campbell's Cove next to the pier extension to which the ships will tie up to. I have to get a life:)

I figure you have a good life. :D

In case anyone is interested, this is a photo of the partially constructed dolphin mooring which is being built in Campbell's Cove next to the pier extension to which the ships will tie up to. I have to get a life:)

Thanks gbenjo, appreciate the updates.:D

Me three!!

Been waiting for more pics!! :cool:

Now the demolition stage is finished there should be more visible changes to take photos of. They have just started putting in the framework for the new (extra) level between the ground floor and existing check in level so we will actually see some progress.:cool:;)

Now the demolition stage is finished there should be more visible changes to take photos of. They have just started putting in the framework for the new (extra) level between the ground floor and existing check in level so we will actually see some progress.:cool:;)

Good to hear things are progressing well. Hope it is not too dirty/dusty/noisy for you and the others who need to work around the construction, as well as the passengers. :D

Me four! If you are out of the house, and posting things that we would have to take more than 6 hours driving to see, you have a life, and I appreciate your time and effort.

I am thinking things will be awkward late October then. We are hoping that having reciprocal elite status (from being diamonds RCI) will help us get through early. Our documents for the second leg of our B2B came yesterday, and we are unfortunately moving cabins to deck 7 (but who cares, it is B2B!), but the time for us to board would have been 3.30pm if we weren't B2B or elite. Although sometimes it is the luck of the draw, as we have been getting on at 3pm on a previous trip and the crowd had thinned by then anyhow. I do like to board and have lunch though. It is nice to feel like you have spent a bit of time exploring before sail away. :)

I will take some pics when we get on board though!

Edited by goodycruising

Good to hear things are progressing well. Hope it is not too dirty/dusty/noisy for you and the others who need to work around the construction, as well as the passengers. :D

all of the above ...... But hey, as someone (famous) once said "No pain No gain"... Oh that's right ..that was me:D:D:D.

It's actually not that bad, just a little inconveniant downstairs but once you get up to the check in area upstairs it's OK.

all of the above ...... But hey, as someone (famous) once said "No pain No gain"... Oh that's right ..that was me:D:D:D.

It's actually not that bad, just a little inconveniant downstairs but once you get up to the check in area upstairs it's OK.

LOL, I hope your downstairs improves, we wouldn't want disappointed passengers.:p

Melbourne, Auckland, Adelaide, Singapore?

Perhaps the extra length /size means two smaller ships can dock although I am sure that creates a series of problems for the embarkation, disembarkation and cargo loading processes.

I really can't see that happening Mic, the area is just far to congested, I've already had one cruise have to sit for a couple of hours because t missed its slot and ran into peak ferry time.

I really can't see that happening Mic, the area is just far to congested, I've already had one cruise have to sit for a couple of hours because t missed its slot and ran into peak ferry time.

Agreed, doesn't look to be realistically set up for that.

It may depend on the size of the two ships and the finished length of the wharf and the arrival times of the ships. But as I already mentioned the OPt would have difficulty with the whole loading/unloading process.

It may depend on the size of the two ships and the finished length of the wharf and the arrival times of the ships. But as I already mentioned the OPt would have difficulty with the whole loading/unloading process.

Could not see it happening. If the two ships were small enough to both fit into the OPT at the same time then they would be small enough to fit under the bridge so would be berthed at White Bay where there is enough room to berth two ships albeit one ship would have no real access to the terminal building. The Sydney Ports schedule is compiled years in advance so I think the chance of this "problem" would be fairly remote.

Could not see it happening. If the two ships were small enough to both fit into the OPT at the same time then they would be small enough to fit under the bridge so would be berthed at White Bay where there is enough room to berth two ships albeit one ship would have no real access to the terminal building. The Sydney Ports schedule is compiled years in advance so I think the chance of this "problem" would be fairly remote.

After they finish the OPT, the government should work on some public transport options to White Bay, ferries would be best.:D

After they finish the OPT, the government should work on some public transport options to White Bay, ferries would be best.:D

Can't believe they haven't done that already :eek:

They've managed to create a new ferry service to the temporary exhibition centre, I believe, so why not one to a permanent cruise centre?

Are ships that dock at White Bay only those that are commencing/ending a cruise in Sydney, and ships that are just on a port visit docking at the OPT? Do the powers-that-be think they are only dealing with people embarking/disembarking, travelling to and from the airport, or their homes if they live locally? What about B2Bers? It's a very weird situation. :confused:

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Can't believe they haven't done that already :eek:

They've managed to create a new ferry service to the temporary exhibition centre, I believe, so why not one to a permanent cruise centre?

Are ships that dock at White Bay only those that are commencing/ending a cruise in Sydney, and ships that are just on a port visit docking at the OPT? Do the powers-that-be think they are only dealing with people embarking/disembarking, travelling to and from the airport, or their homes if they live locally? What about B2Bers? It's a very weird situation. :confused:

Ha Ha Ha politicians think?