Johnny Rockets

Hello,

I will be travelling on IOTS a for the first time later this month for 4 nights from Southampton.

As I want to try and fit so much in during the 4 days can anyone tell me if a visit to Johnny Rockets is something I should "do"? I know that there is a cover charge which is fine, but wondered re the dancing of the staff etc, does that always happen or just at a certain time if you are lucky?

Can info / tips greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Johnny Rockets is a chain burger joint here in America....it's ok...it's not "to die for"...is it worth the up charge? If you're tired of the ship's food...go for it...it's not expensive. It's not gourmet, by any standards!

We love Johnny Rockets so much it is always my hubby's first question when I plan a cruise " does the ship have a Johnny Rockets?" On a 7 day cruise we will eat there probably at least 5 times!!

Their chili is all meat with no beans and is " to die for"

Edited by phtktz3

Johnny Rockets is a chain burger joint here in America....it's ok...it's not "to die for"...is it worth the up charge? If you're tired of the ship's food...go for it...it's not expensive. It's not gourmet, by any standards!

Juicy burgers and great shakes are well worth it.

We're with you "cb"....it's just another fast food burger around here!!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

It definitely sounds like something I don't want to miss :)

The milkshakes sounds delicious, better step up the exercise routine now!!!

I think we are on the same cruise as you and we will definitely be going to Johnny Rockets, if there's a good crowd in there it's great fun. They had to roll me out of there last time we went :D

The Bistro Burger from room service is OUTSTANDING. Definitely gives JR's a run for its money. Literally, since it's free. ;)

LOVE the Bistro Burger. I always look forward to having a few of those on my cruise.

Big Foot:

The reason I love JR is because of the apple pie. Now THAT is to die for :D .

I agree that it's a good option if you get tired of of eating in the Windjammer for lunch and don't want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants.

We had lunch at JR on the Explorer last week and the food was pretty good. The bacon cheese fries and crispy chicken salad were great, and you don't leave hungry. I think all of the food is included, but you'll pay extra for milkshakes.

The ambiance wasn't anything special, IMO. Yes, the servers did a half-hearted dance to "Staying Alive," but it seemed like they weren't very into it (maybe it's because the crowd wasn't really lively at the time). We did hear "Staying Alive" and "YMCA" at least two times in the 45-60 minutes we were there, so I guess it's hard for the staff to stay really enthusiastic.

The charge for JR, what does it include in your purchase? Burger, fries, shake, dessert? Or can you order whatever you want?

It covers all of your food, but not your drinks. If you are C&A, there's a BOGO milkshake loaded on your sea pass card:D

They also have beer on tap, and you can use your drink coupons there as well. :D:D

Edited by orville99