Freedom of Seas "suites come first?????"

I'm glad that you found out the right name of the rude person. My company looks at its specific message boards and comments like that they they will follow up with the individual named and sometimes that person could get into trouble.
The inverse is true here too. It is good to let corporate know that an employee has given great service. I do that and I know from folks I have talked to at RCI C&A and Corporate that Rahoul has generated many, many positive comments from passengers.

They need an additional level between D+ and Pinnacle. This will thin the herd out in the CL. How about an additional level at 525 cruise points. :)

Let the bashing begin !

I think there was a thread on this a few months back. 525 and 350 cruise points were mentioned -- a possible name for the level was Black Diamond.

Well, honestly the CL was built for the suites. They have allowed D+ (and up until a few years ago D) to use it, but with the increasing number of D+, it's only a matter of time til it's suites only the way it was intended. We have been in GS several times and had use of the CL, and honestly some of the D+ and above that were in there acted like it was their lounge, it's not. We'll be D+ after our cruise in 4 weeks but fully expect to mainly use the D lounge and eventually have the CL access taken and given to suites and pinnacle only.

Great post.

I am still only a diamond here, but I have sailed in Suites a few times and have been able to take advantage of the CL. I agree with you about D+ acting as if it is a Special lounge for them and not for Suite guests paying the higher fares. (You can tell its D+ since they have no gold cards)

Granted, I didnt sail in the suite to get the concierge access (it really isnt worth it) but it is a nice perk when you pay so much more.

Getting back to the original topic has everyone looked at the suite brochure as it seems to imply that the Concierge in the CL is indeed for the Suite guests.

"* The above services, except where noted, are

available to our guests staying in Royal Suites,

Royal Family Suites, Presidential Family Suites,

Owner’s Suites and Grand Suites as well as

Royal Loft Suites, Owner’s Loft Suite, Grand

Loft Suite, Superior Grand Suite, Sky Loft Suites,

AquaTheater Suites and Crown Loft Suite on

Oasis-class and Quantum-class ships. These

services are not available to guests staying in

Junior Suites or Quantum Class Family Junior

Suite & Spa Junior Suites.

PLEASE NOTE: Diamond-level and above Crown

& Anchor® Society members have exclusive access

to similar amenities for those ships that have

The Diamond Club.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/enhanced-program-for-suites-guests-v7.pdf

I think there was a thread on this a few months back. 525 and 350 cruise points were mentioned -- a possible name for the level was Black Diamond.

There are already additional amenities provided to cruisers with 350 or 525 points so, just about all that, or any similar, suggestion would achieve is to put a new name to those levels, hardly worth the effort IMO. The fact that it is difficult to reach higher tiers is part of their value. Making new levels that are easier to reach actually devalues the achievements.

Diamond Plus, Pinnacle, or suite guests should be treated equally as valued guests and C&A status, or room level doesn't make the person any more special than any other. Those who constantly flaunt their status as evidence to the contrary only reveal themselves to be foolish and shallow.

Edited by negc

Getting back to the original topic has everyone looked at the suite brochure as it seems to imply that the Concierge in the CL is indeed for the Suite guests.

"* The above services, except where noted, are

available to our guests staying in Royal Suites,

Royal Family Suites, Presidential Family Suites,

Owner’s Suites and Grand Suites as well as

Royal Loft Suites, Owner’s Loft Suite, Grand

Loft Suite, Superior Grand Suite, Sky Loft Suites,

AquaTheater Suites and Crown Loft Suite on

Oasis-class and Quantum-class ships. These

services are not available to guests staying in

Junior Suites or Quantum Class Family Junior

Suite & Spa Junior Suites.

PLEASE NOTE: Diamond-level and above Crown

& Anchor® Society members have exclusive access

to similar amenities for those ships that have

The Diamond Club.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/enhanced-program-for-suites-guests-v7.pdf

Sooo does that mean Pinnacle are out of the CL? Says Diamond level and above? Just wondering..

What's the name of Berty's replacement in the DL.

Was Rahoul getting off FR today? I know he was delayed

All I can tell you is it's young lady. We weren't introduced. As far as Rahul, all I know is Berty said he was moving to the CL starting today.

There are already additional amenities provided to cruisers with 350 or 525 points so, just about all that, or any similar, suggestion would achieve is to put a new name to those levels, hardly worth the effort IMO. The fact that it is difficult to reach higher tiers is part of their value. Making new levels that are easier to reach actually devalues the achievements.

Diamond Plus, Pinnacle, or suite guests should be treated equally as valued guests and C&A status, or room level doesn't make the person any more special than any other. Those who constantly flaunt their status as evidence to the contrary only reveal themselves to be foolish and shallow.

I am enjoying the amenities provided at 340 and 350 cruise credit.

Agree about treating D+, Pinnacle or Suite as valuable guests. I don't flaunt my status but have been enjoying all the perks!!

All I can tell you is it's young lady. We weren't introduced. As far as Rahul, all I know is Berty said he was moving to the CL starting today.
Thanks Big_G for the update. I will check a few other sources and post on the Current Concierge Thread and on the GoogleDoc spreadsheet that we are keeping up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0 Folks can update the GoogleDoc or post on the thread and one of us will update the GoogleDoc. Will find out the Young Lady's name and post that also on Current Concierge Thread and GoogleDoc

Edited by SherriZ366

Over the past year I have witnessed horrifying behavior of Pinnacle guests in particular asking to see people's Seapass cards in the CL to confirm their eligibility.

In our first Grand Suite on Adventure of the Seas next weekend if anyone except the Concierge are a ships officer/employee ask to see my Seapass card they will be told to mind their own business as politely as my temper will allow me.

I think you'll be just fine from SJU but out of FL port's there seems to be an attitude...we are working towards Pinnacle, but doubtful that we'd ever wear the pin....just want to be a Pinnacle, and hope not to get kicked out of anything in the future. Sailing out of Galveston, we've been sitting with people that felt it was their responsiblity to police the lounge/diamond club whatever...sickening to me.

Of course the people who pay the premium rates for cabins should get extra benefits.

Just remember, if you ran into these same people elsewhere, they would be just as ignorant!!!

My wife and I are on the younger side as well; relatively newly minted D, will be a while before D+. Suite cruising is beyond our means and we're in no rush anyways. Have definitely gotten a few sideways looks, but no one has asked me for my Seapass, and the only person I'd give it to is a staff member anyways.

A while back I made my wife a piece of costume jewelry; just a sparkly anchor pendant on a chain; retail value $10 - $15, probably would fall apart if it touched water, or turn your skin green, etc. Just a fun piece. Someone asked where my wife got it and she said from the cruise line as a gift for her loyalty at reaching Diamond. I watched someones head just about explode :D

Did that make her feel good?

What does "younger" mean. I'm curious what some think/mean when they post they are on the younger side for any status.

Age under 35.

way younger than us, we didn't make Diamond until 50. Didn't latch onto Royal until we had been on 20 other cruises. We flew from diamond to diamond plus though. :o

Somehow we wasted our youth on all those other ships.

Edited by John&LaLa

way younger than us, we didn't make Diamond until 50. Didn't latch onto Royal until we had been on 20 other cruises. We flew from diamond to diamond plus though. :o

Somehow we wasted our youth on all those other ships.

Doesn't sound like a bad way to get where you are at!

Over the past year I have witnessed horrifying behavior of Pinnacle guests in particular asking to see people's Seapass cards in the CL to confirm their eligibility.

In our first Grand Suite on Adventure of the Seas next weekend if anyone except the Concierge are a ships officer/employee ask to see my Seapass card they will be told to mind their own business as politely as my temper will allow me.

Well said!! Smackaroonie.

Hope you make the cruise. take your anti Noro pills with you. Just off there and following a deep cleanse before, we had epidemic and a planned deeper cleanse after the cruise. Staff were brilliant but guest hygiene was an issue. :eek: Did not understand the importance of cleansing before feeding.

If anyone EVER thinks that I even thought about doing such a despicable thing, they have my authority to throw my Stupid Ass overboard., forgetting anything about Saving The Waves :D:eek:

If it was up to me I'd let you do whatever you want on the ship if you got

rid of that ridiculous little bug in your signature. Maybe that was amusing 10

years ago. No its just annoying.