Anyone taken the Eclipse on 14night Caribbean Cruise???

portcbob

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone of you guys out there have cruised on the Celebrity Eclipse on the 14 night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise. If so, would you recommend it.

Considering flying over from Australia to do this cruise in the near future some time.

A great time to cruise that region would also be most helpful.

Thankyou very much in advance.

Bob & Chris ( Downunder ):):):)

Yes! It's wonderful. We plan to do it again sometime. Wonderful itinerary.

Yes, we've done it the last two Christmases and enjoyed ourselves very much. Twice in two years is enough, though, plus the current holiday prices are not worth it, so pick another time of year and have a ball.

Edited by BosoxI

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone of you guys out there have cruised on the Celebrity Eclipse on the 14 night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise. If so, would you recommend it.

Considering flying over from Australia to do this cruise in the near future some time.

Yes! Absolutely one of the nicest cruises we have ever taken! Ports are fun and the Eclipse is wonderful- enjoy!!

Yes! It's wonderful. ----Wonderful itinerary.

We did it in March 2013.

IMO you need to do at least 14 nights if you are travelling so far.

My favourite port is Aruba, but I'm biased, as our son lived there for a year, so I spent 2 weeks there twice. My only disappointment was that we were unable to go into Curaçao, due to high winds.

Yes, book it for January when the weather and availability of cabins is the best. You'll get to Florida before many of the snowbirds (charmers from up north) get their holiday decorations put away and come down for the winter. Of course many are here before holidays but January is the best time to book Florida cruise vacations.

Do plan a pre cruise to rest and post cruise holiday in Ft. Lauderdale with a tour to S. Beach in Miami. Probably you will fly in/out of Miami but we prefer Ft. Lauderdale beach area for the many hotels and the all day off/on water taxi of the mansions and much more along the intercoastal waterway.

The Ultimate Caribbean cruise on Eclipse is a very good way to see those islands without staying over. The favorites for us are Aruba, Barbados, Curacao and St. Thomas (for St. John). Plan excursions in St. Lucia and Antigua because walks from the ship are not advised.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

Come the first week of March & join us! We've done the itinerary twice before (on Constellation) & are looking forward to seeing our favorite islands again on Eclipse. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sailed on that cruise on the Eclipse last January, it was one of my favorite Celebrity cruises. I sailed on the one over New Years.

The ports are generally good. We stopped at RCL's private island off Jamaica.

It's a good mix of islands and sea days.

We ave done it 3 times and have 3 more booked.

Need a few more Aussies on board as they are always a fun group.

We drive about 1300 miles from MI and most times to make it worth our travel we usually can find another cruise that is rather inexpensive while in Fla. We are sailing on Nov 23 and just booked a 5 day Princess cruise sailing on Nov 15 for $299 pp for a balcony on the Caribe deck. Total cost is $792 plus we are getting $200 SBC

Just seen a promo for our cruise today for a CC guarantee for 2 with the total cost of $2800.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi Bob and Chris

We are flying from Tasmania to catch this cruise on Jan 4th ,the cruise booking has been straightforward the air component however has been

a challange and I fly for business 100 + days a year.

I ended up utilising LAX to FLL as it has better timings and more flight options.

We booked a suite nearly 12 months ago and the pricing has only gone up and all suites are booked so I am glad we booked early.

This will only be our second cruise we did Barcelona to Venice on the Royal Princess and it was just ok so this is give cuising "one more chance " trip.

We will post a review when we return to Australia.

All The Best

Tony

Hi Guys.

We did this cruise this past February and loved the ship, the food, the shows, the crew. Only negative, were fellow passengers. Probably because it was a long itinerary for the Caribbean, the pax were older (and I'm in my 60's), and could be rather snooty, (a lot of crowing about loyalty status). However, we did meet quite a few nice folks and really enjoyed the itinerary. St Lucia especially! Would do it again, but probably try a shorter cruise. But definitely a Celebrity believer now.

Enjoy!!!

Bob and Alice

It's a very nice cruise but personally, I preferred the 11 night itinerary I did on the Millenium a few years back. I was ready for the 14 day cruise to be done by day 12. It's all just a little too repetitive in the Caribbean. But hey, first world problems! I'd take the 14 day over a 7 day anytime. I wouldn't do the first weeks of January again though, I'd go later.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have sailed this agenda every year for the last 6 years and absolutely love it. This year we are sailing b2b from Feb.lst to Mar.1st. We have found the people on board to be lovely, although a bit older, as others have said the 2 wk. sailings bring on an older crowd. The Eclipse is a beautiful, well run ship and the captain and his staff are very friendly and always seem to be out amongst the people. The ports are all wonderful - I can't think of anything to complain about, or we wouldn't be sailing it every year.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this ship, itinerary, food, or fellow passengers.

I was on that cruise in January. We had a great time.it was so good that we booked the same cruise again. I will be back on the Eclipse again in January. We met lots of people who also booked again. Looking forward to another fabulous 14 days on the Eclipse. Book the cruise. Enjoy!

Great ship and great itinerary. We did the same itinerary on Connie a few years ago and loved. Did the 14 on the Eclipse in April 2013 and it was one of our favourite cruises ever. Great ship and great itinerary. We are doing it again on the Eclipse in March 2015 and April 2016!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have sailed the 14-night Caribbean cruise on Eclipse twice and like it so much we have booked two more. It is so relaxing. The nights are beautiful with the Caribbean islands we pass all lit up and sparkling. The weather has been fabulous in late March and early April when we sailed. I enjoyed the cruises so much, I would have liked to do back-to-back of the itinerary, but we can't leave home that long.

Thankyou all you nice guys that have contributed.

You all have really wet our appetite for this cruise. I am sure we will definitely do this cruise, its just a matter of when????

Once again, thanks folks for all your help.

Cheers Bob & Chris.:):):)

We loved this cruise. We loved everything about it. Would love to do it again and not get off at every port. It is so port intensive, we were exhausted when we got home. I have trouble remembering which port was which. They all run together. We loved the Eclipse, the entertainment, the food, the staff. Definitely plan to go again.

Hi Guys.

I did it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it. In fact I met a lovely couple from Australia on that cruise so you would have good company as it does seem to be popular even with the distance to get here.

I personally recommend any time from early December until late January. I did mine in January and had perfect weather.