Would you accept pre paid grats for all dinning options

fishtaco

Not trying to stir things up but it would be interesting to see who would and wouldnt accept pre paid grats as the only option.

I like traditional dinning but I also like pre paid grats so i am sure there are a few who prefer MTD and already pre pay but they may object just because there would no longer be a personal choice?

Not trying to stir things up but it would be interesting to see who would and wouldnt accept pre paid grats as the only option.

I like traditional dinning but I also like pre paid grats so i am sure there are a few who prefer MTD and already pre pay but they may object just because there would no longer be a personal choice?

I will pre-pay my tips regardless. Love having it done before I get on the ship. We have done MTD since it started and love it. Pre-Paying tips means I don't have to worry about all that cash at the end of the cruise. We still tip extra, but it is nice to have it all done ahead of time and just do envelopes with extra cash for the servers we want to tip extra. I will never not pre-pay my tips, regardless of the type of dining offered.

Already prepaid my gratuities.

But, now that thee Oasis is providing new options for dining I cannot wait to see how this changes my tip deliverance in the future.

Oh, I wont be cheap.

But, maybe I may just go down to customer service, remove my dining tip portion and provide it to the new suite dining venue.

No, I wont.

I realize that all servers where-ever they are assigned are entitled to their just fair share.

If someone exceeds my expectations then I will continue to tip more as I have done in the past.

Just wish they would just put the tips in the cruise fare.

or

Give better wages to workers.

Thanks for listening.

Frustrated , but will still pay gratuities.

Sea Ya

I've never minded tipping in person on the last evening...but in fact, the "daily charge" or prepayment makes it easy for everyone. No guesswork...no scrambling fro the right denomination bills...no trying to find the folks you're supposed to tip.

Pay now or later...makes no difference!

We prefer to prepay our gratuities and have it out of the way. I never liked that ritual of handing out tip envelopes on the last evening!

Personally, I think gratuities should be added to the final payment for everyone, just like tax and port fees. They should not be removable either.

We always use our OBC for our tips. Therefore we would not like prepaying.

Same here.

Always have, always will - we like getting on board and not having to worry or think about anything but relaxing and enjoying the cruise:)

Nothing to worry about if they are not pre paid. RCCL puts a daily charge on the account. Never had any problems.

Either way, we love not having to fool with getting cash, stuffing envelopes and finding the recipient.

M

This is such a tiring and old debate, period. Prepay now and don't even thibk about it. Will be oh so happy when folks finally stop posting this issue....:rolleyes:

Edited by Thetrail

This is such a tiring and old debate, period. Prepay now and don't even thibk about it. Will be oh so happy when folks finally stop posting this issue....:rolleyes:

Ah, it maybe an old debate but it sucked you into the discussion. :) I agree with you, we prepay and don't even think about it

Just a guess, but I believe that if gratuities become prepaid and non-removable, then they will have to be included as part of the advertised price of the cruise. If I recall correctly, the State of Florida won a lawsuit against the cruise companies a while back for something similar with regard to port fees.

I prepay, I also like having things paid up front so there is nothing to worry about at the end.

If someone is over the top in service, I do tip extra.

We are not high maintenance people on vacation, normally. I ask for a couple of things when we board and then usually don't need anything after that.

Just a guess, but I believe that if gratuities become prepaid and non-removable, then they will have to be included as part of the advertised price of the cruise. If I recall correctly, the State of Florida won a lawsuit against the cruise companies a while back for something similar with regard to port fees.

In the 1990's it was a lawsuit over port charges, and then in the 2000's it was a lawsuit over fuel surcharges.

Prepaying works for us, and we typically prefer the traditional dining. Doing MyTime for our Nov cruise, so required. That's $216 for the two of us. Purchased beverage packages and so there should be limited charges on our tab - likely for Internet. OBC will help with that.

I do tend to tip our cabin attendent right off the bat. By doing so, I find they are most helpful and attentive.

I do tend to tip our cabin attendent right off the bat. By doing so, I find they are most helpful and attentive.

No need to bribe them for good service; they provide good service as part of their jobs. And not sure why that had to be mentioned in regards to prepaid grats for dining as it has nothing to do with it.

We prepay it as it is required for the dining selections we want. If they are going to require prepayment for all dining selections I believe they should disclose it in the total cruise cost upfront.