Laundry question re: $20 for 20 items

DrJW

I have not seen it on every Oceania cruise. We did have it offered on our last cruise - Insignia New York to Miami last month and it was offered for 3 days mid cruise. I used it for the first time and discovered that you are charged $20.00 whether there are 10 items or 20 items so be sure that you put 20 items in!!

A friend who used the 20 for $20 was told that it was only available on cruises 14 days or longer. She was on an 18 day and the service was offered four times. It's nice to go home with clean clothes. ; )

Joan

On our last 18 day cruise we had it twice and the 2nd time I just packed the package of clean clothes in my suitcase..imagine my shock when I got home and unpacked with other peoples socks..so moral is always check laundry when you get it back..my bad !!

Jancruz1

It is a good deal. We have had it on most of our cruises, generally after 5 or 6 days. Probably a few times during each cruise. :):)

It is a good deal, but to be clear, one that is almost never offered on Cruises of less than 10 days in duration.

A good reminder. Most of our cruises have been of the 12-14 day duration, but the most recent ones were 16-20, and on those longer cruises we had this option. In earlier times, on a 12-14 day cruise we MIGHT occasionally see this option. (Generally we prefer to do our own laundry but we *have* used the 20 items for $20 option on several occasions.)

A previous poster mentioned how they almost always have had the option, but perhaps they were on longer cruises. It isn't clear.

I am guessing that some people reading these messages may think that this is a relatively standard option on shorter cruises ... and I don't think that is right. (Unless changes have been made.)

Mura

My suggestion is to go to Reception as soon as you can and ask if they know. If you have a butler, ask HIM.

Other than that you have to wait for the announcement in Daily Currents. It's marginal (from my experience) on a 14 day cruise. Which is not to say that it will NOT be offered.

As I recall (in our experience), it is announced a day or two before it is available. Not more. That is why asking at Reception might give you an answer.

And might not! But it's worth asking.

Mura

It's been my impression that the $20 option depends on the length of the cruise and how busy the laundry people are. We have seen it on most but not all cruises and we are usually over 12-14 days. I suspect that if the laundry workers are standing around with nothing to do there is more likelihood that they will offer the special.

As with Mura we mostly do our own and have developed a wardrobe of quick drying clothes so we rarely need to send anything out

My suggestion is to go to Reception as soon as you can and ask if they know. If you have a butler, ask HIM.

Other than that you have to wait for the announcement in Daily Currents. It's marginal (from my experience) on a 14 day cruise. Which is not to say that it will NOT be offered.

As I recall (in our experience), it is announced a day or two before it is available. Not more. That is why asking at Reception might give you an answer.

And might not! But it's worth asking.

Mura

Have no problem doing our own but it's always nice to take a break:D

It is a good deal, but to be clear, one that is almost never offered on Cruises of less than 10 days in duration.

I do not think we have gone on an Oceania Cruise for less than 14 days, and the last 2 were 16 and 18 days so I do not know about he shorter one's

I do not think we have gone on an Oceania Cruise for less than 14 days, and the last 2 were 16 and 18 days so I do not know about he shorter one's

Many of us prefer the longer cruises, but a check of the Oceania Website tells me that there are 283 seven day voyages on offer during the next six months, so it stands to reason that a large number of the people who are reading are researching a 7 day trip. :D

Many of us prefer the longer cruises, but a check of the Oceania Website tells me that there are 283 seven day voyages on offer during the next six months, so it stands to reason that a large number of the people who are reading are researching a 7 day trip. :D

You are exaggerating quite a bit Jim and Stan. With 5 ships and 26 weeks in 6 months, 5X26=130. That means if everyone of the Oceania 5 ships does nothing by 7 day cruises in the next 6 months, the maximum number of cruises is 130 or less than 1/2 of the 283 you stated.

Doubt more than half the cruise in the next 6 months are 7 day so less that 65 7 day cruises in the next 6 months.

Do you need us to send you a working calculator???? :D

Interesting information. We no longer consider cruises less than 10 days (preferably 14+ days).

Interesting information. We no longer consider cruises less than 10 days (preferably 14+ days).

With the long travel time to most of the places we want to go it does not pay to do a cruise less than 14 days. The laundry is a good thing when it happens. :):)

With the long travel time to most of the places we want to go it does not pay to do a cruise less than 14 days. The laundry is a good thing when it happens. :):)

Hoping it happens on our 14 day cruise. We will board two weeks from today and are very excited:)