QUANTUM is EPIC FAILURE—2½ STARS!!!

gkbiiii

Bumper Cars - Would be nice if there was more time slots allotted for this as the lines were always full everyday. This activity had only 2 hours dedicated daily and should probably be given 4 to 5 hours a day, given the long lines and the large hours of overhead in set-up required by the sports staff.

The two hours is probably limited by the battery life of the cars.

I was willing to appreciate the content of the review until three things struck me:

The second maiden TA on a new mega-cruise ship after the first experience was rated only 2 stars? Strike 1.

You didn't realize this ship was unlike the others in the RCCL fleet before stepping on board? Strike 2.

You were lied to, deceived and not provided the experience you were promised? Strike 3.

You're out.

1. The first Maiden Voyage, The NCL Epic I would rate at a solid 2 stars. The Quantum I would give 2 1/2 stars based on prior RCCL standards, as I understood them.

2. When I booked the ship, over 1 1/2 years ago, none of this was known: dynamic dining, look/feel of the ship (not fully enclosed, even prior to boarding), the lack of a centrum, increased fees, etc.

3. By the time this was made public this year, I had bought my air tickets & hotels; as such I was fully committed.

There are significant room service surcharges, on items which are free on other RCCL ships.

Your list is alarming but for some reason, this one really gets to me. Did I read correctly on this and other threads that you now have to pay for a hot room service breakfast?

Your list is alarming but for some reason, this one really gets to me. Did I read correctly on this and other threads that you now have to pay for a hot room service breakfast?

A picture of the menu is posted on another thread and unless you just want a bagel there is a charge per item. I believe something like $3.95.

OP,

I would love more details about the problems on the ship, especially the drunken exploits of the vice president. However, please restrain your use of the comma.

The executives were given comped bottles of Champagne and this lady got into a verbally abusive spat with one of the engineers of the robotic company. She was even on a microphone and said publically that the reason they could not get this to work, as she instructed; was due to the sexism of the male technicians.

As you can tell, this "Lady VP" was a real class act!!:p:eek:

While I am sorry that you had a bad experience, I find your review extremely excessive. Yes, you voiced real complaints, such as the boarding process, new technology not working, the training of the staff, and the level of service, but a lot of it doesn’t even make sense to me.

1. No similarity throughout the fleet – I think that’s the point. It’s a ship different that the rest (change with the times)

2. No ice cream – really? That’s a big deal to you?

3. Dining quality – After 20 odd some cruises on Royal Caribbean, I’ve noticed the dining quality plummet the last few years, so fleet-wide it stinks…I’m glad they changed it up, maybe not to your liking.

4. The purple polar bear – you’re criticizing a bear? It doesn’t belong in your review.

5. No central meeting place – Did you have that many people to meet that you needed a big, central meeting place? If you complained as much as you did in your review, on the cruise, I doubt it. ;)

I would personally love to have gone on the maiden transatlantic sailing, however that’s life. I would go knowing that it’s the first sailing and to expect bugs that they haven’t worked out yet. Nothing is perfect and things are always changing.

Yes, certain items from room service have a charge now. Also, Johnny Rocket's is per item pricing.

Yes, certain items from room service have a charge now. Also, Johnny Rocket's is per item pricing.

A picture of the menu is posted on another thread and unless you just want a bagel there is a charge per item. I believe something like $3.95.

Thank you. :) I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me my Celebrity points are going to start raising at a little faster rate. :(

Funny, but I didn't see anything in the OPs first post about the OBC that everyone received on board nor the 25% FCC that will be forthcoming. I think that in itself was pretty generous of RCI as a recognition of the problems that pax were encountering.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you for your review. Though I haven't been on the Quantum I am not surprised by your review. I actually called my agent yesterday to express my concerns about this new "Dynamic Dining". I agree. If I wanted Free Style I would cruise Norwegian. I am a Diamond Member and I feel that RCCL is definitely headed down a downward sloped based on the last two cruises. I don't know what they are going to do but this new way of doing this is not going to work for their "old timers". If I wanted to make reservations every night or stand in line or sit somewhere different every night I would check into a resort for a week. I have always loved RCCL and I am sad that I may have to make a switch because I have been loyal to them but I have definitely been disenchanted over the past couple of years with their service and dining among other things.:confused:

Edited by bbgirl2
Type

The executives were given comped bottles of Champagne and this lady got into a verbally abusive spat with one of the engineers of the robotic company. She was even on a microphone and said publically that the reason they could not get this to work, as she instructed; was due to the sexism of the male technicians.

Well that wasn't as fun a story as I expected.

Have you bothered to read the official passenger reviews, posted on this site?

The ship has a 44% Cruise Critic Member approval rating!!!

The ship has ONLY had ONE "true" sailing...the TA! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to my cruise on board the Quantum on 11/21 and 11/23.

The ship has a 44% Cruise Critic Member approval rating!!!

This is déjà vu from most recent newbuild reviews on pretty much every cruise line. When NCL introduced Epic, Carnival introduced Dream, Princess introduced Royal and apparently now Royal introduced Quantum, all suffered from horrible reviews initially, mostly from either very experienced cruisers or TA's who nitpicked the ships first few sailings to death.

IMHO, it's too early to say that the Quantum is a failure. When the ship begins regular itineraries with regular passengers, we'll truly find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi