CCL stock is going "Bananas"!

serendipity1499

Does anyone know what's driving up CCL's stock?

It closed today at $44.16 (up $2.04) !:D:D Are they selling cruises at Black Friday prices?

We've certainly recouped our initial investment for the stock with OBC's & Dividends, but really wish we had bought more than 100 shares! ;)

I've never had much luck buying individual stocks, so this makes me happy..

Wouldn't it be nice if the Airlines lowered their Ticket prices.. They are higher than they were a year ago, so they certainly are not passing the reductions in oil back to the consumer..

HAL on the other hand is selling many cabins for rock bottom prices..

Cheers..

Just the opposite. Jet Blue announced they will be adding more seats, thereby reducing leg room and will start charging for first checked bag. Currently first bag is no charge. So much for passing along some fuel savings to the customer. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be nice if the Airlines lowered their Ticket prices.. They are higher than they were a year ago, so they certainly are not passing the reductions in oil back to the consumer..

HAL on the other hand is selling many cabins for rock bottom prices..

Cheers..

I agree -- our air tickets have done nothing but gone up over the last 2 years.

Does anyone know what's driving up CCL's stock?

It closed today at $44.16 (up $2.04) !:D:D Are they selling cruises at Black Friday prices?

We've certainly recouped our initial investment for the stock with OBC's & Dividends, but really wish we had bought more than 100 shares! ;)

I've never had much luck buying individual stocks, so this makes me happy..

I paid 2700$ for the 100 shares and have collected about 40 times on cruises so far ..

I paid 2700$ for the 100 shares and have collected about 40 times on cruises so far ..

If I understand correctly. You pad $2700 and have collected 40 times, or $2700 x 40 = $108,000 for 11 cruises or about $9818 per cruise? Is this what you are suggesting?

If I understand correctly. You pad $2700 and have collected 40 times, or $2700 x 40 = $108,000 for 11 cruises or about $9818 per cruise? Is this what you are suggesting?

No, You receive $ 100.00 OBC on a seven night cruise.

If I understand correctly. You pad $2700 and have collected 40 times' date=' or $2700 x 40 = $108,000 for 11 cruises or about $9818 per cruise? Is this what you are suggesting?[/quote']

LOL..I think you are misinterpreting what "we're sailing away" is saying.. Believe they probably have collected OBC on 40 cruises since they purchased the 100 shares.. Minimum that would be $4,000 in OBC which is a nice profit..

We paid $18.24 a share in 2009, only because I was too "chicken" to purchase it before that.. So far we've collected more than we paid in OBC. & dividends.. We normally take longer cruises & receive $250 OBC for each cruise..:):)

Edited by serendipity1499

I'm happy. too, having bought in early, but upped my stop-loss order to $40 today. CCL was very volatile in October.

I would consider keeping 100 shares, even at this price. At $40 you are getting 2.5% in dividends (better than in a bank), plus your OBC for each cruise. Cruise once a year for 7 days and you earn $100 (another 2.5%) and if you take a longer cruise (I think over 14 days) you get $250 (6.25%). Remember, the OBC is tax free as well.

Hard to beat this deal IMO. Plus with oil dropping, CCL profits should be increasing.

DaveOKC

I would consider keeping 100 shares, even at this price. At $40 you are getting 2.5% in dividends (better than in a bank), plus your OBC for each cruise. Cruise once a year for 7 days and you earn $100 (another 2.5%) and if you take a longer cruise (I think over 14 days) you get $250 (6.25%). Remember, the OBC is tax free as well.

Hard to beat this deal IMO. Plus with oil dropping, CCL profits should be increasing.

DaveOKC

Agree! :D

We just jumped on the bandwagon and bought 100 shares a little over a year ago. We have since been paid $100 in dividends and $250 in OBC, with another $100 OBC coming in January. As long as the OBC program stays in effect, this is a great investment.