Elite plus averages

tomcruiser1234

The "carrot" appears to be luring many to cruise more just to reach the Zenith Level. I can't name names here, but be assured that many have told me that they took more cruises the closer they got. Some booked higher categories to get there more quickly. I am guilty of doing that and very glad I did. As time goes on it will become more difficult to reach Zenith unless one books the highest Suites. But now there seems to be a steady flow into Zenith. Three more reached Zenith in Reflection this week. It also appears that once Zenith is reached people at that level appear to cruise even more than previously although some book lower price cabins since they receive Suite amenities. Many who do believe that they will get there will and recognize that the fun is in the journey.

I think that Celebrity would be well served to offer a loyalty level between Zenith and Elite plus. There are some but not many people that are close enough to Zenith that they might cruise more to get there. Because it's so far for me to get there at 1150 points, there is no such incentive. I just exited a month on the Silhouette in a suite, and earned 240 points. I would need approximately eight more months in a suite to get to Zenith. Though this might be possible, it's not probable given that suite prices are approx $1000 per night on most cruises going forward. Celebrity isn't a $1000 a night product IMO ...

The Zenith perks just aren't worth it.....for what? To get into Michaels club?

We visited twice, and declined the third offer because I like the Ensemble lounge better !!!!

Edited by Kevnzworld

One would hope that Celebrity would note your post pretty carefully....after all, you are the demographic they are after.....and look at your next cruises:

Upcoming :

Oceania Riviera , Caribbean 1/24/15, 10 days

Seabourn Quest. Brazil >FLL >Barcelona 3/17, 42 days

Seabourn Odyssey Venice >FLL 10/3, 25 days

Celebrity Solstice New Zealand 1/05/16, 14 days

I think that speaks far more loudly than words. They've clearly not enticed you to be a repeat Celebrity cruiser with their product.

One would hope that Celebrity would note your post pretty carefully....after all, you are the demographic they are after.....and look at your next cruises:

Upcoming :

Oceania Riviera , Caribbean 1/24/15, 10 days

Seabourn Quest. Brazil >FLL >Barcelona 3/17, 42 days

Seabourn Odyssey Venice >FLL 10/3, 25 days

Celebrity Solstice New Zealand 1/05/16, 14 days

I think that speaks far more loudly than words. They've clearly not enticed you to be a repeat Celebrity cruiser with their product.

Well, I wouldn't have 1150 Pts if I wasn't a repeat customer. At $500 per night, a Sky suite is a reasonable value, but at twice that I can and am sailing on more premium cruiselines with smaller ships and better itineraries and food....

The reason I booked three Celebrity cruises in 2016, is for their itineraries and at $600 a night in a suite with access to the new restaurant, a reasonable value.

Unfortunately, except for the TA 's , the other European cruises in 2016 on a Solstice ship were all about $1000 per night.

On those cruises where the top cruiser is not already Zenith, they have not had access to Michael's Club so far. Of course, anything can change.

On our latest cruise, the ship's godmother and her travelling companion and [some] Blue Chip Club members had access to Michael's Club as well as Zeniths and top suites. It was very busy. OK, adding top cruisers on our cruise would not have increased the numbers [because the top cruisers were Zeniths] but while Michael's Club can be that full on any cruise I cannot see other categories being added.

with less than 1200 points, we have no chance to make zenith so if it's supposed to be a carrot, it isn't working. If we were close, we'd do some caribbean sailings even if we've done them before...but as it stands, there's no need to throw in extra cruises.

We generally book aqua, sometimes, perhaps, at least until crowding in blu stops, concierge or even balcony. We enjoy the perks of elite plus and consider it in the cost of the cruise. We are focusing on itinerary now...and celebrity itineraries have become stale and repetitive, so that's a big dissuader.

We have less than 1000 points, so have no expectation of ever reaching Zenith. I agree that there is no incentive to favour Celebrity for extra cruises, even though we enjoy the Elite+ benefits. We also look at itinerary and cost, especially when X is promoting 123 go packages, which push the price up and may not be cost effective for moderate drinkers like us. Our last two cruises were with Princess, and our next two will be with Celebrity.

Sheila

I think that Celebrity would be well served to offer a loyalty level between Zenith and Elite plus. There are some but not many people that are close enough to Zenith that they might cruise more to get there. Because it's so far for me to get there at 1150 points, there is no such incentive. I just exited a month on the Silhouette in a suite, and earned 240 points. I would need approximately eight more months in a suite to get to Zenith. Though this might be possible, it's not probable given that suite prices are approx $1000 per night on most cruises going forward. Celebrity isn't a $1000 a night product IMO ...

We visited twice, and declined the third offer because I like the Ensemble lounge better !!!!

I've been arguing for a level between Elite+ and Zenith since the program started and continue to advocate it. Just would make good marketing sense. Zenith gives one much more than Michael's Club. The dry cleaning, internet minutes and Suite amenities are quite nice. Michael's Club appears to be evolving into more than just a place to get drinks. Special events have been held in MC during my last two cruises. The MC Concierge has proven most helpful to me and it's a pleasure to be able to avoid regular Customer Service at Celebrity.

11565iDE6591B132811446?v=mpbl-1

If the donkey can't see the carrot -- there is no point. We're just barely at Elite+. Zenith is so far off, we have absolutely no motivation to earn any additional points.

We were among those that did book Concierge cabins (if it was only a little more) in order to reach the next level back when we all assumed it was coming. It paid off for us (not that the Elite+ parks are that good).

Unless we wanted the location, I wouldn't pay anything extra now for a CC cabin. We aren't the type that would ever spend money for a suite (may try Aqua someday) :)

Am currently Elite, and should make Elite + at the end of 2015.

Count me as another who thinks it would be nice if there was a level in between E+ and Zenith.

Wife and I are in mid 40's, so it is feasable to make Zenith, but not likely.

I ran the numbers and it is well over 100k spend to go from zero to Zenith.

I would also like to see a level between Elite Plus and Zenith. With little cruises on X out of the West Coast my last two cruises have been with Princess. I did miss my Elite + benefits. Would cruise X much more often if West Coast and another level were in close reach.

Am currently Elite, and should make Elite + at the end of 2015.

Count me as another who thinks it would be nice if there was a level in between E+ and Zenith.

Wife and I are in mid 40's, so it is feasable to make Zenith, but not likely.

I ran the numbers and it is well over 100k spend to go from zero to Zenith.

My bet is that you will make Zenith a lot faster than you think if you continue to cruise. In my mid-40's I had "0" points. In fact my first Celebrity cruise was in 2000 and you paid a fee to join the program. No points were awarded. Just cruise for fun and it will come.

We will be at 2099 after our New Year cruise. Very happy with the Elite + benefits. We have been the top cruisers on two cruises now and have only had access to Michael's Club because we were in a suite not because we were the top cruisers. It is difficult using Michael's Club, however when you are traveling with friends who are not in Suites....

Now that they are giving double points for single cruisers, it won't take as many cruises as it used to, but I generally book ocean view rooms (the Eclipse TA was an exception) so the points don't accrue very quickly.

Since you mentioned it......Reflection was my first cruise with double

points (last month)....when I checked my account, they had only given

me single points:rolleyes:.....I called Capt's Club.....they just got it corrected.

At least it only took one phone call.

Hi Kev: This has been a topic of many of my friends on the issue of another tier. The figures really do not equate for elite plus to zenith.

I agree also after being in the Michael's lounge also, where it is usually dark and dreary, that the sky lounge or any other place on the ship is so much more of an enjoyable experience.

My only complaint with Celebrity is the use of the Blu restaurant for their suite people, this has evolved into a terrible situation for those of us who prefer aqua class. So many times there is no room because of the influx of the suite people. Hopefully this problem will resolve with the new suite dining rooms. But being it is not really in the near future we have moved our business out of celebrity also.

Hi Kev: This has been a topic of many of my friends on the issue of another tier. The figures really do not equate for elite plus to zenith.

I agree also after being in the Michael's lounge also, where it is usually dark and dreary, that the sky lounge or any other place on the ship is so much more of an enjoyable experience.

My only complaint with Celebrity is the use of the Blu restaurant for their suite people, this has evolved into a terrible situation for those of us who prefer aqua class. So many times there is no room because of the influx of the suite people. Hopefully this problem will resolve with the new suite dining rooms. But being it is not really in the near future we have moved our business out of celebrity also.

As I've said many times, blu seems to allow suite guests in at any time so there are now significant waits which pretty much negate the experience. We agree with Hayward and our next cruise is our first in a few years not to be Aqua. We booked a verandah.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am happy with our Elite status and know we will never hit Zenith. Elite+ might be nice but I don't think you get that much more when you hit the +.

Marion:)

double the internet minutes is a VERY nice additional perk...especially on a long cruise....also the additional bags of laundry...again very nice on a long cruise....so I look forward to getting to "+":)

I consider making Elite the primary goal; Elite+ is a nice bonus but for us Zenith is out of the question, as we have only 1100 points and we're not spring chickens. As someone has already noted, Celebrity's pricing has given us pause, and our next two cruises will be on other lines after years of being loyal to X. On a recent cruise I noted that the same six or so people were using Michael's and while I knew two of them to be good company, I was not at all impressed with sitting in a dark room on a sunny day, talking to the same people. I guess small talk is not my forte.

Edited by BosoxI