Spring Break 2015

For your cruise scheduling,,, this is our 2015 count of college spring break, approx because my eyes are old!

College vacations 2015 Spring Break,,,,

2/28 40 colleges on break

3/7 137 colleges on break:eek:

3/14 119 colleges on break:eek:

3/21 41 colleges on break

3/28 8 colleges on break

4/8 3 colleges on break

Have Fun!:D

In my experience, there are more younger kids during the various spring breaks as opposed to college age. I think they are going on the 3-4 days with their friends vs the 7 and longer with their families.

I've also gotten some good deals during this time when prices went down after final payment was due.

For your cruise scheduling,,, this is our 2015 count of college spring break, approx because my eyes are old!

College vacations 2015 Spring Break,,,,

2/28 40 colleges on break

3/7 137 colleges on break:eek:

3/14 119 colleges on break:eek:

3/21 41 colleges on break

3/28 8 colleges on break

4/8 3 colleges on break

Have Fun!:D

As an elementary school teacher, I either go the March Break week with my family or I do not go at all. This year we have the week of 3/14 you mention above. If I want to be an optimistic, at least there will be MORE on Break the week prior to our sailing:o.

We are traveling on the Allure this time. Last time we were on the Oasis for the Break, we noticed VERY FEW college-aged students. I think a combination of the price of the Oasis class ships being higher, it being a longer cruise (7 days vs. a 3-5 day shorter cheaper cruise), and the fact that RCCL is more of a "family" oriented cruise line, will keep the number of College Breakers down on our sailing. That said, there will likely be 1,500 school aged children on our sailing, but we did not find this an issue at all on the Oasis 2 years ago.

The craziest March trip we ever took was on the NCL Spirit on an 8 day cruise out of NYC. I think EVERY college student in NY simply took the subway to the pier and was on that cruise. It was NUTS:eek:

College Spring Breakers will mostly not go on a RC cruise..

Not at all true. We do a spring break cruise every year out of Tampa on RCL, and half the passengers are college students.

RCL promotes its 3,4, and 5 night spring break cruises heavily to college students, and when we've been in Cozumel on the same day as Liberty of the Seas, the port is packed with college students. I presume the other RCL cruises over spring break are equally as popular with college spring breakers.

I always thought Carnival was more the "spring break" clientele. I'm an elementary school teacher and our break is April 3-10th. I'm debating whether to book a trip during this time, but we will see. I have a toddler, so I would rather be surrounded by families than college students lol!

Not at all true. We do a spring break cruise every year out of Tampa on RCL, and half the passengers are college students.

RCL promotes its 3,4, and 5 night spring break cruises heavily to college students, and when we've been in Cozumel on the same day as Liberty of the Seas, the port is packed with college students. I presume the other RCL cruises over spring break are equally as popular with college spring breakers.

I saw a ton on my 4 day Brilliance cruise in late April. My guess it was a end of the year deal. For the most part they were okay.

Thanks for the info. Only 8 colleges on my Liberty cruise in 2015[emoji1] .

As an elementary school teacher, I either go the March Break week with my family or I do not go at all. This year we have the week of 3/14 you mention above. If I want to be an optimistic, at least there will be MORE on Break the week prior to our sailing:o.

We are traveling on the Allure this time. Last time we were on the Oasis for the Break, we noticed VERY FEW college-aged students. I think a combination of the price of the Oasis class ships being higher, it being a longer cruise (7 days vs. a 3-5 day shorter cheaper cruise), and the fact that RCCL is more of a "family" oriented cruise line, will keep the number of College Breakers down on our sailing. That said, there will likely be 1,500 school aged children on our sailing, but we did not find this an issue at all on the Oasis 2 years ago.

The craziest March trip we ever took was on the NCL Spirit on an 8 day cruise out of NYC. I think EVERY college student in NY simply took the subway to the pier and was on that cruise. It was NUTS:eek:

I'll be on the Allure with you and March and I'll have my Buckeye with me . OSU is one of the schools on Spring Break that week. You'll find her all week on the Flowrider.

OH....

College Spring Breakers will mostly not go on a RC cruise..

Not true. There are LOTS of college kids on board. We've sailed over spring break twice in recent years. The first time we were too stupid to check the dates, and the second time the price was so low we decided to give it another try.

There are 20 somethings everywhere. RCCL security does a great job letting these kids have a good time and knowing when to step in before something gets out of control. We are early risers so for us it was any pool chair till the kid get up - maybe 1PM.

M

Spring break cruises are no different than any cruise, in reality. The ships sail full every time, so there are no more people onboard...there will be kids on EVERY cruise.

Now, a 3-4 nighter will always be more of a "party" cruise than a week long one....doesn't matter what time of year, and that will be true.

I'll be on the Allure with you and March and I'll have my Buckeye with me . OSU is one of the schools on Spring Break that week. You'll find her all week on the Flowrider.

I am sure I will be chatting with your daughter lots over the course of the week then since I pretty well live for flowboarding the entire trip (if my wife and kids let me). I will be the one usually dressed in black and yellow with a beautiful psychedelic coloured Ash flowboard with a dinosaur on it (assuming RCCL lets me use my own board).

See you in 99 days:D

I am sure I will be chatting with your daughter lots over the course of the week then since I pretty well live for flowboarding the entire trip (if my wife and kids let me). I will be the one usually dressed in black and yellow with a beautiful psychedelic coloured Ash flowboard with a dinosaur on it (assuming RCCL lets me use my own board).

See you in 99 days:D

I look forward to seeing you in only 99 days. My DD will be the cute kid :)

American Bear,

I'm curious. How did you find out this information? I work for a company that is sensitive to the start of college semesters, and I would love to be able to put together something similar for the start of various sessions across the US.

Thanks.

I'm thinking 7 day cruises... I would imagine you're right with the shorter trips but even so I've never really notice a huge presence. I guess it depends what itinerary you choose. Nothing wrong with a few rowdy college kids to get things going.

American Bear,

I'm curious. How did you find out this information? I work for a company that is sensitive to the start of college semesters, and I would love to be able to put together something similar for the start of various sessions across the US.

Thanks.

Here is one site, but there are lots of other if you google "spring break 2015"

http://www.ststravel.com/college-spring-break-dates

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app