Muster Drill

GingerCandy

It seems to vary .... I remember reading here on CC that on one at least one ship, life jackets did not have to be taken to Muster Drill. Might have been to Royal or the Regal.

I have never been on a Princess cruise where it was not required ..... yet.

Was on the Grand in September and we did not need to take our life jackets.

Thanks for posting this. Gives me hopes we may not have to take our life jackets with us to Muster Drill on our upcoming on Ruby in January like we have always had to do on other Princess cruises.

LuLu

I was also on the grand in September and told not to bring it........still had the muster drill, just didn't bring the vest.

I think this was discussed a few months ago. I remember someone saying Princess was trying out a new program. Only those that were Elite and I think Platinum did not have to carry them but anyone with a blue card was required to bring them. We were also on the Grand in October and did not have to bring the vest to muster.

I think this was discussed a few months ago. I remember someone saying Princess was trying out a new program. Only those that were Elite and I think Platinum did not have to carry them but anyone with a blue card was required to bring them. We were also on the Grand in October and did not have to bring the vest to muster.

You forgot about Commodores who earned their Elite before sailing?

On Ruby Princess last month everyone was required to bring their life jackets.

(Interesting aside: I heard the muster leader mention that the 700 pax on the second leg of a B2B were not required to attend the drill)

But I have never seen any passenger carrying a life preserver, nor seen its use demonstrated at the drill. Now you have me wondering if aside from the number of those orange rings hanging outside on the open decks, is there a life preserver for everyone onboard :confused:

Edited by fishywood

It is always pretty amusing to watch some (I assume) newbies at muster with their life jackets-- blowing the whistle.:eek:

Ew.

So THAT was how the Norovirus kept coming back! Nobody thought to sterilize the life jacket whistles. ;)

Edited by Rumline