Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Actually, it is a business plan to more closely align the dining experience to the desires of the new cruising public which does not care for spending two to three hours having dinner with a group of people they've never met before while establishing a relationship with their waiter.

You don't speak for the cruising public! In any case the cruising public can choose My Time Dining currently which means not having the same group of people or waiter. The original Dynamic Dining which failed forced all passengers to My Time Dining under another name. The new Dynamic Dining proposed if it ever comes into being simply renames the the current dining and adds rotating passengers thru dining room if they choose the classic option.

Mine will be exploding with excitement - particularly if they introduce it in time for our cruises on Allure and Oasis later this year :D Can't wait to try it - and felt cheated that they gave us the 'taste of' menu on Anthem earlier this month and not the proper DD menu.

I'll be on Allure in a couple of weeks and intend to seek out the F & B Manager and ask if they have a date for its implementation

I am sure they will tell you.....not. Because they won't know. Ask the manager what happened to the person behind the original Dynamic Dining. Fired! That the manager will know about.

Love the Dynamic Dining Concept.

Finally, I mean finally no more formal nights thats just beyond a pain in my bottom.

I only wanted to seat with people who I want to seat with. For that when we sail celebrity we had to get Aqua class(Praise the lord for smart causal at blu).

Face it guys, we are know its going to happen sonner or later. Because as the 18-45 market become increasingly more important when the capacity contiune to expand.

The only thing made me consider taking Oasis or Allure was the possiblity of Dynamic Dining. I waited long enough, if its not happening, then I will just go with NCL

No one is forcing you to dress formally. If you read these boards, it's quite the opposite. People report of wearing "nice" jeans and are not kicked out of the MDR.

I am sure they will tell you.....not. Because they won't know. Ask the manager what happened to the person behind the original Dynamic Dining. Fired! That the manager will know about.

I always thought that the two people most responsible for DD were Adam Goldstein President and Lisa Lutoff-Perlo EVP operations. They were both recently promoted not fired.

You don't speak for the cruising public! In any case the cruising public can choose My Time Dining currently which means not having the same group of people or waiter. The original Dynamic Dining which failed forced all passengers to My Time Dining under another name. The new Dynamic Dining proposed if it ever comes into being simply renames the the current dining and adds rotating passengers thru dining room if they choose the classic option.

There is much more to Dynamic Dining than "forcing all passengers to My Time Dining". That objective could have been achieved at far less cost and turmoil. I suggest we wait and see what happens next.

The new Dynamic Dining proposed if it ever comes into being simply renames the the current dining and adds rotating passengers thru dining room if they choose the classic option.

Ask the manager what happened to the person behind the original Dynamic Dining. Fired! That the manager will know about.

Oh dear, you really don't understand do you :rolleyes:

Please report back. We're on Oasis in November and Allure in March. Looks as if we'll have DD on Allure for sure. Oasis???? Please ask about Oasis too.

What makes you think Allure will definitely have it, but not Oasis? The exact same changes to the dining rooms occurred on both ships. I assume that they will implement DD on both Oasis class ships at the same time... JMO.

What makes you think Allure will definitely have it, but not Oasis? The exact same changes to the dining rooms occurred on both ships. I assume that they will implement DD on both Oasis class ships at the same time... JMO.

I think Rocketman was merely saying that if it is to be introduced 'later this year' it may not be on Oasis in November but should be on Allure in March.

I will certainly report back - if I can get an answer. I am also on Oasis in November so interested to know about that too.

Oh dear, you really don't understand do you :rolleyes:

Or maybe it is you who does not understand! I was on Oasis a week ago and there was no Dynamic Dining. The announced Dynamic Dining that was supposed to be on my sailing had been dropped. No passenger or crew that I talked to said they wanted Dynamic Dining or were upset about that.

Edited by Charles4515

I think Rocketman was merely saying that if it is to be introduced 'later this year' it may not be on Oasis in November but should be on Allure in March.

I will certainly report back - if I can get an answer. I am also on Oasis in November so interested to know about that too.

Oh okay, thanks for explaining.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

If Royal Caribbean introduces Dynamic Dining again on Allure or Oasis they will announce the dates. The F and B manager can't give you an answer until corporate Royal Caribbean announces that decision.

Exactly what I meant.

I don't think any one who hasn't tried it should commit on it. We liked it. Note

I have been on the Oasis, Allure and Quantum.

The only problem I see is they don't hire enough people to work in the dining rooms. Those people would be running their butts off .And it took too long between each course of the meal. It wasn't the servers fault because believe me they had no time to chit chat with any one.

Every business needs changes or they will lose out in the end. I know the older we get the more we don't like it. You might be shocked to find out it

is a good idea.

I don't think any one who hasn't tried it should commit on it. We liked it. Note

The only problem I see is they don't hire enough people to work in the dining rooms. Those people would be running their butts off .And it took too long between each course of the meal. It wasn't the servers fault because believe me they had no time to chit chat with any one.

Every business needs changes or they will lose out in the end. I know the older we get the more we don't like it. You might be shocked to find out it

is a good idea.

We have also been on Oasis and Allure, multiple times, and Quantum, once. That in and of itself does not make me an expert on Dynamic or traditional dining, however. We have all read the good, the bad, and the ugly reviews about Dynamic Dining. And we are all entitiled to our opinions on the subject, regardless. :)

is a good idea.

I disagree that one has to have tried DD to be able to comment on it. For example, I do not have to try a dish made with liver to know I will not like it.

BTW, love your screen name. Did you work on rockets?

According to the reports, you're correct in that one of the problems was related to the lack of sufficient staff. Also, according to those reports, the reduction in staff was to be offset by the use of an automated ordering and tracking system using IPads. The software was not up to the task which overloaded the wait staff. Several posters said they saw numerous software geeks working to fix the problem on the TA.

That would not be surprising. I've worked many years in project management. Often the software takes the longest. Often, management will attempt to maintain schedule and deploy hardware even if the software is buggy. Always leads to failure. One rule of project management is that the schedule has to be event driven and not driven by the calendar. If the software passes it's tests showing that it is ready, that's event driven. A program is schedule driven when management assumes that since the schedule says the software should be ready, it is ready.

Personally, I think DD will be rolled to Oasis class when Allure returns from Europe. Allure departs Barcelona for FLL on 25 Oct which sounds about right. If it takes longer than that, then there won't be a Dynamic Dining.

Edited by RocketMan275

Hi Folks, new to this party, please save me a bunch of time---- I'm on the Allure on Oct 25th out of Barcelona----- will I have DD or not?

The only time I've seen any type of a time line for Oasis/Allure, it was stated that DD would be rolled out to those ships Quote (later this year) Un Quote. Is Oct 'late enough' this year to qualify? No one knows and no one knows whether RCI has changed it's mind and whether 'later this year' still refers to 2015.

Just tried to book December 6th Allure and advised by travel agent that only 8.30 dining available, we have never had traditional always Mytime or simular on other cruiselines, there are so many cabins available on the ship I am surprised they could not accomodate this, considering not placing my deposit as really want flexibility. Does this issue with DD impact on this? Have they therefore removed Mytime?

Just tried to book December 6th Allure and advised by travel agent that only 8.30 dining available, we have never had traditional always Mytime or simular on other cruiselines, there are so many cabins available on the ship I am surprised they could not accomodate this, considering not placing my deposit as really want flexibility. Does this issue with DD impact on this? Have they therefore removed Mytime?

My Time might be full at the moment. Ask to get on the wait list for My Time.

I disagree that one has to have tried DD to be able to comment on it. For example, I do not have to try a dish made with liver to know I will not like it.

BTW, love your screen name. Did you work on rockets?

According to the reports, you're correct in that one of the problems was related to the lack of sufficient staff. Also, according to those reports, the reduction in staff was to be offset by the use of an automated ordering and tracking system using IPads. The software was not up to the task which overloaded the wait staff. Several posters said they saw numerous software geeks working to fix the problem on the TA.

That would not be surprising. I've worked many years in project management. Often the software takes the longest. Often, management will attempt to maintain schedule and deploy hardware even if the software is buggy. Always leads to failure. One rule of project management is that the schedule has to be event driven and not driven by the calendar. If the software passes it's tests showing that it is ready, that's event driven. A program is schedule driven when management assumes that since the schedule says the software should be ready, it is ready.

Personally, I think DD will be rolled to Oasis class when Allure returns from Europe. Allure departs Barcelona for FLL on 25 Oct which sounds about right. If it takes longer than that, then there won't be a Dynamic Dining.

The CEO of RCCL, Richard Fain, sailed on Quantum early in January. One thing that he did was to have 40 extra assistant waiters brought on board in San Juan.