Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Sorry, I meant DD Classic for both reservations. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my use of the wrong term. There've been so many changes and uncertainty lately that I mixed-up the names.

I, for one, see no need for an apology. If I went around apologizing for all the simple errors I made, I would be apologizing years from now.

Sorry, I meant DD Classic for both reservations. Thanks for correcting my mistake. The person on the phone gave me only the 2 choices for my Harmony OTS booking - Dynamic Dining Choice or Dynamic Dining Classic.

When my SIL called to place her share of the deposit for our Harmony reservation, she asked about our Oasis dining selection. It was listed as "MTD" on my last invoice. I'm not sure how the question was posed, but the results were that we are now listed for DD Classic on both ships.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my use of the wrong term. There've been so many changes and uncertainty lately that I mixed-up the names.

I'm considering a cruise on Harmony next year and saw the new options for dining (been sailing X more lately ;)). So presumably, DD Classic is a set time and Choice is you pick the time? Do you have to keep to the same restaurant if you choose Classic? Also, do you have to prepay the grats with Choice (only ask as we usually use our OBC for the grats :))? Feel like I've been away from the Royal board for years - so many changes :eek:. Thanks :).

I'm considering a cruise on Harmony next year and saw the new options for dining (been sailing X more lately ;)). So presumably, DD Classic is a set time and Choice is you pick the time? Do you have to keep to the same restaurant if you choose Classic? Also, do you have to prepay the grats with Choice (only ask as we usually use our OBC for the grats :))? Feel like I've been away from the Royal board for years - so many changes :eek:. Thanks :).

With DD Classic you rotate through the restaurants at a set time each night.

I booked Harmony for April 2017 today via Royal's Website and picked Choice and didn't have to prepay the tips, it was just an option.

If you go to the RCI website and initiate a mock booking, once you get to the screen where you enter your information on who is cruising (after stateroom selection), you'll see this:

Dynamic Dining Classic is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining style. Classic accommodates diners in a choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset lineup of our complimentary main restaurants. You get the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic has limited availability.

Enjoy reserved seating at a set time each day.

6:00 p.m. 8:30 p.m.

Dynamic Dining Choice gives you the freedom to follow your appetite as you pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Distinctive venues feature menus that change throughout the cruise, with guest favorites and new specialty dishes to ensure everyone at the table will find their own satisfying path. Whether you sample a different experience each night or even return to the same restaurant again and again, you'll find new and tantalizing selections to indulge in every time.

With Classic RCI will assign you to one of the complimentary dining venues for the first night. Then, on each succeeding night you will rotate into a different dining venue keeping the same table mates and the same dining staff and the same dining time. You do not have a choice which restaurant you will dine in on any given night.

With Choice, you get to choose which venue you dine at each night and the time you dine.

BTW, each dining venue has a unique menu which only changes once on each seven day cruise.

Go to the dining page on RCI for a more complete description.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Be advised that not all ships have all the dynamic dining venues. BTW, you can see sample menus at that page too.

If you go to the RCI website and initiate a mock booking, once you get to the screen where you enter your information on who is cruising (after stateroom selection), you'll see this:

Dynamic Dining Classic is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining style. Classic accommodates diners in a choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset lineup of our complimentary main restaurants. You get the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic has limited availability.

Dynamic Dining Choice gives you the freedom to follow your appetite as you pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Distinctive venues feature menus that change throughout the cruise, with guest favorites and new specialty dishes to ensure everyone at the table will find their own satisfying path. Whether you sample a different experience each night or even return to the same restaurant again and again, you'll find new and tantalizing selections to indulge in every time.

With Classic RCI will assign you to one of the complimentary dining venues for the first night. Then, on each succeeding night you will rotate into a different dining venue keeping the same table mates and the same dining staff and the same dining time. You do not have a choice which restaurant you will dine in on any given night.

With Choice, you get to choose which venue you dine at each night and the time you dine.

BTW, each dining venue has a unique menu which only changes once on each seven day cruise.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Be advised that not all ships have all the dynamic dining venues. BTW, you can see sample menus at that page too.

Thank you so much for posting this :). I was starting to get confused with all the rotating :D :p. It appears that Choice will suit us better (unsure if it will cater to our family group of 7 :confused:), but I'll check out the link. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for posting this :). I was starting to get confused with all the rotating :D :p. It appears that Choice will suit us better (unsure if it will cater to our family group of 7 :confused:), but I'll check out the link. Thanks again.

One last point. One of the complaints about Dynamic Dining is the fact that you have to make choices. Some with large family groups have indicted that it is nearly impossible to get their group to agree on which dining venue to eat at. These have stated a preference for something more structured with fewer choices such as Classic. Don't know if that might be an issue with your group or not.

One last point. One of the complaints about Dynamic Dining is the fact that you have to make choices. Some with large family groups have indicted that it is nearly impossible to get their group to agree on which dining venue to eat at. These have stated a preference for something more structured with fewer choices such as Classic. Don't know if that might be an issue with your group or not.

It won't be an issue as I'll be telling them where they're eating each evening (3 are teens :D)!

Thanks again :).

This has been the most informative post yet. It put all the bits and pieces together for me, so I know which choice we would prefer. Many thanks. :)

It won't be an issue as I'll be telling them where they're eating each evening (3 are teens :D)!

Thanks again :).

That works. I've suggested something similar in the past. I call it a "Dining Dictator'. Enjoy your cruise and I'm glad I was able to help.

if you have rotating and your nite is in Silk, everybody must want asain food because that is all that will be available.

if you have rotating and your nite is in Silk, everybody must want asain food because that is all that will be available.

The "Classics" menu will also be available..

I am PRESUMING that becuase there is one less restraunt on the Oasis Class Ships than the Quantum Class (Chic), that the menu will be significantly larger, as for those only using the complementary restraunts, they are more than likely to hit two of the restraunts 3 times during a 7 night sailing (unless RCI has more surprises up their sleaves)

alternatively, if you can't get them to agree, do what you like and meet up with them later !!

I was really sceptical about the dynamic classic. but it worked very well indeed !!

We sailed anthem on the 22nd of may :)

I was really sceptical about the dynamic classic. but it worked very well indeed !!

We sailed anthem on the 22nd of may :)

When did you find out what your restaurant rotation would be?

We also just booked Harmony for 2017 (I haven't had a chance to add it to my signature!) and selected DD Classic. I like this option as our very first cruise was with Disney who already does something similar- a different restaurant each evening AND your staff moves with you. We enjoyed going to different places each evening and each restaurant also was themed, but none of us had any issues with finding something to eat. That was way back in 2006.

We like having a set time for dinner each night, and my parents will also be joining us. They have cruised many times, mainly on HAL (this will be their 2nd Royal with us) and this will be more like what they are used to.

We also just booked Harmony for 2017 (I haven't had a chance to add it to my signature!) and selected DD Classic. I like this option as our very first cruise was with Disney who already does something similar- a different restaurant each evening AND your staff moves with you. We enjoyed going to different places each evening and each restaurant also was themed, but none of us had any issues with finding something to eat. That was way back in 2006.

We like having a set time for dinner each night, and my parents will also be joining us. They have cruised many times, mainly on HAL (this will be their 2nd Royal with us) and this will be more like what they are used to.

Were you able to pick early or late seating on DD Classic?