Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

I must be missing something. On Allure, they only added two restaurants, one being for suite guests only.

That being said, how would DD even work on ships that don't have the restaurants that Quantum and Anthem has?

On Allure and Oasis, they split up the dining room into 3 restaurants. Coastal Kitchen was added up in Viking Crown for suite guests.

So for Oasis and Allure, there would be 3 "free" restaurants to choose from if they go to Dynamic Dining.

I tried to read the link, but could not find where it says that ALL ships will have DD next year. And I read the bottom of the guide that said "Coming late 2015/2016..." but couldn't see the corresponding reference to the specific ship.

Sorry. One has to be very careful with language when discussing DD. I should have stated on 'all planned ships' , meaning Quantum and Oasis Class ships.

You have to go forward for some reason as I can not link directly to pages 6 and 7 where they detail all the venues.

They also show a new venue, Kung Fu Panda Noodle shop and reveal that they do not plan to have the Chef's Table on Oasis and Harmony, but should keep it for now on Allure.

Edited by MADflyer

I must be missing something. On Allure, they only added two restaurants, one being for suite guests only.

That being said, how would DD even work on ships that don't have the restaurants that Quantum and Anthem has?

On Oasis class ships, the existing three tier MDR was split into three different restaurants. The same amount of seating is avail on Oasis class ships before and after DD implementation. IOW, Quantum class does have more restaurant but the restaurants on Oasis are bigger.

Sorry. One has to be very careful with language when discussing DD. I should have stated on 'all planned ships' , meaning Quantum and Oasis Class ships.

You have to go forward for some reason as I can not link directly to pages 6 and 7 where they detail all the venues.

They also show a new venue, Kung Fu Panda Noodle shop and reveal that they do not plan to have the Chef's Table on Oasis and Harmony, but should keep it for now on Allure.

Thank you for clarifying -- I didn't want to assume the wrong thing. :) That was my understanding, as well, but you never know what's next with these changes.

So it sounds like RCI will introduce DD on Oasis class ships by the end of 2016. We sail on OA on 11-27-2016 and in 2-26-2017 so it looks like we will have DD -- I'm going to stay on top of it as we want the Classic Option.

If you do a mock booking on Harmony, you'll find your dining choices are

- Dynamic Dining Choice

- Dynamic Dining Classic

That's a really stupid naming system. Firstly, way too close, some will chose the wrong one instead of the one they really wanted. Plus, by tagging traditional dining with the DD name, some of the folks who really hate the Dynamic Dining concept will think that traditional is not available, might cancel cruises, tie up customer service with inquiries, etc.

Should have been called Dynamic Dining, and Classic Dining.

What makes you think "by the end of 2016"?
Mad Flyer's posts 1224 and 1228. But we know it can slip. I would rather than dining stayed the same with Traditional and MTD but I think the Classic will work for us and the couple we usually cruise with as we will have the same waiter as we have some special diets.

That's a really stupid naming system. Firstly, way too close, some will chose the wrong one instead of the one they really wanted. Plus, by tagging traditional dining with the DD name, some of the folks who really hate the Dynamic Dining concept will think that traditional is not available, might cancel cruises, tie up customer service with inquiries, etc.

I think they started with your suggestions but I guess it evolved.

I hope that the two dining styles will be clear to folks -- supposedly only 20% of the tables will be for Classic.

Edited by SherriZ366

It gives very detailed descriptions when you are asked to choose.

*Dynamic Dining Classic is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining style. Classic accommodates diners in a choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset lineup of our complimentary main restaurants. You get the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic has limited availability.

Enjoy reserved seating at a set time each day.

*6:00 p.m.**8:30 p.m.

*Dynamic Dining Choice gives you the freedom to follow your appetite as you pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Distinctive venues feature menus that change throughout the cruise, with guest favorites and new specialty dishes to ensure everyone at the table will find their own satisfying path. Whether you sample a different experience each night or even return to the same restaurant again and again, you'll find new and tantalizing selections to indulge in every time.

*Dynamic Dining Choice

It gives very detailed descriptions when you are asked to choose.

*Dynamic Dining Classic is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining style. Classic accommodates diners in a choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset lineup of our complimentary main restaurants. You get the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic has limited availability.

Enjoy reserved seating at a set time each day.

*6:00 p.m.**8:30 p.m.

*Dynamic Dining Choice gives you the freedom to follow your appetite as you pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Distinctive venues feature menus that change throughout the cruise, with guest favorites and new specialty dishes to ensure everyone at the table will find their own satisfying path. Whether you sample a different experience each night or even return to the same restaurant again and again, you'll find new and tantalizing selections to indulge in every time.

*Dynamic Dining Choice

Good explanations.

Mad Flyer's posts 1224 and 1228. But we know it can slip. I would rather than dining stayed the same with Traditional and MTD but I think the Classic will work for us and the couple we usually cruise with as we will have the same waiter as we have some special diets.

Unless I'm missing something, it says "coming in Late 2015/2016 depending on ship". To me, it still sounds like Oasis and Allure will have it by late 2015.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Unless I'm missing something, it says "coming in Late 2015/2016 depending on ship". To me, it still sounds like Oasis and Allure will have it by late 2015.
Will have to keep an eye on it -- I think they are giving themselves a hefty time period in case they still have problems to correct. I will be watching DD and Classic on AN pretty closely.

If they called it Classic Dining, people would have been unhappy when they found out that it wasn't the same as normal and that they had to go to different restaurants each night. They should have called it something like Rotational Dining, but I rather than they wanted to keep the Dynamic Dining name. If they are clueless enough to not understand what they are, even after reading the website, their travel agent or RCCL rep can explain it.

Good explanations.

I would hope so, since RCCL wrote it.

Perhaps. I wouldn't attempt to placate those who hate Dynamic Dining. There really isn't any way you can please those who despise Dynamic Dining short of a return to traditional dining. Naming it Dynamic Dining Classic reflects the fact that it is a modified form of Dynamic Dining.

Hi all.....I need some clarification.

We are going to be on the Oasis in a few weeks and have late dining, we are a party of 2, but requested a large table.

Do we get to choose which dining room we want to eat in?

Will we be with the same tablemates and wait staff each night?

Thanks!

We are going to be on the Oasis in a few weeks and have late dining, we are a party of 2, but requested a large table.

Thanks!

You will have the same tablemates and dining staff each night. Your table (and dining room) will be assigned by the dining staff, and be printed on your SeaPass card.

Thanks!

i was on Oasis twice 2 and 3 weeks ago. late seating traditional. we were in silk (deck 5) both times. deck 3 (american icon) was MTD and deck 4, i don't remember what it was.

Thanks!

Does the dining room not have the grand feeling anymore? One thing I love about RCCL is the dining room!

Does Silk have an Asian theme?

I thought the dining rooms were still open to the center.

Thanks!

Does the dining room not have the grand feeling anymore? One thing I love about RCCL is the dining room!

Does Silk have an Asian theme?

Silk on Oasis has the same décor to some extent as the Silk they have installed on the Quantum class.

I was on the Oasis TA one week after the refit and then went on over for the Quantum TA the next week and actually found I liked the dining venues as they were done on the Oasis even more than I liked the complementary venues on the Quantum.

They did take away the large chandelier that did bring the 3 dining floors together as one, but otherwise there were no 'physical' changes to the facility, just 3 very well decorated floors with a unique style.

Silk did have curtains installed and tables could be separated or open depending on the guests preferences on Oasis. It was a beautiful well done concept and very appropriate for a cruise ship.

If they called it Classic Dining, people would have been unhappy when they found out that it wasn't the same as normal and that they had to go to different restaurants each night. They should have called it something like Rotational Dining, but I rather than they wanted to keep the Dynamic Dining name. If they are clueless enough to not understand what they are, even after reading the website, their travel agent or RCCL rep can explain it.

I would hope so, since RCCL wrote it.

I read Disney?? already has the name Rotational Dining and they couldn't use it?

We are set for Classical early #1 dining, next year.

See how it works but being food sensitive and on a GF it isn't going to go as smoothly I bet as the MDR has for all these years we have done it.

Perhaps the same waiter will be able to manage the GF diet as there is some continuity there. You order the day ahead from the menu so it is prepared GF, so moving to a different restaurant will be a challenge. They will have to have all menus available at each dining room.

The three decks are still open. On the Allure they´ve changed the chandelier.

The decoration is similar to the Quantum class ships but a bit less. As for Silk there are those big chairs for the larger tables. There are only a few tables with a Lazy Suzan. Only on the back walls there are some decorative element. The rest are curtains which were mainly open on our cruise.

steamboats

The three decks are still open. On the Allure they´ve changed the chandelier.

The decoration is similar to the Quantum class ships but a bit less. As for Silk there are those big chairs for the larger tables. There are only a few tables with a Lazy Suzan. Only on the back walls there are some decorative element. The rest are curtains which were mainly open on our cruise.

steamboats

the second week we had a lazy susan table. it was way too big and those big chairs were horrible. too heavy to move to get in and out.