Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Well it looks like no dynamic dining on Oasis class, including Harmony.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/15045183_OA_Class_Dining_Update_FAQ.pdf

(Hopefully this link is allowed).

I would have been ok either way (since we're on MTD anyways) but am glad that Royal made a decision, one way or another.

How about Anthem out of Bayonne. Could you drive?

We were booked on her for this Christmas but cancelled. Doing their crappy 8 day itinerary sailing from a cold weather port and paying the exorbitant price just didn't make sense.

Hoping for a last minute deal (not holding my breath) for something over the holidays.

We were booked on her for this Christmas but cancelled. Doing their crappy 8 day itinerary sailing from a cold weather port and paying the exorbitant price just didn't make sense.

Hoping for a last minute deal (not holding my breath) for something over the holidays.

The cold weather port is a killer for us too. I don't think I'd do it even if I lived locally.

We just booked Anthem for next summer. I almost didn't book it because of DD. When I heard we could get Classic dining I gave in and booked.

We usually go to Disney World for vacation. There I have to book my restaurants six months ahead of time, and rides ahead of time too. I'm tired of planning. I just wanted to tell my kids "we have to be at dinner at six." No worry ahead of time. No trying to remember times or notify the family of when dinner is each night.

I also enjoy eating at a large table and meeting new passengers. Plus as a bonus, it is always good to reinforce proper dining skills with the tweens.

Well it looks like no dynamic dining on Oasis class, including Harmony.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/15045183_OA_Class_Dining_Update_FAQ.pdf

(Hopefully this link is allowed).

I suspected that common sense would win out and Dynamic Dining would not be done on Oasis and Allure. Good for Royal Caribbean that they didn't go ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I called my TA and had him put up down for early seating. We we booked the only option given was MTD but now with the change we'll go with the early seating. Personally I'm happy with the traditional seating....one less thing to figure out and plan.

Sad to see the concept canned. Really enjoyed it on Quantum and had little difficulty either walking up or booking earlier in the day. Sure a few times and restaurants were not available but we just walked to another and got almost straight in.

Oh well have no problem enjoying traditional either.

Sad to see the concept canned. Really enjoyed it on Quantum and had little difficulty either walking up or booking earlier in the day. Sure a few times and restaurants were not available but we just walked to another and got almost straight in.

Oh well have no problem enjoying traditional either.

Yep also a fan and even though I want to book other class ships and love oasis class I would consider a quantum DD ship first I pricing was close too

There is now a special promotion for Anthem over Christmas. Book an OV and get a balcony cabin. Apparently, a lot of people felt the same as you -- why book a cruise leaving from a cold weather port and have several days of cold weather?

I'm not too surprised at this decision -- the longer they were putting off implementing DD on Oasis Class, the less likely it seemed it would happen at all. I'm glad to see they realized the difficulties they were going to have, and decided to scrap the whole thing. Now to check our existing reservations. :)

Yes, Back in Oct of 2014 when the Q first came in. I hated it! I don't want to have to make Rez for dinner. As long as they have Early & Late seating people will be happy. RCCL wanted to turn the tables 3 times rather that twice and have less staff to cut labor cost. It backfired on them. They had to add more staff. The old school past clients would have left to other cruise lines.

RCCL wants people to get in the frame of mind to pay extra for meals on make more money.

Yes, Back in Oct of 2014 when the Q first came in. I hated it! I don't want to have to make Rez for dinner. As long as they have Early & Late seating people will be happy. RCCL wanted to turn the tables 3 times rather that twice and have less staff to cut labor cost. It backfired on them. They had to add more staff. The old school past clients would have left to other cruise lines.

RCCL wants people to get in the frame of mind to pay extra for meals on make more money.

I don't doubt that they had to add wait staff but after doing that DD worked very well for us. No bookings just rock up when it took our fancy and go elsewhere if that place was full.

It certainly also did not put me in the frame of mind of paying extra for meals as we spent 39 days on board without spending a cent at upcharge restaurants.

Glad that it is staying on Quantum class as it gives everyone an option and despite what some think it is quite popular with many people.

Also OK that they have listened to others and changed their mind on other classes of ship.

I enjoy both styles.

Very disappointed to hear this! I have been on oasis class 3 times and have 2 more booked. I find that I am just sick of the menu now. I was looking forward to Dynamic Dining because it was rejuvenated. Hopefully they make changes to the MDR menu. The quality is great but I want some new choices now.