Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

I think the one thing that RCCL can't grasp is that many people go on a cruise because they don't have to make Reservations. They don't have to think about where are we going to eat tonight. If that's the case they would Book a Land Vacation. It's great that they are now offering Specials. But the verity of food items was now the problem. On a cruise a lot like to meet different people and not have to make Reservations. New cruisers don't know any different. But those who know see nothing wrong with the old MDR. Just change up the selection on the Menu.

Have only tried traditional dining so far (My Time and Dynamic Dining didn't exist for my past cruises). But I'm amazed at all the fuss. Isn't Dynamic Dining basically the same as My Time Dining, except that you also pick the actual restaurant (and menu is static at each restaurant)?

My reservation for Allure 3/16 shows my time dining no wait lists

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Allure for 10/15 also still shows my time dining, no wait lists. I was not given an option for traditional when I booked. I was told Allure would be switching to DD. :confused:

I'm not sure why DD is such a hard thing for people to grasp. It is similar to the way most fine restaurants operate. Make a reservation. Simple. No reservation is fine if you want to wait in line.

What´s your Point? Just because that´s the way it works ashore does not mean I have to like it that way.

I´m not sure why it is such a hard Thing for you to grasp that some People cruise to do things differently than ashore and to get away from things being done ashore.

Have only tried traditional dining so far (My Time and Dynamic Dining didn't exist for my past cruises). But I'm amazed at all the fuss. Isn't Dynamic Dining basically the same as My Time Dining, except that you also pick the actual restaurant (and menu is static at each restaurant)?

Yes, But you don't have a choice of a MRD option if you want it.

My Allure for 10/15 also still shows my time dining, no wait lists. I was not given an option for traditional when I booked. I was told Allure would be switching to DD. :confused:

When I just booked Allure when I was on quantum last week, they told me they were not sure what the future held lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is interesting that they are postponing DD. I guess they have some more kinks to work out.

I know they removed the Concierge lounge (which used to be open to D+ guests) on the Oasis and made Wonderland and a Concierge Lounge for only suite guests.

I wonder if during the Allure rufurb (before it starts Mediterranean route), will they remove the current Concierge Lounge which used to be open to D+ and above, as well as suite guests?

On the Oasis they created a new Diamond Lounge on deck 4, will they build that on the Allure?

I will finally be D+ while on the Allure this summer and was looking forward to that glassed Concierge lounge (deck 11 and 12) as it is down the hall from our cabin.

It would be interesting to know if the postponement of DD will affect the changes to be done to the Allure.

I was told also today they know nothing. It is pp. And when they roll it out they will know at least 3 months on advance . And my ta will be informed. But i will just keep up with them to make sure if there are changes v i know well in advance to plan and book what we need. And get our one server put on my sons papers. But until then dont worry. And u should have 3 months to book all your reservation before you get on . I may not like it for my sons sake but at least we should have 3 months to prepare.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

what´s your point? Just because that´s the way it works ashore does not mean i have to like it that way.

i´m not sure why it is such a hard thing for you to grasp that some people cruise to do things differently than ashore and to get away from things being done ashore.

Bingo!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I know they removed the Concierge lounge (which used to be open to D+ guests) on the Oasis and made Wonderland and a Concierge Lounge for only suite guests
. Not so fast there. The latest is that Wonderland is scrapped the old Concierge Lounge is now the Diamond Lounge.

On the Oasis they created a new Diamond Lounge on deck 4, will they build that on the Allure?
Nope - they did - and now they are converting that back to dining room space. The DL is back on Decks 11 and 12. The CL is up on 17 with Coastal Kitchen.

I will finally be D+ while on the Allure this summer and was looking forward to that glassed Concierge lounge (deck 11 and 12) as it is down the hall from our cabin.
You will probably get your wish the way things are going.

We wanted DD but will be fine with Traditional especially since we know we will be eating at Sabor and Coastal Kitchen at least a few times.

It's not that people can't grasp it...they understand it, but don't like the idea because they like the MDR experience.

MDR experience will eventually be gone.the newer generation of cruisers don't care for it, they don't care to know their waiters names, they don't want to sit with strangers and they want lots of choices.

Dynamic dining isn't out, royal wants to capture Norwegians passengers, even carnival is Getting into the multi restaurant game.

Edited by SaintL

WOW- that is good news for us! We purposely booked our cabin so we could access that lounge which was down the hall and had that awesome view.

Is the CL that is up on deck 17 only for suite guests and pinnacle members?

I wonder what they have done with the old Diamond Lounge that overlooked the promenade?

. Not so fast there. The latest is that Wonderland is scrapped the old Concierge Lounge is now the Diamond Lounge.

Nope - they did - and now they are converting that back to dining room space. The DL is back on Decks 11 and 12. The CL is up on 17 with Coastal Kitchen.

We wanted DD but will be fine with Traditional especially since we know we will be eating at Sabor and Coastal Kitchen at least a few times.

But again they want to have that autism rating. And thstvtype of person needs consistent things. Also to have to deal with that sucks the changeing will be s nightmare. The only thing that went right was the dining. I don't think they r my friend or don't disagree about there notes it just majesvit easier on my family. To have something that us the same. I sn all for dining in different restaurants every night without the autistic person. But they come with and the reason we choose rccl is because they are one ofvthe only with this title. So as long as i get the same server in the same dining room with different menus i don't care what happens around me. I will be scheduling my dinners so we have our schedule. Again that is a thing we must have. So we wat at the same time as to not stir the pot. But its called reservations. And i am fine . Just think of the status they wanted to have. snd now they are not doing what they set out to do. My rant as many say.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Is your auto-correct set to a language other than English? :eek:

For now on Oasis....the former CL on deck 11 is the D/D+ lounge using both deck 11 and deck 12.

The new lounge on deck 17 is for Suite Guests and Pinnacle members.

That could change and may not be what happens for Allure. ;)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

MDR experience will eventually be gone.the newer generation of cruisers don't care for it, they don't care to know their waiters names, they don't want to sit with strangers and they want lots of choices.

Dynamic dining isn't out, royal wants to capture Norwegians passengers, even carnival is Getting into the multi restaurant game.

They all want to sit at tables for two and text each other. Social interaction? :eek:

It's their loss.

Feel free to speak for yourself, but you most certainly can't claim to speak for "an entire generation of cruisers." More than one of that "new generation" on this very thread have spoken in favor of the traditional MDR experience.

Not really. Part of the problem their having is that people are not making reservations and just showing up. MTD you just show up but this isn't what they want people to do with DD, they want you to book your restaurant and time before you even get on the ship.

I myself don't like the idea as its seem to be just to much guessing and planning, first the shows now dinner? I liked it better when cruising was simple I seen no need to add more steps to the planning process but that's just me.

Not really. Part of the problem their having is that people are not making reservations and just showing up. MTD you just show up but this isn't what they want people to do with DD, they want you to book your restaurant and time before you even get on the ship.

I myself don't like the idea as its seem to be just to much guessing and planning, first the shows now dinner? I liked it better when cruising was simple I seen no need to add more steps to the planning process but that's just me.

I haven't read anywhere that there was more pressure to reserve DD than MTD. Have you?

WOW- that is good news for us! We purposely booked our cabin so we could access that lounge which was down the hall and had that awesome view.

Is the CL that is up on deck 17 only for suite guests and pinnacle members?

I wonder what they have done with the old Diamond Lounge that overlooked the promenade?

More cabins

Ah ok...makes sense. I see the difference then and can see why some would be unhappy about DD. I didn't realize that a lot of people just show up with My Time Dining when they wanted to eat (i.e. thought you had to pre-book your time...but with MTD the time is flexible day to day). I'm a planner anyways so whether we have MTD or DD doesn't really matter (although if a choice, I would prefer a different menu each night)

Um, I am 31 and I care for it....when its done right. It has nothing to do with not wanting to know waiters name or sitting with strangers.... I always know my waiters name and mention him by name in reviews and feedback. But I have been paired with awful pairings of couples before. My wife and I are in our young 30's...I dont want to have dinner with 6 other people who could be my great grandparents..nor do we want to sit with a family of 6 with 4 little kids from China who speak no english... and I dont want dinner to take 2+ hours.

We have done MTD and like it..... and now usually go that route. They have screwed it up with enough people and pairings that more people have leaned towards MTD (notice all the additional tables for 2 over the past couple years) which lead to the creation of dynamic....

yeah yeah, we can ask for a new table. The point is, the person who makes the seating arrangements .... they consistently screw it up. I shouldnt have to ask to fix it....

Edited by Deptacon

Feel free to speak for yourself, but you most certainly can't claim to speak for "an entire generation of cruisers." More than one of that "new generation" on this very thread have spoken in favor of the traditional MDR experience.

Plus SaintL can't speak for the RCI/RCCL. Until I see it in writing (and I don't mean on CC) from RCI/RCCL it's nothing but rumors.