Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

Last week on the Oasis I would put the tip down with my card when I ordered a drink from 5 to 8:30. If I happened to not have cash on me I would ask "... and can you please give me a zero receipt so that I can leave you a tip." I never tried the Champagne Bar because it was specified as not accepting the free drink coupons, but in every bar I was served with a smile and never was told "that drink is not covered by your coupon." Drinks were also generous pours.

I even had a female bartender in Bolaros give me a double Baileys, which I picked up after dinner to take to a show when I only had that one drink left on my card. She said "I gave you a double because one shot looked skimpy."

In Chops I did the same as someone said earlier and told the waiter after I finished the glass of wine I brought in with me, "I have free drinks on card, should I walk out to the bar in the park to get another one?" He said "No, not necessary. I will send our bar staff over to take your order and use your coupons."

No complaints here regarding the drink coupons on the cards.

I must be a barbarian. :rolleyes: I make my margaritas with tequila, triple sec and real limes juiced. They can be made without Grand Marnier. They have made these for me in the CL but they substituted the juiced limes for some lime-ish mix.

In February on the Allure I got a glass of wine most nights in the Champagne bar to take into the dining room with me. If there was something written about the Champagne bar not being included, it was not mentioned to me.

So do you have to mention to the bartender that you are using your three free drinks or does he see that when he scans your card?

They're pretty well trained to look at your status when you give them your card but there maybe that one server that doesn't look. It's only happened to me once at the pool bar and the guy 'conveniently' apologized as he handed me the slip and my card. I just signed it and used the vouchers elsewhere.

So do you have to mention to the bartender that you are using your three free drinks or does he see that when he scans your card?

You don't have to say a word. The computer does the work for you automatically.

They're pretty well trained to look at your status when you give them your card but there maybe that one server that doesn't look. It's only happened to me once at the pool bar and the guy 'conveniently' apologized as he handed me the slip and my card. I just signed it and used the vouchers elsewhere.

It is supposed to be automatic. If you are in a suite, you get a card color based on the suite you are in. If you are in a full suite, you get a gold card. That does not mean you are a Pinnacle member.

I was on the Explorer OTS for two weeks in November. All my drinks were free. I never mentioned I was Diamond.

Interesting how different the diamond lounge is from ship to ship.

First diamond cruise was on Allure. Nightly event was held in a large lounge with hors d'oeuvres and any drink you wanted including beer.

Next year on the Explorer event was held in a small lounge with peanuts and only wine was free. DH had to pay for beer.

Never tried to take drinks out of the room because I knew the rules.

Did see people take drinks out of the lounge on Explorer and nothing was said.

Next up is Quantum in March with the new 3 drinks loaded on to sea pass.

Curious to see what happens in the lounge.

We were on the quantum in January and they allowed us to get wine in the dinning room. But each dinning room had their own rules. Some allowed and some did't . The free dinning rooms allowed and the paid did not. We will be on the March cruise also so I guess we will both see.

It is supposed to be automatic. If you are in a suite, you get a card color based on the suite you are in. If you are in a full suite, you get a gold card. That does not mean you are a Pinnacle member.

I was on the Explorer OTS for two weeks in November. All my drinks were free. I never mentioned I was Diamond.

My bad now that you mention it. I don't think it was quite the stroke of cocktail hour so it probably didn't come up. It was probably an after thought that he could have put it on a voucher for me. I told him not to worry about it.

By the way, your status should appear on your sea pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

Are there any free drinks loaded on a diamond minor's seapass card during the cocktail hours, like for free sodas and/or mocktails? Our son is 16 and a diamond member.

No free drinks for minors. Daughter is D+ in her own right and never received any drinks. They have different coupons on their cards. At least when get to D+ can take them to CL for non alcoholic beverage.

No free drinks for minors. Daughter is D+ in her own right and never received any drinks. They have different coupons on their cards. At least when get to D+ can take them to CL for non alcoholic beverage.

On some ships minors are permitted into the Diamond Lounge during the evening cocktail hours. We've experienced this ourselves, and the kids have been able to have appetizers and order sodas.

Are drinks unlimited in the DL and CL between those hours, and are they in addition to the 3 sea pass loaded drinks vouchers? That could be a lot of drinks in a very short time!

Yes, the voucher drinks are in addition to unlimited drinks in the lounges.

On some ships minors are permitted into the Diamond Lounge during the evening cocktail hours. We've experienced this ourselves, and the kids have been able to have appetizers and order sodas.

The question I was answering was do minors have the coupons on their cards and the answer is no. Not as to whether or not they can get a drink in DL.

I am aware that some DL's allow children, however like you say, this is not a fleet wide standard and is also based on how many Diamonds are on board any given sailing. Just because one ship allows it on occasion / sailing it does not mean it is the norm. It would be inaccurate to say someone could take their minor child to DL prior to sailing and then when they get on they find out that is not the policy for their sailing.

The question I was answering was do minors have the coupons on their cards and the answer is no. Not as to whether or not they can get a drink in DL.

I am aware that some DL's allow children, however like you say, this is not a fleet wide standard and is also based on how many Diamonds are on board any given sailing. Just because one ship allows it on occasion / sailing it does not mean it is the norm. It would be inaccurate to say someone could take their minor child to DL prior to sailing and then when they get on they find out that is not the policy for their sailing.

Thank you for answering my question regarding whether minors have free drinks loaded onto their cards.

You commented that, once minors are D+ status, they can get drinks in the CL. I was merely commenting in response that sometimes minors who are Diamond status are permitted in the DL as well during cocktail hours. I did not say that it was policy.

Thank you for answering my question regarding whether minors have free drinks loaded onto their cards.

You commented that, once minors are D+ status, they can get drinks in the CL. I was merely commenting in response that sometimes minors who are Diamond status are permitted in the DL as well during cocktail hours. I did not say that it was policy.

My Diamond children were able to go to the bars and order "mocktails" with their cards. I don't know if the bartenders were just being nice or they were truly loaded on their cards.

My Diamond children were able to go to the bars and order "mocktails" with their cards. I don't know if the bartenders were just being nice or they were truly loaded on their cards.

Thank you for posting your experience. :)

No prob. I didn't want anyone to get the impression it is normal policy that's all. I was just trying to make the point that currently D plus can get into CL with minors as policy, but officially DL is supposed to be adults only in DL during cocktail hour.

Admittedly my DD has always had royal replenish package so can get mocktails/drinks anyway. However we always recieve a list of what is on our cards and a separate note regarding the diamond drinks coupons that has only ever been addressed to myself and DH. You don't mention if your children were with you at the time of ordering or if they had drinks packages. You sound like you had a nice waiter.:D (I assume you checked your room bill;))

No prob. I didn't want anyone to get the impression it is normal policy that's all. I was just trying to make the point that currently D plus can get into CL with minors as policy, but officially DL is supposed to be adults only in DL during cocktail hour.

Admittedly my DD has always had royal replenish package so can get mocktails/drinks anyway. However we always recieve a list of what is on our cards and a separate note regarding the diamond drinks coupons that has only ever been addressed to myself and DH. You don't mention if your children were with you at the time of ordering or if they had drinks packages. You sound like you had a nice waiter.:D (I assume you checked your room bill;))

Definitely checked my room bill [emoji6]. They had the soda package - but not anything more. We were staying in a suite as well, so they had gold cards. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it either? We go on Quantum next month now so Ill have to see if the trend continues or if they say no.

Definitely checked my room bill [emoji6]. They had the soda package - but not anything more. We were staying in a suite as well, so they had gold cards. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it either? We go on Quantum next month now so Ill have to see if the trend continues or if they say no.

Doesn't the soda package give the kids unlimited free drinks?

Doesn't the soda package give the kids unlimited free drinks?

Yes they get free sodas, but they were also able to order things like virgin Piña Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris, juices, etc during the Diamond happy hour.

Edited by jmrothermel

Yes they get free sodas, but they were also able to order things like virgin Piña Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris, juices, etc during the Diamond happy hour.

Take them to Applebee's and they can get the real thing. :rolleyes:

We're those blender drinks? I didn't think your could get those kinds of drinks in the lounges.