Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

Can you use vouchers for non alcohol beer like O Douls,?

Hi Cruisers. We were on Freedom & Indy a few weeks ago and no non alcoholic beer on drink list. At Schooners and only list for NA was sodas and fruit punch.

Also for other question on coupon availability were not honored in Dinning room, specialty rests. Champagne bar, or windjammer. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

Hi Cruisers. We were on Freedom & Indy a few weeks ago and no non alcoholic beer on drink list. At Schooners and only list for NA was sodas and fruit punch.

Also for other question on coupon availability were not honored in Dinning room, specialty rests. Champagne bar, or windjammer. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

Bob and Nancy. Were you on the 1/11 or 1/17 Independence sailings? I think I may have met you.

Anyway they had O'douls in the Diamond Lounge on Independence, weird that they wouldn't offer it as a voucher drink.

The rule is no drink vouchers will be honored in the MDR, windjammer or Specialty Dining. However the Champagne Bar was new to me. I had asked the bar server there why and he didn't seem to know why, he was just following instructions.

Bob and Nancy. Were you on the 1/11 or 1/17 Independence sailings? I think I may have met you.

Anyway they had O'douls in the Diamond Lounge on Independence, weird that they wouldn't offer it as a voucher drink.

The rule is no drink vouchers will be honored in the MDR, windjammer or Specialty Dining. However the Champagne Bar was new to me. I had asked the bar server there why and he didn't seem to know why, he was just following instructions.

Hi We were on the Jan 3rd. sailing. Never checked in lounge as wife preferred using vouchers in other areas. Tryed in show lounge also as wife had wine but only sodas and fruit punch. Bob

I have never seen anything on the paper work I received onboard that stated the Champagne Bar was not included with regards to the vouchers.. it only said the MDR, Windjammer & Specialty restaraunts...

I know for sure that last September on FOS, some friends that we made on board were using their pre-loaded drinks in the Champagne Bar.

So as usual, it seems like there are ship-by-ship inconsistencies.

Has anyone tried the St Martin Cab?

Would you describe it as full bodied, decent or bad?

Thanks!

My husband and I both liked it, would describe it as "decent" and much better than the previous wine they served. It's certainly not a great wine but we were happy with it.

Sherri:)

Just got off a Back to Back on Independence and the Diamond drink vouchers were NOT accepted in the Champagne Bar.

Are you, somehow, informed of that ahead of time or do they tell you after they hand you your drink and you hand them your seapass?

We were on the Jewel last week. The Vortex Nightclub and the Hollywood Odyssey were reserved for Diamonds almost every nights. Bites (hot and cold) were being served.

We also like cocktails and it was sometimes difficult to know which ones are available if the barman simply shows us the list of spirits but we don't know the recipe of the various cocktails. Apparently, Margarita is not included because it contains Tequila and Grand Marnier, the latter one not being included; similar issue with Cosmopolitan. Sometimes the barman can make a simpler lookalike cocktail. With rum, you can have Rum Punch.

In order to avoid that confusion, we think that it would be simpler for us and easier to manage for the barmen to go by the price and to simply say that all the cocktails below a certain price ($10.00?) are included. The same could be done for beers (less that $6.50) and wines by the glass (less than $9.50).

Most of the time, we were having a cocktail by the pool after 5h00, a second one in the Vortex or another bar around 7h00 and grabbed a glass of wine around 8h00 while heading to the MDR. A very appreciated perk!

Now I am confused again as I had read before that cosmopolitans are included with the vouchers. :confused:

I agree that it would be nice to know what mixed drinks are included as I don't always know everything that is in one. They should either give names of drinks or go by price.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I agree that it would be nice to know what mixed drinks are included as I don't always know everything that is in one. They should either give names of drinks or go by price.

agreed

We've asked for a drink that was denied in the CL/DL but it was no problem to have that same drink a bar elsewhere using a voucher.....and the other way around. But usually, we find the the lounge is more restrictive.

I don't drink more than one cocktail and if I want a certain drink I don't mind paying if it is not included in the voucher list or is one of the complimentary cocktails .

m

M

Now I am confused again as I had read before that cosmopolitans are included with the vouchers. :confused:

I have NEVER been told "no" for a Cosmo, on any ship.

It seems the confusion is with the staff on board the various ships, no one knows why one bar man will allow something yet another will not. Perhaps it is the way you ask or the manger being more forceful on policy or whatever. Ask politely if it is possible and if it doesn't work go to plan B.:D

It seems the confusion is with the staff on board the various ships, no one knows why one bar man will allow something yet another will not. Perhaps it is the way you ask or the manger being more forceful on policy or whatever. Ask politely if it is possible and if it doesn't work go to plan B.:D

Gee - why the need for plan B? Ask politely and if it is denied, order something on the list or pay for the drink you want. Why be forceful .

M

Gee - why the need for plan B? Ask politely and if it is denied, order something on the list or pay for the drink you want. Why be forceful .

M

Ordering something else (on the list, if one exists) was my plan B.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I have a slightly different question on this topic. I was on Navigator two weeks ago and enjoyed my three free drinks at various bars. However I noticed there was a much better selection of mixed drinks available in the Diamond Lounge. For example they made me margaritas in the Diamond Lounge but you could not get them for free in any other bars. What I would like is some suggestions on mixed drinks that they will make for you with the available spirits. I have listed some that I know (or think) they will make based on my experience. Other thoughts are appreciated!

Spirits

Bacardi Rum - Rum and coke

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin - Gin and Tonic

Finlandia Vodka - Screwdriver?

Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey - Scotch Sour

Jameson Irish Whiskey - Whiskey Sour or Jamison & Coke

Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey - Whiskey Sour

Jose Cuervo Gold Tequilla - Tequila Sunrise?

Please feel to list other mixed drinks that you can get with these spirits. I want to be ready for more variety when I take my next cruise! Thanks.

This is a good idea as I like to try new drinks while cruising but don't know what drinks are available. I like:

Rum - Bog Frog rum, oj, cranberry juice

Goldeneye - rum, oj, pineapple juice