Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

It seems the confusion is with the staff on board the various ships, no one knows why one bar man will allow something yet another will not. Perhaps it is the way you ask or the manger being more forceful on policy or whatever. Ask politely if it is possible and if it doesn't work go to plan B.:D

Ordering something else (on the list, if one exists) was my plan B.:D

Sorry. I misread your post. I thought the plan B meant you were going to be more forceful. I apologize.

M

We were on the Jewel last week. The Vortex Nightclub and the Hollywood Odyssey were reserved for Diamonds almost every nights. Bites (hot and cold) were being served.

We also like cocktails and it was sometimes difficult to know which ones are available if the barman simply shows us the list of spirits but we don't know the recipe of the various cocktails. Apparently, Margarita is not included because it contains Tequila and Grand Marnier, the latter one not being included; similar issue with Cosmopolitan. Sometimes the barman can make a simpler lookalike cocktail. With rum, you can have Rum Punch.

In order to avoid that confusion, we think that it would be simpler for us and easier to manage for the barmen to go by the price and to simply say that all the cocktails below a certain price ($10.00?) are included. The same could be done for beers (less that $6.50) and wines by the glass (less than $9.50).

Most of the time, we were having a cocktail by the pool after 5h00, a second one in the Vortex or another bar around 7h00 and grabbed a glass of wine around 8h00 while heading to the MDR. A very appreciated perk![/quote

We are diamond and on the Jewel in April. Thank you for finally clarifying that mixed drinks are served at the Diamond Event. With the Jewel being the last ship to obtain a dedicated Diamond lounge, I am glad they are making this benefit available.

So... 3 free drinks (listed on that menu) per evening during set evening hours at any bar on the ship PLUS as many free drinks as you want in the Diamond Lounge during that same time frame. That's a lot of free drinks each evening! :eek:

We just turned Diamond so curious to try it out on Oasis!

Edited by royal girl

my wife and I and my daughter are all diamond members and plan to use our 3 drinks prior to dinner...Oasis 3-7-2015...does any one know if the sparkling wine Moscato is part of the program that we can utilize...I plan to get my wife the Ulitmate drink package also so maybe we can get it for her on that side...is it true if you have the premium or ultimate packages your drinks at dinner in the MDR would also be included...ALONG WITHN THE FANCY AFTER DINNER SHOOTERS...thanks for the feedback:)

Mic, LOL! As long as we're still on the boards, we will remember!

What will bring you to SC? Hopefully by then a beautiful cruise ship will be docking here!!

No it is not a cruise, but we will be doing a land tour of several states. The tour takes us to DC, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina) and then heading down from Washington through to Florida to get a cruise to the Caribbean.

We haven't booked anything as yet so if it does, then maybe we will board it there.:D

So... 3 free drinks (listed on that menu) per evening during set evening hours at any bar on the ship PLUS as many free drinks as you want in the Diamond Lounge during that same time frame. That's a lot of free drinks each evening! :eek:

We just turned Diamond so curious to try it out on Oasis!

Not quite every bar or any drink apparently.:D

Sure is!!!! :D :eek:
Can be but then no use going overboard.:p

I can pretty much guarantee that vouchers will work anymore in Champagne Bar on FOS.

They should work in the R Bar though

Did you forget the word "not" between the words "will" and "work"? It kind of changes the meaning.

my wife and I and my daughter are all diamond members and plan to use our 3 drinks prior to dinner...Oasis 3-7-2015...does any one know if the sparkling wine Moscato is part of the program that we can utilize...I plan to get my wife the Ultimate drink package also so maybe we can get it for her on that side...is it true if you have the premium or ultimate packages your drinks at dinner in the MDR would also be included...ALONG WITHN THE FANCY AFTER DINNER SHOOTERS...thanks for the feedback:)

No, it is not.

When you buy the package, it is good EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. :)

(but does NOT include souvenir glasses, so you have to ask for those after dinner drinks to be in a regular glass, or you can pay for the shooter glass)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Are you, somehow, informed of that ahead of time or do they tell you after they hand you your drink and you hand them your seapass?

There was a card attached to the Diamond letter in our stateroom that told you where the vouchers were excluded and the Champagne Bar was one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm getting thirsty reading this thread. I usually put a couple singles on the bar when ordering the "free coupon" drinks and get very good pours! No problem with cosmos. An added bonus, the bartender sometimes forgets to ring it up.

I miss Charleston, my daughter lived at Daniel Island for a few years.

I'm getting thirsty reading this thread. I usually put a couple singles on the bar when ordering the "free coupon" drinks and get very good pours! No problem with cosmos. An added bonus, the bartender sometimes forgets to ring it up.

That sounds like a good game plan.

Charleston is a wonderful city! I love it here!!!!!!

Cheryl