Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

There was a card attached to the Diamond letter in our stateroom that told you where the vouchers were excluded and the Champagne Bar was one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at card from Oct 2014 Freedom. It does not exclude Champagne Bar. But as I tried to say earlier, no more CB on Freedom

Looking at card from Oct 2014 Freedom. It does not exclude Champagne Bar. But as I tried to say earlier, no more CB on Freedom

We saw the R Bar on Brilliance but couldn't get near it most times. We'll have to sail Freedom again to check that one out. We sailed Freedom October 5th and used the vouchers at the 'old' Champagne Bar. Weird that they don't take them on Independence.

looking through my paper work from Independence and it DOES say Champagne Bar is excluded from the Diamond vouchers. Curious as to why . I missed it completely because I wasn't expecting it.

If it wasn't for the wife, I would've missed it and I read it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looking through my paper work from Independence and it DOES say Champagne Bar is excluded from the Diamond vouchers. Curious as to why . I missed it completely because I wasn't expecting it.

FullSizeRender_zpsa3187f73.jpg

My guess would be that they are busy with paying customers..don't want the freebees taking up valuable real estate.

FullSizeRender_zpsa3187f73.jpg

I wonder if they added it after the rollout? Thanks for clearing this up.

My guess would be that they are busy with paying customers..don't want the freebees taking up valuable real estate.

You must mean they 'thought' they would be busy with paying customers because they weren't busy at all when we went by.

We saw the R Bar on Brilliance but couldn't get near it most times. We'll have to sail Freedom again to check that one out. We sailed Freedom October 5th and used the vouchers at the 'old' Champagne Bar. Weird that they don't take them on Independence.

I received an e-mail yesterday about our upcoming cruise on Independence. Part of the e-mail dealt with the Diamond drink vouchers. It specifically stated that they were valid in all of the bars except the MDR, Windjammer, and specialty restaurants. There was no mention of the Champagne Bar one way or the other.

I received an e-mail yesterday about our upcoming cruise on Independence. Part of the e-mail dealt with the Diamond drink vouchers. It specifically stated that they were valid in all of the bars except the MDR, Windjammer, and specialty restaurants. There was no mention of the Champagne Bar one way or the other.

Consistently inconsistent. Have a great cruise. :D

There is nothing to keep you from carrying a drink in there with you and plopping down into a seat. But maybe you are right and they are hoping that people will not do that.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I'm thinking "no" on the Red Bull and sparkling water. You could, however, get a soda water by the glass; I was able to get Diet Coke (I don't drink either).

I don't drink either, and my partner was pregnant on a cruise two year's ago. They were more than happy to make a load of different non alcoholic cocktails throughout the two weeks.

There is nothing to keep you from carrying a drink in there with you and plopping down into a seat. But maybe you are right and they are hoping that people will not do that.

Unless the bar has a private function why would they stop people from sitting in the bar's lounge.

Edited by MicCanberra

I don't drink either, and my partner was pregnant on a cruise two year's ago. They were more than happy to make a load of different non alcoholic cocktails throughout the two weeks.

Like what? My kids are 18 and 20 and they didn't have much to offer them. When I asked the bartender said a "fruity drink". That seemd a bit vauge. I think my daughter bought a virgin pina colada one night during that time and the bartender didn't charge her but I didn't get the feeling that was the norm. :confused:

Like what? My kids are 18 and 20 and they didn't have much to offer them. When I asked the bartender said a "fruity drink". That seemd a bit vauge. I think my daughter bought a virgin pina colada one night during that time and the bartender didn't charge her but I didn't get the feeling that was the norm. :confused:

They could probably get a virgin screwdriver or a virgin G&T.:p

Unless the bar has a private function why would they stop people from sitting in the bar's lounge.

I have no idea. I was replying to someone else postulated that maybe they didn't want people who were not paying taking up valuable real estate.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I have no idea. I was replying to someone else postulated that maybe they didn't want people who were not paying taking up valuable real estate.

I suppose we will never know.I have seen them move people out of the Cafe' (coffee shop area) if they haven't ordered anything and are not going to but that is not the quietest location for reading anyway.

can I get a Manhattan with vouchers? Thanks

Absolutely!!! My favorite, and I get one every night with either the drink voucher or in the DL/CL.

I've started having them over ice. I like them that way very much.