Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

We're those blender drinks? I didn't think your could get those kinds of drinks in the lounges.

Well, on Explorer since we were in a suite we got Happy Hour in the 19th hole since the CL was crowded - in which we could get those drinks. However, going back to the kids using the card - they would go up to any bar on the ship and order them from the 5:30 - 8:30 timeframe and get them as well. Like I said maybe they were just being nice we'll have to see on Quantum [emoji4]

Edited by jmrothermel

• 3 weeks later...

Directly from RCL's site:

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

• 1 month later...

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

The Diamond EVENT is only held on ships without a dedicated Diamond LOUNGE. Drink vouchers were introduced in July 2014, which virtually eliminated the Diamond EVENT.

I've been on 4 ships since the drink vouchers started and all the Concierge and Diamond Lounges allowed drinks to be carried from all the lounges.

If the information you posted above came fromRCCL's current web site, they haven't updated it with the new information.

It says on the paper they give you in the room that the vouchers are good in the MDR, specialty restaurants, and the theater. You can use them in the smaller venue (on Adventure it was Imperial Lounge) and Schooner bars, etc.

We actually forgot this and tried it in the theater (before 8:30p) and the guy tried to charge us full price because his computer didn't know about the vouchers on our Seapass cards. We, again still forgetting, reminded him that we had vouchers and he just zeroed out the bill without using a voucher.

I remembered later that we weren't supposed to be able to use them there and felt pretty bad, but he had gone after the show so I couldn't go back to apologize. Fortunately, I had tipped him for the drinks since we usually do that when using vouchers.

You could easily grab a drink from the Schooner or Promenade bar before going into the theater.

Tom

Can you use your free drinks in theater before early show?

Lots of outdated info on the website. this is one of them.

The Diamond EVENT is only held on ships without a dedicated Diamond LOUNGE. Drink vouchers were introduced in July 2014, which virtually eliminated the Diamond EVENT.

I've been on 4 ships since the drink vouchers started and all the Concierge and Diamond Lounges allowed drinks to be carried from all the lounges.

If the information you posted above came fromRCCL's current web site, they haven't updated it with the new information.

I agree with you about Diamond Event pretty much being eliminated.

Lots of outdated info on the website. this is one of them.

I agree with you about Diamond Event pretty much being eliminated.

It is accurate for ships that do not have a Diamond lounge, hence not outdated for those ships. The Jewel is one that springs to mind. At the point when all ships have Diamond lounges, then yes I agree it will be outdated, but we are not quite there yet:D

As per the last sentence of below which was not included in the previous post.

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room.

Edited by Spurschick

It is accurate for ships that do not have a Diamond lounge, hence not outdated for those ships. The Jewel is one that springs to mind. At the point when all ships have Diamond lounges, then yes I agree it will be outdated, but we are not quite there yet:D

Jewel and Majesty are the last two ships left without a diamond lounge and both serve "cocktails" during the "Diamond Event" or least since the Voucher System was put in place.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Jewel and Majesty are the last two ships left without a diamond lounge and both serve "cocktails" during the "Diamond Event" or least since the Voucher System was put in place.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post as I didn't realize you were referring to cocktails. I thought you were referring to the actual event. Sorry for the confusion!:)

This might be an incredibly stupid question that was answered earlier. But, if you are D+, do you also get the free drinks? Or does this not happen because D+ has access to the concierge lounge?

Yes they get the coupons as well.

This might be an incredibly stupid question that was answered earlier. But, if you are D+, do you also get the free drinks? Or does this not happen because D+ has access to the concierge lounge?

Yes they get the coupons as well.

I believe that they are encouraging you to get the heck out of the Lounge. ;)

There are no stupid questions, but I've seen some REALLY dumb answers once in a while. :D

The Concierge and Diamond Lounge drinks are available to D+ in addition to the drink vouchers.

Edited by pcur

• 1 month later...

I used the search to bring this thread to life again.

Seeing I have not cruised RCI since 2011, I had to post on it...to thank all you posters for making this interesting and hilarious thread, same questions and answers over and over and over again it just made me laugh and laugh and I kept on reading and reading...thanks for the fun...L:)ri

Edited by land lover

I used the search to bring this thread to life again.

Seeing I have not cruised RCI since 2011, I had to post on it...to thank all you posters for making this interesting and hilarious thread, same questions and answers over and over and over again it just made me laugh and laugh and I kept on reading and reading...thanks for the fun...L:)ri

We live to serve.

;)

:D

• 7 months later...
Hello Merion_Mom...Thanks very much for correcting my total misunderstanding of the Diamond Lounge. It does get a bit confusing.

So, here is my stupid question, based on the drink menu you posted. Are you saying that if there is a dedicated lounge for Diamond members, even if it's not a so called Concierge Lounge, we can order drinks, based off of that list of brands, and NOT, just wine and champagne, plus, still have the 3 drink voucher coupons to use??

For example, we were on the Explorer last Spring, and the Diamond event each evening was in that sports bar off the Viking Crown Lounge. They only would serve us wine or champagne.

Anyway, we have two cruises planned for April, and, after the first cruise is complete, we will become Diamond + members. I will have to read up to see what changes once we reach that level. Thanks very much again for your time and help.

Dave

You have it right. We were just on Navigator in January. Could go to Diamond Lounge and get drinks and hors d'oeuvres (nice selection) and also get 3 drinks with card at other bars on the ship during the designated times. No one checks your card once you are in Diamond Lounge.

We also had My Time Dining and I had the Diamond Concierge call in a table reservation for me every night depending on what time we wanted to eat. And we never had to wait for a table.

EX has returned back to the old policy. No free drinks or Hors d'oeuvres at the Diamond event. I was just on the 1/9 & 1/18 sailing.

EX as in Explorer? I was just on the 1/28 sailing out of Sydney and the diamond lounge had full bar and hors d'oeuvres every night.

Oops, I see now that I replied to an old thread. Not sure what date that was that I quoted but must have been before the Explorer had a Diamond Lounge added.

Edited by blackshirt

• 3 months later...
My wife never carries her sea pass card.......to get into the Diamond Lounge, does a couple have to show both cards or is one card sufficient!! We are Diamond!!

Normally, only one is sufficient. But when we were on the 11-day S. Carib. on Serenade, where there were a gazillion D and above and they opened the whole VC as the D lounge, we both had to show our Sea Passes at the door. I just make my husband carry mine!

My wife never carries her sea pass card.......to get into the Diamond Lounge, does a couple have to show both cards or is one card sufficient!! We are Diamond!!

You never know when you will be asked to show a SeaPass card, so it's best to carry it to avoid an embarassing situation in the lounge. I carry my wife's card when she's wearing something without pockets.

• 8 months later...