Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

My experience on a recent Indy cruise as well. Not sure why, all the other bars accepted them. Also, a couple afternoons lounging by the pool (well before the DL happy hour), we ordered a couple drinks and were asked if we wanted to use the vouchers. Kindly accepted the offer and tipped a few bucks :)

I would think the bar staff was asking if you wanted to apply you D coupon BOGO and not the nightly voucher.

We'll be on the Brilliance in a few weeks.

Just to know ahead of time, I'm glad that I saw this on the diamond perks list.

We were just on the Vision in Oct of 2014, and all drinks were still complimentary

in the diamond lounge. Now I see that there will be a charge for beer and mixed drinks

in the lounge for 25% off.

Is this fleet-wide, and consistent? Just curious.

Thanks ahead of time for any input on this. : )

"The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room."

We were just on the Vision in Oct of 2014, and all drinks were still complimentary

in the diamond lounge. Now I see that there will be a charge for beer and mixed drinks

"The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room."

Where did you see this?

The information above is referring to the Diamond EVENT which is no longer in effect on any ships. The 3 drink vouchers that started last July 2014 replaced this for all ships in the fleet. Those who do not have a Diamond Lounge had this "event", but it's been discontinued.

So, now we have the Diamond Lounge on most ships, and the 3 drink vouchers on ALL seapass cards for Diamond and above members on ALL ships. No more Diamond EVENT.

Edited by pcur

I pulled that info right off of the Royal Caribbean website under diamond benefits.

I know they now have the 3 drink vouchers which we had in October.

The Vision also had a diamond lounge, where we could go each night to have appetizers, mixed drinks, wine, and beer for free. It looks like the Brilliance also has a diamond lounge.

I guess my question is... will drinks be complimentary in there, or will they be for sale at a 25% discount? Does anyone know for sure? Thanks. : )

The information above is referring to the Diamond EVENT which is no longer in effect on any ships. The 3 drink vouchers that started last July 2014 replaced this for all ships in the fleet. Those who do not have a Diamond Lounge had this "event", but it's been discontinued.

So, now we have the Diamond Lounge on most ships, and the 3 drink vouchers on ALL seapass cards for Diamond and above members on ALL ships. No more Diamond EVENT.

I pulled that info right off of the Royal Caribbean website under diamond benefits.

I know they now have the 3 drink vouchers which we had in October.

The Vision also had a diamond lounge, where we could go each night to have appetizers, mixed drinks, wine, and beer for free. It looks like the Brilliance also has a diamond lounge.

I guess my question is... will drinks be complimentary in there, or will they be for sale at a 25% discount? Does anyone know for sure? Thanks. : )

The drinks in the Diamond Lounge are complimentary. The Diamond Event is different.

Limited drinks are available. Can someone give me some suggestions. I usually get cosmopolitans or lemon drops. I am not very drink savy, and know I cannot get the blended frozen drinks for the voucher or at the diamond lounge. Pls give me some suggestions. Can i get black russians? White russians? My husband enjoys the wine, but I do enjoy a mixed drink also. Can I get Mai tai? Any help...thanks!

They were using a knock off on Legend lounges in December

They changed because it was Bailey's in the CL and at the bars during our November trip. Also Bailey's in both areas on the Serenade last month. I think the Bailey's was a welcomed addition for many of us.