Diamond members ( Free Drinks )

This Diamond lounge policy of what is included and where it is, seems to be consistently inconsistent and it really is dependent on the ship and how many Diamond and above members there are.:confused:

Exactly correct!

Larger Diamond lounges usually offer more:), smaller lounges with ships carrying more Diamonds will offer less!:mad:

Exactly correct!

Larger Diamond lounges usually offer more:), smaller lounges with ships carrying more Diamonds will offer less!:mad:

What I highlighted in RED is NOT CORRECT.

It NOT matter if the Diamond Lounge is small or large…IF it is a Diamond LOUNGE it will server the same drinks as all other Diamond Lounges….which will also be the same drinks that are served in the Concierge Lounge (access for D+, Pinnacle, Suites).

The confusion occurs IF a ship has not yet installed a Diamond LOUNGE. These ships were dedicating a room and NOT serving the same mixed drinks etc. that are served on ships with dedicated Diamond LOUNGEs. However, some ships made the decision to make the Diamond AREA (not LOUNGE) a little nicer by serving the same drinks as a dedicated Diamond Lounge (and Concierge Lounge)….some did not…and evidently some flip-flopped.

The number of Diamonds, D+, Pinnacles there are on a particular sailing has no effect on the type of drinks served. The drinks are regulated by a corporate "matrix" (as they refer to it). No ship is supposed to stray from that matrix. The matrix is the same for Diamond LOUNGES and Concierge Lounges. A ship without a Diamond LOUNGE lives by a very different (limited) matrix.

Sometimes there are so many Diamonds, D+, Pinnacles on a particular sailing that they will not fit into a LOUNGE and another room/bar/area is opened to enable all folks to have a seat and enjoy the beverages from the assigned matrix.

The Explorer will get it official, dedicated Diamond LOUNGE when it goes into dry dock soon. Jorge Gutierrez (currently on the Grandeur) will be opening that Diamond Lounge.

Edited by beachnative

When you are a diamond member how many free drinks do you get and do they have to be taken during certian hrs and in a certian bar or room on the ship?

Thanks in advance

The following is from my review ...

Royal Caribbean is doing something to reduce the crowding in the Concierge and Diamond Lounges by loading three free drinks on the SeaPass card of everyone who is Diamond and above. It says, “We are excited to introduce an additional option for you during this cruise: a nightly happy hour from 4:30 – 8::00 pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship with your friends!” It is not clear if being with your friends is a requirement to get the free drinks. At any rate, this is how it works:

“Drink vouchers have been pre-loaded onto your SeaPass card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages each night at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still enjoy the exclusive experience of the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members) plus all the other options available to you!” I’m still trying to figure out the meaning of “almost every bar”. I assume it means all the bars except the one I am at.

The three drink vouchers per day will be applied to each eligible (C&A level Diamond and above) SeaPass card. The drink vouchers are not accumulative throughout the cruise. Drinks may not be redeemed in the dining room, specialty restaurants or Windjammer Café (I didn’t know they served drinks in the Windjammer).

There is a menu:

Spirits (ghosts?) - Bacardi Rum, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Tanqueray Gin, Finkandia Vodka, Dewar’s White Label Scotch Whisky, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey, Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Couvoisier VS Cognac and Sanderman Port (but not starboard) Wine.

Non-Alcoholic Drinks (does this include water?)

Wines by the glass – St. Martin Chardonnay, Zonin Pinot Grigio, Beringer White Zinfandel, St. Martin Cabernet Sauvignon and St. Martin Merlot (no word if the free St. Martin drinks continue after we leave St. Maarten).

Beers – Budweiser, Miller Lite, Amstel Light, Corona and Heineken.

What I highlighted in RED is NOT CORRECT.

It NOT matter if the Diamond Lounge is small or large…IF it is a Diamond LOUNGE it will server the same drinks as all other Diamond Lounges….which will also be the same drinks that are served in the Concierge Lounge (access for D+, Pinnacle, Suites).

The confusion occurs IF a ship has not yet installed a Diamond LOUNGE. These ships were dedicating a room and NOT serving the same mixed drinks etc. that are served on ships with dedicated Diamond LOUNGEs. However, some ships made the decision to make the Diamond AREA (not LOUNGE) a little nicer by serving the same drinks as a dedicated Diamond Lounge (and Concierge Lounge)….some did not…and evidently some flip-flopped.

The number of Diamonds, D+, Pinnacles there are on a particular sailing has no effect on the type of drinks served. The drinks are regulated by a corporate "matrix" (as they refer to it). No ship is supposed to stray from that matrix. The matrix is the same for Diamond LOUNGES and Concierge Lounges. A ship without a Diamond LOUNGE lives by a very different (limited) matrix.

Sometimes there are so many Diamonds, D+, Pinnacles on a particular sailing that they will not fit into a LOUNGE and another room/bar/area is opened to enable all folks to have a seat and enjoy the beverages from the assigned matrix.

The Explorer will get it official, dedicated Diamond LOUNGE when it goes into dry dock soon. Jorge Gutierrez (currently on the Grandeur) will be opening that Diamond Lounge.

Well instead of saying 'not true' rudely to you, I will just say your experience is different from ours!:eek:

The matrix as you call it isn't observed as you suggest from our experiences!

AS we've observed, there seems to be no ryhme nor reason to what RCL offers Diamond, Diamond+, and Pinacle on different ships!

You admit some ships offer different pkges. that have no lounges, you can have you opinion why they do this, we will have ours without being rude!

Just got off a Back to Back on Independence and the Diamond drink vouchers were NOT accepted in the Champagne Bar.

Thanks for the info!

You've proven that just because some had a different experience on a different ship doesn't mean anyone is wrong, right, it means RCL right now is treating its loyal customers differently from ship to ship, and from cruise to cruise!

The only way to know for sure what you'll get is by going on a particular cruise!

Thanks for the info!

You've proven that just because some had a different experience on a different ship doesn't mean anyone is wrong, right, it means RCL right now is treating its loyal customers differently from ship to ship, and from cruise to cruise!

The only way to know for sure what you'll get is by going on a particular cruise!

I really don't think it's a matter of Royal treating customers differently, It's really another case of inconsistency on Royal's part. I've always been able to get the same drinks, same appetizers, same service at all the lounges and diamond events.

In regards to why Champagne Bar didn't honor drink vouchers on Independence, I honestly don't know. The only thing I can think of is maybe the proximity to the dining room.

Thanks for the info!

Actually, it's more consistent than you think. The vouchers are not supposed to be accepted in the Champagne Lounge, the dining room, and the Windjammer on all ships.

Beachnative is absolutely correct in what she said about the drink selections.

I have been on 4 cruises on 3 ships since they started using the vouchers, and found things pretty consistent. If a bar server will accept the voucher, say in the Champagne bar, then so be it. It's not an issue of being treated differently, because you are still getting the same drink. It's just the location may be the exception.

I am continually puzzled by posters on this board who seem to have dark and sinister thoughts about RCCL because a few bartenders are trying to make a passenger happy and accept a voucher in a supposed "off the list" location. It's really not a big deal. Even without the vouchers, if you frequent a bar and tip generously, the staff will try to please you with extra large pours, etc.

By the way, EVERYONE, don't forget to make sure the receipt shows a gratuity, or give the server a dollar. Same labor involved for the vouchers as a paid drink.

Actually, it's more consistent than you think. The vouchers are not supposed to be accepted in the Champagne Lounge, the dining room, and the Windjammer on all ships.

I have never seen anything on the paper work I received onboard that stated the Champagne Bar was not included with regards to the vouchers.. it only said the MDR, Windjammer & Specialty restaraunts...

Beachnative is absolutely correct in what she said about the drink selections.

I have been on 4 cruises on 3 ships since they started using the vouchers, and found things pretty consistent. If a bar server will accept the voucher, say in the Champagne bar, then so be it. It's not an issue of being treated differently, because you are still getting the same drink. It's just the location may be the exception.

I am continually puzzled by posters on this board who seem to have dark and sinister thoughts about RCCL because a few bartenders are trying to make a passenger happy and accept a voucher in a supposed "off the list" location. It's really not a big deal. Even without the vouchers, if you frequent a bar and tip generously, the staff will try to please you with extra large pours, etc.

By the way, EVERYONE, don't forget to make sure the receipt shows a gratuity, or give the server a dollar. Same labor involved for the vouchers as a paid drink.

Where are you getting this information??? I have never heard or read anywhere that champagne bar is not suppose to accept the vouchers. The rule is MDr, windjammer and specialty dining

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My bad. I've read so many posts by people that didn't have them accepted at the Champagne Bar that I mentally added that as a "no-go" bar for them. Sorry.

This is a good synopsis of it, but the times do vary by ship:

Cruising 101: Crown and Anchor Society Complimentary Drink Coupons

IN: Cruising 101Crown and Anchor 17 Jul 2014

Recently Royal Caribbean began a new policy of offering complimentary drink vouchers per night to select levels of Crown and Anchor Society members to help offset congestion in its Diamond and Concierge lounges.

How does these new complimentary drink coupons work?

Three drink vouchers per day will be applied to each eligible Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members corresponding SeasPass card to be used to get a free drink at bars on the ship.

One drink may be redeemed at any one time.

Who is eligible for the drink coupons?

Guests who are Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members.

When can I use the drink coupons?

Between 4:30pm and 8:00pm

Which drinks are available with the coupons

Spirits

Bacardi Rum

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin

Finlandia Vodka

Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey

Jose Cuervo Gold Tequilla

Courvoisier VS Cognac

Sandeman Port Wine

Wines by the glass

St. Martin Chardonnay

Zonin Pinot Grigio

Beringer White Zinfandel

St. Martin Cabernet Sauvignon

St. Martin Merlot

Beers

Budweiser

Miller Light

Amstel Light

Corona

Heineken

Can I still go to the Diamond Lounge if I use these coupons?

Yes, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can continue to enjoy all the amenities in the Diamond Lounge.

**Where can I not use the complimentary drink coupons?

Drink vouchers may not be redeemed in the dining room, specialty restaurants, room service or Windjammer.

**As I said, I've just given up trying them at the Champagne Bar, but it's worth a try.

Edited by pcur

I really don't think it's a matter of Royal treating customers differently, It's really another case of inconsistency on Royal's part. I've always been able to get the same drinks, same appetizers, same service at all the lounges and diamond events.

In regards to why Champagne Bar didn't honor drink vouchers on Independence, I honestly don't know. The only thing I can think of is maybe the proximity to the dining room.

You're right about them just being inconsistent. Royal doesn't offer my drink of choice in the DL yet on some ships, the wait staff have gone out of their way to get it for me and others just said no. As far as the vouchers go, sometimes if the bartender already knew my drink of choice, they would just get it and count it toward my voucher and sometimes I would ask and be denied.

On a side note, we just got off Indy Sunday too. What was new to us was no signing a receipt when using the vouchers. They still swiped your card. Someone complained at the Captain's Corner that they thought the bar staff were loosing tips because of it. He was told he could ask for a slip if he wanted to add a tip. I always tip in cash so I'm happy with no slips. More like real happy. They're a pain.

By the way, it was another great cruise.

Just got off a Back to Back on Independence and the Diamond drink vouchers were NOT accepted in the Champagne Bar.

My experience on a recent Indy cruise as well. Not sure why, all the other bars accepted them. Also, a couple afternoons lounging by the pool (well before the DL happy hour), we ordered a couple drinks and were asked if we wanted to use the vouchers. Kindly accepted the offer and tipped a few bucks :)

My experience on a recent Indy cruise as well. Not sure why, all the other bars accepted them. Also, a couple afternoons lounging by the pool (well before the DL happy hour), we ordered a couple drinks and were asked if we wanted to use the vouchers. Kindly accepted the offer and tipped a few bucks :)

I've been a ships where the vouchers work till Midnight. vision, brilliance and majesty. Didnt work on Oasis and didnt try it on Independence. Always went to Olive or Twist where they knew me and they always hooked me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I repeat, "This Diamond lounge policy of what is included and where it is, seems to be consistently inconsistent and it really is dependent on the ship".

Inconsistent is certainly one way of describing things.

I would say: Hotel Directors and Food & Beverage Managers have some degree of latitude on their ships.

:)

Inconsistent is certainly one way of describing things.

I would say: Hotel Directors and Food & Beverage Managers have some degree of latitude on their ships.

:)

Do they have any degree of longitude?

I have a slightly different question on this topic. I was on Navigator two weeks ago and enjoyed my three free drinks at various bars. However I noticed there was a much better selection of mixed drinks available in the Diamond Lounge. For example they made me margaritas in the Diamond Lounge but you could not get them for free in any other bars. What I would like is some suggestions on mixed drinks that they will make for you with the available spirits. I have listed some that I know (or think) they will make based on my experience. Other thoughts are appreciated!

Spirits

Bacardi Rum - Rum and coke

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin - Gin and Tonic

Finlandia Vodka - Screwdriver?

Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey - Scotch Sour

Jameson Irish Whiskey - Whiskey Sour or Jamison & Coke

Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey - Whiskey Sour

Jose Cuervo Gold Tequilla - Tequila Sunrise?

Please feel to list other mixed drinks that you can get with these spirits. I want to be ready for more variety when I take my next cruise! Thanks.

I have a slightly different question on this topic. I was on Navigator two weeks ago and enjoyed my three free drinks at various bars. However I noticed there was a much better selection of mixed drinks available in the Diamond Lounge. For example they made me margaritas in the Diamond Lounge but you could not get them for free in any other bars. What I would like is some suggestions on mixed drinks that they will make for you with the available spirits. I have listed some that I know (or think) they will make based on my experience. Other thoughts are appreciated!

Spirits

Bacardi Rum - Rum and coke

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin - Gin and Tonic

Finlandia Vodka - Screwdriver?

Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey - Scotch Sour

Jameson Irish Whiskey - Whiskey Sour or Jamison & Coke

Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey - Whiskey Sour

Jose Cuervo Gold Tequilla - Tequila Sunrise?

Please feel to list other mixed drinks that you can get with these spirits. I want to be ready for more variety when I take my next cruise! Thanks.

We were on the Jewel last week. The Vortex Nightclub and the Hollywood Odyssey were reserved for Diamonds almost every nights. Bites (hot and cold) were being served.

We also like cocktails and it was sometimes difficult to know which ones are available if the barman simply shows us the list of spirits but we don't know the recipe of the various cocktails. Apparently, Margarita is not included because it contains Tequila and Grand Marnier, the latter one not being included; similar issue with Cosmopolitan. Sometimes the barman can make a simpler lookalike cocktail. With rum, you can have Rum Punch.

In order to avoid that confusion, we think that it would be simpler for us and easier to manage for the barmen to go by the price and to simply say that all the cocktails below a certain price ($10.00?) are included. The same could be done for beers (less that $6.50) and wines by the glass (less than $9.50).

Most of the time, we were having a cocktail by the pool after 5h00, a second one in the Vortex or another bar around 7h00 and grabbed a glass of wine around 8h00 while heading to the MDR. A very appreciated perk!

Edited by vivi9909