E mail from New CEO Lisa. Pillow chocs to come back! (3 Threads Merged)

Sparkle 123

Just had an e mail from Lisa Lutoff-Perlo the new President and CEO of Celebrity.I expect most UK capt Club members will receive the same.

She says she is going to reintroduce the turndown chocolates rolling out across the fleet in April!

I know its only a small thing but I appreciate those kind of gestures!:D

She also confirmed she will be onboard the Eclipse 2 night taster cruise in May from Southampton hosting a Captains Club reception with the UK and Ireland MD.

We were lucky enough to meet her on the Quantum Maiden Transatlantic and thought she was a very approachable down to earth person. I am sure she will do great in her new role on Celebrity.

Great news....not because the chocolates are that important, but because it's an immediate message that she's focused on passenger experience, not just the bottom line. That's incredibly refreshing....and gives hope that the ongoing cutbacks may slow, stop, or perhaps even reverse a little.

Thanks for posting this.....

Totally agree with ghstudio!

This is the first indication--literally in years--that they are moderating the cuts that have been so prevalent (except, of course, for high dollar per diem suites).

The cost is minimal vs. the impression of customer focus vs. non-stop bottom line focus. I truly believe that you can do both without harming either. Many, many corporations have--and are--doing precisely that.

Glad to hear! I doubt there will be any noticable improvements for our upcoming cruise, but at least we have been heard and the bleeding may finally stop. Customer appreciation and value is extremely important and it sounds like Lisa realizes this. I will wait and see and hope for the best.

But which chocolates will be back?

Ever since the Cova Chocolates disapeared there has been a not so gradual decline in the quality of the chocolate.

The oreo cookie is very tasty but only once a voyage.

Just had an e mail from Lisa Lutoff-Perlo the new President and CEO of Celebrity.I expect most UK capt Club members will receive the same.

She says she is going to reintroduce the turndown chocolates rolling out across the fleet in April!

I know its only a small thing but I appreciate those kind of gestures!:D

I was on a ship when she was named CEO. The GRM said to me that he believes that he will get his chocolates back with her as CEO. Guess he was right.

Email reads:

Happy New Year! I am delighted to write to you as the new President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

As many of you know, I spent seven years with Celebrity as we built and launched the industry-changing and stunning Solstice Class ships. Watching them come to life was a real highlight of my career and being back with Celebrity is very exciting, especially as I look to the future of our brand. We have the best loyalty program in the industry with Captains Club members from all over the world, who, like you, know that the guest experience on a Celebrity ship is like no other! With our recent announcement of "Project Edge," we are excited to be designing and building our next class of ships, with the first launching in 2018. Edge will help us continue the tradition of our industry-leading offerings of modern luxury ships, with award-winning service and cuisine.

Furthermore, as part of our continued investment we are welcoming the revitalised Celebrity Eclipse back to the UK in May. For those of you already booked on our special Taste of Modern Luxury two-night sailing , there will be an opportunity to meet you face to face as I will be onboard hosting a Captain's Club cocktail reception with Jo Rzymowska, UK and Ireland Managing Director.

Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognise and celebrate this. We make sure that you are at the centre of what we do to ensure you have a holiday that provides you and your loved ones with memories that last a lifetime. To show how much we appreciate your feedback, I am very happy to announce that I will be reintroducing chocolates on your pillow at turndown, which will be rolled out across our fleet during the month of April. Plus, as a valuable Captains Club member, we hope you take advantage of our greatest offer yet, 123Go! - the best value when booking your next modern luxury cruise.

We realise that when it comes to a holiday, you have many choices, and we are very grateful that Celebrity Cruises is your choice!

Looking forward to having you back on board in the very near future.

All my very best,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises

Edited by villauk

Dear XXXX,

Happy New Year! I am delighted to write to you as the new President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

As many of you know, I spent seven years with Celebrity as we built and launched the industry-changing and stunning Solstice Class ships. Watching them come to life was a real highlight of my career and being back with Celebrity is very exciting, especially as I look to the future of our brand. We have the best loyalty program in the industry with Captains Club members from all over the world, who, like you, know that the guest experience on a Celebrity ship is like no other! With our recent announcement of "Project Edge," we are excited to be designing and building our next class of ships, with the first launching in 2018. Edge will help us continue the tradition of our industry-leading offerings of modern luxury ships, with award-winning service and cuisine.

Furthermore, as part of our continued investment we are welcoming the revitalised Celebrity Eclipse back to the UK in May. For those of you already booked on our special Taste of Modern Luxury two-night sailing , there will be an opportunity to meet you face to face as I will be onboard hosting a Captain's Club cocktail reception with Jo Rzymowska, UK and Ireland Managing Director.

Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognise and celebrate this. We make sure that you are at the centre of what we do to ensure you have a holiday that provides you and your loved ones with memories that last a lifetime. To show how much we appreciate your feedback, I am very happy to announce that I will be reintroducing chocolates on your pillow at turndown, which will be rolled out across our fleet during the month of April. Plus, as a valuable Captains Club member, we hope you take advantage of our greatest offer yet, 123Go! - the best value when booking your next modern luxury cruise.

We realise that when it comes to a holiday, you have many choices, and we are very grateful that Celebrity Cruises is your choice!

All my very best,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Very nice email from the new CEO.

Thanks for the hints about the new build for 2018, the chocolates brought back at turndown service each evening, and yes, the 123go promo.

We booked a 2016 European cruise for the itinerary and the 123go promo.

Edited by Azulann

Dear Patricia,

I am delighted to write to you as the new President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

As many of you know, I spent seven years with Celebrity as we built and launched the industry-changing and stunning Solstice Class ships. Watching them come to life was a real highlight of my career and being back with Celebrity is very exciting, especially as I look to the future of our brand.

We have the best loyalty program in the industry with Captain's Club members from all over the world, who, like you, know that the guest experience on a Celebrity ship is like no other! With our recent announcement of "Project Edge," we are excited to be designing and building our next class of ships, with the first launching in 2018. Edge will help us continue the tradition of our industry-leading offerings of modern luxury ships, with award-winning service and cuisine.

Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognize and celebrate this. We make sure that you are at the center of what we do to ensure you have a vacation that provides you and your loved ones with memories that last a lifetime.

To show how much we appreciate your feedback, I am very happy to announce that I will be reintroducing chocolates on your pillow at turndown, which will be rolled out across our fleet during the month of April. Plus, as a valuable Captain's Club member, we hope you take advantage of our greatest offer yet, 123go! All Inclusive - the best value when booking your next modern luxury cruise.

We realize that when it comes to a vacation, you have many choices, and we are very grateful that Celebrity Cruises is your choice!

All my very best, ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=%2bfU7ZMgbjZ7jjanbdjmaZMsSAYhkBTD9dRan5qJ%2fCcQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.email.celebritycruises.com%2flib%2ffe741570746504797615%2fm%2f10%2fLLP_signature_250x63.jpgImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=%2bfU7ZMgbjZ7jjanbdjmaZMsSAYhkBTD9dRan5qJ%2fCcQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.email.celebritycruises.com%2flib%2ffe741570746504797615%2fm%2f10%2fBest_Premium.png Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

This message was received by me about 2 minutes ago. Sure hope they can be dark chocolate or a choice. One of the problems with what they did before is few liked - for example - Raspberry Chocolate. Then you have an issue of milk chocolate vs. dark. Travel a lot in Australia and dark chocolate is hard to find, but here in the US more adults eat dark than light/milk.

FWIW - We have received a fresh flower in our room on request. Not every day but for a "special day".

Fresh fruit? Why not go to the buffet and grab a banana, apple or orange? Personally nothing worse than a Red Delicious apple or a pear that never gets ripe, but I love bananas and simply get our own fruit of choice.

Edited by az_tchr
Add comment

Here is the announcement in a promo letter.

Dear ,

I am delighted to write to you as the new President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

As many of you know, I spent seven years with Celebrity as we built and launched the industry-changing and stunning Solstice Class ships. Watching them come to life was a real highlight of my career and being back with Celebrity is very exciting, especially as I look to the future of our brand.

We have the best loyalty program in the industry with Captain's Club members from all over the world, who, like you, know that the guest experience on a Celebrity ship is like no other! With our recent announcement of "Project Edge," we are excited to be designing and building our next class of ships, with the first launching in 2018. Edge will help us continue the tradition of our industry-leading offerings of modern luxury ships, with award-winning service and cuisine.

Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognize and celebrate this. We make sure that you are at the center of what we do to ensure you have a vacation that provides you and your loved ones with memories that last a lifetime.

To show how much we appreciate your feedback, I am very happy to announce that I will be reintroducing chocolates on your pillow at turndown, which will be rolled out across our fleet during the month of April. Plus, as a valuable Captain's Club member, we hope you take advantage of our greatest offer yet, 123go! All Inclusive - the best value when booking your next modern luxury cruise.

We realize that when it comes to a vacation, you have many choices, and we are very grateful that Celebrity Cruises is your choice!

All my very best,

LLP_signature_250x63.jpg

Best_Premium.png

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Edited by MVPinBoynton