Drink Vouchers for Diamond or above - 2 or 3 per night?

LMaxwell

When the program rolled out it was 3 drinks per night loaded to the Seapass card for each Diamond (or higher level) guest to be used at most bars, with a limited menu (same as found in lounges).

Now I am reading it is 2 drinks. Can anyone confirm if it is 3 or 2? If it was changed where can this communication be found? Anyone onboard now that can speak to this one way or the other?

Sorry for tangent, but...

It was 3 drinks per person per evening on Adventure last week.

How was Adventure of the Seas for you? My family will be sailing on her again in August, seven years after we last sailed on her.

Sorry for tangent, but...

How was Adventure of the Seas for you? My family will be sailing on her again in August, seven years after we last sailed on her.

First, you should know that I am biased in favor of Voyager class ships, so that colors my perception.

We love the ship, crew, and cruising out of San Juan. There seems to be a higher percentage of non-US folks on these itineraries, and we find that interesting.

The ship had some improvements since last year: pool big screen, pool deck surface, pervasive WiFi, unlimited WiFi plans.

Had some issues with the stateroom (temperature, odor), but they were minor.

First, you should know that I am biased in favor of Voyager class ships, so that colors my perception.

We love the ship, crew, and cruising out of San Juan. There seems to be a higher percentage of non-US folks on these itineraries, and we find that interesting.

The ship had some improvements since last year: pool big screen, pool deck surface, pervasive WiFi, unlimited WiFi plans.

Had some issues with the stateroom (temperature, odor), but they were minor.

I'm not so sure those two go together but other than that I share your views of the ship, its crew, sailing out of San Juan, and the southern Caribbean.:)

I'm not so sure those two go together but other than that I share your views of the ship, its crew, sailing out of San Juan, and the southern Caribbean.:)

When we were on the pool deck, we mostly spent time in the Solarium, so the big screen was not an issue. However, when walking through the main pool area, it seems to us that they kept the volume level on the big screen at a level that did not seem too loud. I have to admit that watching the Super Bowl in a poolside lounger, in the Caribbean, with all the party food, was very enjoyable, except for the last 24 seconds.

On Brilliance of Seas in January it was 3 drinks, 5:00pm to 8:30pm and we actually went to the lounge 2 nights and still had available to us 3 drinks on our card. Didn't use all of them any night.

I loved the ability to go to lounge OR a bar! Thanks Royal!! Makes me consider Royal over even Celebrity right now!

On Brilliance of Seas in January it was 3 drinks, 5:00pm to 8:30pm and we actually went to the lounge 2 nights and still had available to us 3 drinks on our card. Didn't use all of them any night.

I loved the ability to go to lounge OR a bar! Thanks Royal!! Makes me consider Royal over even Celebrity right now!

Like you I appreciate the extra option. I also appreciate that the hours are longer on Royal Caribbean than Celebrity.

Edited by Starry Eyes

When the program rolled out it was 3 drinks per night loaded to the Seapass card for each Diamond (or higher level) guest to be used at most bars, with a limited menu (same as found in lounges).

Now I am reading it is 2 drinks. Can anyone confirm if it is 3 or 2? If it was changed where can this communication be found? Anyone onboard now that can speak to this one way or the other?

Where in the world did you read that it would be 2 drinks?

without posting the source, it seems as if it's just rumor mongoring for some reason.

Here's a suggestion to utilize the 3 drinks on your card.

Recently on IOS I realized very quickly I wasn't using the 3 drinks on our cards since we were in the Diamond lounge in the evenings, so we stopped by a bar and asked for unopened bottled beer. We put the beer in the refrigerator in our room and then had beer by the pool the next day. This way we didn't let my 3 drinks go to waste. YMMV :D

Edited by PerferWarmWeather

Where in the world did you read that it would be 2 drinks?

without posting the source, it seems as if it's just rumor mongoring for some reason.

A poster on another thread said they were told 2 not three. See posts 212 and 217. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163966&page=11

As letters in cabins say 3, and as multiple people here report recently getting 3 and as there has not been a huge CC fuss, it seems most likely that the poster of 212 and 217 or their source just misunderstood.

A poster on another thread said they were told 2 not three. See posts 212 and 217. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163966&page=11

As letters in cabins say 3, and as multiple people here report recently getting 3 and as there has not been a huge CC fuss, it seems most likely that the poster of 212 and 217 or their source just misunderstood.

LOL, one person's experience who may or may not have been right, since they worked with one bartender is enough to start this thread/rumor?

That's really funny.

LOL, one person's experience who may or may not have been right, since they worked with one bartender is enough to start this thread/rumor?

That's really funny.

It was enough for me to question if the policy had changed. When someone on a ship reports something that contradicts current policy why not ask about it

Recently on IOS I realized very quickly I wasn't using the 3 drinks on our cards since we were in the Diamond lounge in the evenings, so we stopped by a bar and asked for unopened bottled beer. We put the beer in the refrigerator in our room and then had beer by the pool the next day. This way we didn't let my 3 drinks go to waste. YMMV :D

The benefit it intended to be a substitute for the lounges, not a plan to provide beer for the next day. Action like this can easily get out of hand and cause the entire drink voucher program stopped.

Since RCCL reads these boards I would not be surprised if RCCL starts to instruct servers to open beer.

Enjoy the benefit

M

When we were on the pool deck, we mostly spent time in the Solarium, so the big screen was not an issue. However, when walking through the main pool area, it seems to us that they kept the volume level on the big screen at a level that did not seem too loud. I have to admit that watching the Super Bowl in a poolside lounger, in the Caribbean, with all the party food, was very enjoyable, except for the last 24 seconds.

And just what was the problem with those 24 seconds? Hmmmm?:confused::D:D

The benefit it intended to be a substitute for the lounges, not a plan to provide beer for the next day. Action like this can easily get out of hand and cause the entire drink voucher program stopped.

Since RCCL reads these boards I would not be surprised if RCCL starts to instruct servers to open beer.

Enjoy the benefit

M

While I acknowledge your point, cruisegirl1, I must say I see similar things happen in the lounges. Even before vouchers, we'd see unopened cans or bottles of beverages are slipped into bags and carried away (presumably for consumption at another place and/or time). Classy?

sigh :(