BOGO WILD OFFER Starting Saturday

Mott1086

So it looks like if you still want the 50% off second person, then you don't enter the code and prices are the same. If you want the drink "deal", then you enter the code BEVERAGE and for Ocean View or higher, you can get it with raised prices. I noticed on our cruise that basic ocean view went up around $300 and Boardwalk Balcony went up around $700. So I'd say it's worth it (if you drink) for Ocean but quite pricey on higher cabins.

Where are you seeing confirmation of free drink package except in the price? I see none.

It is not showing on the confirmation page

Edited my other post

If I get my balcony discount that cruise comes to $1836 add $700 for drink package= $2536

If I buy it through their promo it comes to $2461 so it was a bit cheaper

Edited by molly361

So it looks like if you still want the 50% off second person, then you don't enter the code and prices are the same. If you want the drink "deal", then you enter the code BEVERAGE and for Ocean View or higher, you can get it with raised prices. I noticed on our cruise that basic ocean view went up around $300 and Boardwalk Balcony went up around $700. So I'd say it's worth it (if you drink) for Ocean but quite pricey on higher cabins.

Or you enter the word BEVERAGE with only an increased price with no beverages package included. :eek:

It is not showing on the confirmation page

Edited my other post

If I get my balcony discount that cruise comes to $1836 add $700 for drink package= $2536

If I buy it through their promo it comes to $2711

Are you saying that the "free" drink package may not be a good deal if one is eligible for a Diamond (or higher) balcony discount?

Or you enter the word BEVERAGE with only an increased price with no beverages package included. :eek:

Ugh ya...that option is not so good. See what people mean since after you enter the code, it never explicitly says that you have the package. For anyone wanting the beverage deal, I would definitely call RCL and book directly through them (or via a travel agent). Just to be sure.

I'm curious if the $500 is less expensive than manually adding beverage packages to your cruise without using the BEVERAGE code.

I'll bet Ellen is doing the math right now!

I just re priced my Allure 2106 cruise.

BOGOHO1 was just over $2000 total in a D8

Current BOGOHO $3044

Price with BEVERGAGE promo $4084

$1240 for 2 drink packages. :eek::eek::eek:

Unless there are some lower fares without the sales when they release the new itineraries this will be the first year that I won't be booking anything. I'll take my chances on cabin location and book last minute.

Edit. The beverage package is not combinable with any resident rates.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Are you saying that the "free" drink package may not be a good deal if one is eligible for a Diamond (or higher) balcony discount?

I edited that post- It is $2461 when I am logged in with the package- If I bought the package separately it would come to $2522 (I think the package is $49) So you would save a few dollars

I just re priced my Allure 2106 cruise.

BOGOHO1 was just over $2000 total in a D8

Current BOGOHO $3044

Price with BEVERGAGE promo $4084

$1240 for 2 drink packages. :eek::eek::eek:

Unless there are some lower fares without the sales when they release the new itineraries this will be the first year that I won't be booking anything. I'll take my chances on cabin location and book last minute.

Edit. The beverage package is not combinable with any resident rates.

Yikes!!! I can't re-price any of my BOGOHO bookings either. They have all gone up quite a bit.

I edited that post- It is $2461 when I am logged in with the package- If I bought the package separately it would come to $2522 (I think the package is $49) So you would save a few dollars

Sorry to make you do math so early in the morning.;)

...Unless there are some lower fares without the sales when they release the new itineraries this will be the first year that I won't be booking anything. I'll take my chances on cabin location and book last minute....

I feel the same way Ken. I was bummed about not having any "old" Next Cruise certificates to use when the new bookings come out, but at these prices, it does not matter because I won't be booking anything.

Sorry to make you do math so early in the morning.;)

I need more coffee:)

It is sad that their prices are forcing us to look at other lines. Will BOGO ever end?

Not until 3/10 now- And not long after that we will be celebrating it's 1st BIRTHDAY (or ANNIVERSARY) - It will be 1 year old on May 1st:p

Edited by molly361

Our Feb 2016 FOS cruise went up $200. Not seeing this is a deal. I think the days of price drops are gone. In a discussion with our cruise planner he stated that since the start of the BOGO sales they are seeing ships fill much earlier allowing prices to rise. Supply and demand. We booked a New Year's trip on Oasis in December in a D1 for about $2200pp. Looked last week it was up to $4000pp. We ended up switching our trip to FOS in Feb and saved $8000 on 4 cabins. May have to look at other lines also.

Our Feb 2016 FOS cruise went up $200. Not seeing this is a deal. I think the days of price drops are gone. In a discussion with our cruise planner he stated that since the start of the BOGO sales they are seeing ships fill much earlier allowing prices to rise. Supply and demand. We booked a New Year's trip on Oasis in December in a D1 for about $2200pp. Looked last week it was up to $4000pp. We ended up switching our trip to FOS in Feb and saved $8000 on 4 cabins. May have to look at other lines also.

It seems like a new mentality is needed. Ignore what they call "a sale". At the time of booking, you need to decide what you want to pay (which may determine cruise line, cruise ship, date and stateroom). Then from there just book it. Price drops are a bonus, but don't count on it. And if it does, then call and get your cruise readjusted. But at least when you book, you know that is your price and it won't be any higher.

People will decide to switch lines if not happy with what they get for the cost. For us, we looked at the cost of Disney Fantasy or Magic as we are coming with kids and found it was $2000 more than what we could get on the Allure (comparable ship, itinerary and stateroom) and Allure still had amazing things for our kids and for us. So in this case, it was the had us select RCL over Disney. It's all in what people are willing to pay for what they get.

Edited by LuCruise

Here is a three-way comparison of the identical cruise - original BOGO; BOGO yesterday; and "free" beverage package today:

Summary of Charges –D2, 3/6/16 FOS (2/13)

Stateroom Stateroom Total $2,896.32 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,789.00 $1,789.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $106.66 $106.66

Onboard Credit $100.00 $100.00

Discount: $0.00 ($895.00)

Per Person Total: $1,895.66 $1,000.66

Summary of Charges –D2, 3/6/16 FOS (Original BOGO)

Stateroom Stateroom Total $1,802.46 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,049.00 $1,049.00

Prepaid Gratuities: $84.00 $84.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $84.23 $84.23

Cruise Care $59.00 $59.00

Onboard Credit $100.00 $0.00

Discount: ($225.00) ($525.00)

Per Person Total: $1,051.23 $751.23

Summary of Charges –D2, 3/6/16 FOS (2/14) – with “free” beverage package

Stateroom Stateroom Total $3,791.32 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,789.00 $1,789.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $106.66 $106.66

Onboard Credit $100.00 $100.00

Per Person Total: $1,895.66 $1,895.66

What sale? Checked our FOS Feb. 2016 sailing and the price increased $500 pp for our balcony room. I would love to have one of the new rooms on deck 12 but not going to pay more even for a room without a balcony for that location. Glad I got a good deal when I booked months ago.

So I think I'm missing something. None of you're happy with the cruise line and the deals? But most of you have cruises booked?

if you want a merchant to change the way it does business the best thing to do is take your cash someplace else. Generally that gets a lot more attention than words

Actually I DO NOT have any ocean cruises booked (I do have three weeks of French river cruises booked for later this spring). I have ceased to be upset at this sales B.S., and accept that it cons newbies into subsidizing the ship operating costs. I generally cruise 10-12 weeks a year, and was on RCI for 8 weeks last year (and on other lines in addition), and have been on RCI for 2 weeks thus far in 2015. NONE of those RCI cruises were booked more than 2 months out. I let the cruise line play all their games, and if they still have vacancies they are desperate to get rid of at low prices (with no bogus "free" stuff) I will perhaps buy. Having cruised to all seven continents there is no cruise I feel I must do, but give me a good price and I'm good to go.

Hate the sales.

Love the sails. (but not so much that I'll play their game).

Thom