Useless Post-Cruise Survey?

kruznkanuk

We had a great cruise on Millennium Feb 1-15 and tried to do the post-cruise survey, wanting to throw both bouquets to some fantastic staff and a few bricks. The survey was 4 questions on overall expectations and no chance to do more-- a big change from previous X surveys. I emailed the survey company with the link in X's email offering the survey but it bounced as invalid address. I tried to email X in the 'Contact Us' area of their website but that gave an error too. What's going on? Any one had recent experience with a Celebrity survey? Are they all so limited or is this one just not working right?

I had problems to even get a survey link. After being told repeatedly on board how important the survey was I phoned X (German Office) and was told that the headquarter thinks not every guest needs a survey link. I asked for it and got email. But it was the same little thing you mentioned here. So I emailed X in addition to express both praise and concerns.

Hi there,

Can you please send us an email to concerns@celebrity.com. We would love to hear your thoughts!

Here's a thought.... Why can't Celebrity put some effort into expanding the the range of questions and level of detail obtained so that getting feedback would actually be useful???

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Also recieved one for the port survey. After a few questions I dumped it. A total waste of time. Some questions had no way to answer that the port or area wasn't part of the cruise or a place that I was not at.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I've had nothing but problems with the link on board Reflection. Every time I start the survey, my iPad gets disconnected and I have to log in again and again. This just angers me and my response gets more negative towards my feelings about expectations.

If you mention that they have exceeded expectations there is no opportunity to mention how they have fallen short.

It seems they wish to be complimented on how they do things well but don't want to read possible weaknesses in their product.

Will we return to X ... Of course.

Will we recommend X to our friends... Probably

Can they improve? Definitely

How is their IT department?... I cannot answer that question without several inspirational beverages...

Please make it easier to express concerns that will improve the Celebrity product and allow us to recommend X without equivocation.

I had to run to the lounge to ask why I was disconnected while posting this message..... And they have no clue why this is an ongoing issue....

Edited by Arno.

Here's a thought.... Why can't Celebrity put some effort into expanding the the range of questions and level of detail obtained so that getting feedback would actually be useful???

Hi there,

The issue is (and we're simply relaying the information), is that you have 7 days to fill out the survey. After 7 days, it will automatically switch to this version of the survey - celebritycruises.com/esurvey

I agree, while I was Initially enthusiastic about the email survey, the last three i filled out left me wondering how I was supposed to address a few things the survey gave no allowance for. Both positive and negative. I found a desire to give higher and lower answers to try to compensate for what could not be addressed.

Hi there,

The issue is (and we're simply relaying the information), is that you have 7 days to fill out the survey. After 7 days, it will automatically switch to this version of the survey - celebritycruises.com/esurvey

Seriously????

Do you realize what a joke that survey is? Why would anyone bother to fill it out if they cannot have the real survey initiated/completed before 7 days after the cruise? A previous poster (Arno) has it just about right. Basically, there is no (or very little) opportunity to add free-flowing thoughts on various topics till the very end. By then, I had already given ratings that I probably would have done differently had there been a way to add the free-form text sooner (than later).

I'm glad you figured out how to get your IT department to create this (or outsource the work to someone you pay to do this for you)... however, in my opinion, not that it seems to matter here.... Celebrity can and should do more to encourage all of their passengers to provide all of the feedback they can.

Edited by vulcan1971

Thank you Celebrity for advising that the format changes after 7 days.

After the Infinity Jan 18 2 week South America cruise I was travelling another 10 days with limited internet. I returned after the 7 day timeframe.

I will use the email link you kindly provided to supplement my abbreviated comments in the past 7 day form.

This helps.

ABoatNerd

I tried filling out a survey a few days after returning from my cruise. I don't throw bricks, and wanted to leave a few bouquets. However, half way through the survey, and it kicked me out! :(

FYI - I have been told in the past that because of the way the surveys are set up, if you thrown a brick about the food being bad, for instance, your servers will also get a bad mark even if they were excellent. That's just not right. :( Therefore... I fill out the Attention to Detail form while on the ship. Luckily, I was able to give out bouquets to those that deserved them...which was all the crew that we encountered by name. ;)

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this link. I will fill out another survey. :)

I don't think the surveys have any effect at all. In fact, I think they're a complete waste of time. Issues with the Celebrity website have been posted here for several years, and we know someone in the social media department at Celebrity is reading the posts, yet the website has shown NO improvement after years of issues and complaints.

So do you REALLY think filling out an online survey is going to do anything at all, except make you feel that you are able to express your opinion? They just want those positive numbers to bolster their ratings, and for nothing else. They clearly do not listen to their customers. It's a take it or leave it proposition.

The exceeded expectations has always had me baffled. :confused:

I cruised on Celebrity before so I know what to expect, so it would really have to be something extra special to exceed and most times it isn't going to happen. It is the same as grading on a class curve, if everyone got a 100% correct than everyone gets a average mark because that is average for that class.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Is it perhaps they now have people in charge that think they have it all figured out? They really don't want our opinions anymore, it's just lip service. Otherwise they would have a survey that actually means something. Unless their IT dept can't figure out how to write one, which is a possibility.

We always do a survey evaluating the criuise on a form that we deposit near the customer service counter on the ship.

It is not a bad survey, but needs more space to provide names of those that provide great service.

When was the last time you cruised on X Papa? Or are you filling out the attn to detail sheet? There are no more hard copies of post cruise surveys.

Edited by ORV

Is it perhaps they now have people in charge that think they have it all figured out? They really don't want our opinions anymore, it's just lip service. Otherwise they would have a survey that actually means something. Unless their IT dept can't figure out how to write one, which is a possibility.

When was the last time you cruised on X Papa? Or are you filling out the attn to detail sheet? There are no more hard copies of post cruise surveys.

I don't remember the name of the form, but it has several blocks where you evaluate service, food, entertainment, etc. Also, you have a small place to write comments on the back. We last cruised Jan 2014.

You go Celebrity. 7 days, may be a hort time, but well planned, filled it out, then contacted again to for an additional survey that lead to smiles. no onew ill know, unless they get out there and do things on time, than their time, and that is where you have to offer 14 days, not 7 days

Agree with the OP, pretty useless survey. Same type as another line we sail when they went away from the paper ones. No real opportunity for input. Has RCCL changed theirs? When we sailed with them in 2012, DH has a serious and valid safety issue and wrote it in a comment section on the online survey. Someone from corporate called within two hours. Amazing.

We almost always cruise B2B and add several days on to the end of our cruise in the destination country. That is probably why I haven't had an opportunity to fill out a full survey since they went to the online version. We use a different email address for our family when we are on holiday, so we receive important messages and do not have to deal with the rest until we reach home, so I wasn't aware that there were two different levels of survey. I looked for attention to detail cards on our recent Constellation cruise without any success. Maybe the provision of those cards is a detail that should be attended to!

Hi there,

Which is a BIG problem if someone does a independent land trip after the cruise. Seven days is insufficient!

We always do a survey evaluating the criuise on a form that we deposit near the customer service counter on the ship.

It is not a bad survey, but needs more space to provide names of those that provide great service.

I asked for this on the ship (infinity, December 2014) and was told they are no longer available. Online only. We also asked for comment cards for a few kudos for specific staff, and were told online only. ("Saving trees by going paperless.". Tell me that when I look in my cabin trash can at the endless trees killed for selling watches, bad jewelry, duty free booze, speciality restaurants, spa treatments, etc.)

Truthfully, by the time we got home after a few days in Chile, got round to the survey, I'd forgotten the names of several of the crew members. I'm sure I'm not the only passenger this has happened to.

Edited by jkgourmet

Dear Celebrity,

I find the new survey meaningless. It does not appear that you are seeking real feedback. I no longer take the time to fill it out.

And I'm not pleased that Guest Relations is so reluctant to hand out Attention to Detail cards lately. That was a great way to recognize individual staff members. Perhaps a new card--call it KUDOS! And make it readily available to all guests.