NEW Suite Upgrades....

I feel you pain. We will be on Anthem in April of 2016.

I feel even worse for you...

As long as they don't take away any benefits from GS on other classes before next September(specifically reserved pool seating and breakfast in chops) we'll be happy!!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Also wondering if, in the future, this program is rolled out fleet wide.

I have been commenting that it appeared they were 'segmenting' RCI into 3 product classes in recent months and this news seems to be in line with that concept. I had been putting Oasis and Quantum together as 'premium experience' ships.

That said, I think the fleet-wide suite benefits will be enhanced, but just might not include all the same perks and need to be classified in another way to avoid confusion.

Some of the perks like Complementary Thermal Suite, Suite only lounge and the same suite only dining options may never be able to be offered on all ships.

Thanks for the info!

I like how they did the tiers too. I was sort of afraid that GS would get downgraded a bit because it is kid of the "lowest" full suite category, but it doesn't seem that way. Majority of the time I can handle the cost of a GS, but really wouldn't want to pay anymore. I'm going to guess that the SkyClass will have perks similar to the current perks, with some new additions such as the internet and maybe drinks. The StarClass will have everything. SeaClass probably wont have much, but maybe they'll add some things.

Same boat as you. We're booked in a GS for the Harmony transatlantic. Was actually wondering if we should try to wait list for an OS, because we were afraid GS might get downgraded. Happy we can stay right where we are.

I wonder if all tier levels will get CK and suite lounge? That would be great news for JS's.

Also wondering if, in the future, there will be a new point system. Something similar to Celebrity?
I like that idea! Maybe 2 points for SeaClass, 3 for SkyClass, and 4 for StarClass???

If they did that, C&A would have to reorganize their whole tier system with new tier levels like Celebrity did. :eek: What a nightmare that could become.

Edited by cruisenfever

Teasterfamily posted that all already booked will be assigned Royal Suite class. Yet, the post does not mention such a class: only Sea, Sky and Star classes. Does anyone have knowlegde of what those of us already booked in suites and JS's will actually get?

Teasterfamily posted that all already booked will be assigned Royal Suite class. Yet, the post does not mention such a class: only Sea, Sky and Star classes. Does anyone have knowlegde of what those of us already booked in suites and JS's will actually get?

I believe Royal Suite Class is the overall name of the program that has 3 sub tiers

That basically means that if you booked a suite for after May 2016, you will receive the perks of the new program (aka Royal Suite Class), and not the current set of suite perks.

I believe Royal Suite Class is the overall name of the program that has 3 sub tiers

That is correct.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

If the new suite perks are only applied to Oasis and Quantum class I will be hugely disappointed. The current lack of meaningful perks is what has me looking around for lines with more luxuries tied to suites.:(

I hope the agent was misinformed, and the program is being rolled out on those 6 ships first, but will be incorporated across the fleet.

If the new suite perks are only applied to Oasis and Quantum class I will be hugely disappointed. The current lack of meaningful perks is what has me looking around for lines with more luxuries tied to suites.:(

I hope the agent was misinformed, and the program is being rolled out on those 6 ships first, but will be incorporated across the fleet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but my guess is that O and Q Class are the "starting points". If the new programs is successful, it will be extended to other ships in the fleet.

That really hasn't been announced as of yet, but might be revealed today at the Virtuoso Event in LV. Just remember that the Royal Suite Program is only going to apply to those eligible cabins in Quantum and Oasis class ships beginning May of 2016.

I simply think that Oasis and Quantum Class have the facilities for a roll out of the full Royal Suite Class.

It would be difficult to roll out the same exact program on ships that do not have a Coastal Kitchen, a spa Thermal Suite nor a dedicated suite only lounge or separate suite sun deck.

Benefits such as covering onboard gratuities, all-inclusive beverages and complementary high-speed internet could easily be rolled out fleet wide if they choose.

It would seem the Oasis and Quantum offering is there to gain competitive advantage with NCL and MSC.

Norwegian only offers 'The Haven' on 8 of their 14 ships. MSC only offers the Yacht Club on their future ships along with 4 of their existing 12 ships.

Yep, I was thinking that right after I posted. People would be moving through the C&A tiers wayyyy to fast.

I expect that the levels would be adjusted. Probably, the only ones that would accelerate through the system are the members paying big bucks for the more expensive cabins and those are the folks that RCCL most likely wants returning for future cruises.

The D, D+ and P who book the cheaper cabins and enjoy all the great benefits (that they earned) are not a great revenue source.

Edited by Don Pedro

Royal Suite Class is the name of the new rollout with 3 tiers; Star, Sky, and Sea.... maybe we might know today about how categorized after that event.... i know starting september 8, is when you can start booking for suite class or something like that...september 8 is a date she threw out at me, which didnt matter since i was already booked...sorry cant remember exactly what she said about that date.

:eek::eek: Unless you have written proof of this, I think this is a very unfair statement to make.:(

Didn't mean to infer that all D, D+ and P members were a poor revenue source. I am a P member, book suites and spend money at the bar and specialty restaurants. But, I certainly know several members who spend little, if any thing, besides the cruise fare. Their evening ends when the last free drink is served. I am not implying they are doing anything wrong, they are just not a good revenue source.

Edited by Don Pedro

:eek::eek: Unless you have written proof of this, I think this is a very unfair statement to make.:(

He did not state "all". He was simply referring to those that did. Have met my fair share that fall into this category but also met many that do not. Very fair statement by OP.

Delete..additional comment

Edited by looking4info

Norwegian only offers 'The Haven' on 8 of their 14 ships. MSC only offers the Yacht Club on their future ships along with 4 of their existing 12 ships.

Yes, but they now offer free dining and beverage package on all ships Haven or no Haven.

The ships that only have a CL that is for suite, P, and D+ are the ships that this addition to the suite program should really be rolled out on I'm thinking. And why not give suite guests free access to the few 'pay for' dining venues available on the other, smaller ships!

I simply think that Oasis and Quantum Class have the facilities for a roll out of the full Royal Suite Class.

It would be difficult to roll out the same exact program on ships that do not have a Coastal Kitchen, a spa Thermal Suite nor a dedicated suite only lounge or separate suite sun deck.

Benefits such as covering onboard gratuities, all-inclusive beverages and complementary high-speed internet could easily be rolled out fleet wide if they choose.

It would seem the Oasis and Quantum offering is there to gain competitive advantage with NCL and MSC.

Since Quantum and Anthem do not currently have a Suite Lounge will they be changing the CL to a Suite Lounge and have D+ join D in the Diamond Lounge?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise