Navigator - dress code actually enforced!

The point of the OP's post is that Royal is 'inconsistent' in their enforcement of the dress code -- and the inconsistency was based on the personal experiences he had in the past.

It wasn't that he could not read, nor understand.....but based his packing on what he had experienced prior.

I really dont understand what part of this ^ some are having trouble comprehending. It seemed pretty clear to me. But in true Cruise Critic fashion, he will be blasted for just trying to help his fellow cruisers. its the CC way! :rolleyes:

Edited by ryano

Agreed fatPaul.

They were told in advance,

they saw the sign's outside the restaurant,

they ignore the policy of the cruise line,

and now they have become the "victims" and the "Poor Me" scenario, with the added touch of "I don't want You to get caught also"

What a load of nonsense.

Awful behavior, and certainly not the Cruise Lines Fault

I would be embarrassed if this happened to me, not plastering it all over Cruise Critic.

Shame on You.

Shame I say.

Love the reasons for your edits.

#1 Lynn is mad at this women

#2 Lynn is mad GO LYNN

I agree with one this you wrote. Lynn is mad.

Vent all you want but your anger is not just with this women, there is way more to it.

you know I don't have lot of empathy for the 'but, but it's always been not enforced' attitude

it's policy. who cares if it is not policed/enforced every single time on every single ship on every single itinerary.

people who respect themselves, their fellow cruisers and the cruise line should ABIDE BY THE POLICT REGARDLESS OF ENFORCEMENT.

the Military has a saying: Integrity is doing the right thing even if no one is watching.

If RCL tries to tighten up the supposed "dress code" now, the MDR servers will rise in unison to revolt. After all, they are the ones that consistently tell patrons to "come as you are".

Relax, guys. You will not be turned away by wearing a pair of Dockers and a decent button shirt or polo. And that goes for any night of the cruise.

This doesn't sound to be like enforcement of the dress code as they're not enforcing the suggested dress of the evening. This simply sounds as if they enforcing "minimum standards" of dress.

For some reason, I always thought t-shirts and shorts were band from the main dining room. I've only worn them once to the main dining room on a Disney ship mainly because we got back late from a ship's excursion and didn't have time to change; went straight to the MDR after washing my hands in the public restroom onboard.

What's next? Enforcement of no wet swim attire and cover-ups in the buffet?

In all seriousness, I do appreciate you posting this as I do think some may be unprepared even for this minimum level of enforcement given past experiences. I know my packing has gotten lighter as a consequence. I no longer pack a suit, for instance, and rely on a long sleeve dress shirt and tie for formal night now.

I really dont understand what part of this ^ some are having trouble comprehending. It seemed pretty clear to me. But in true Cruise Critic fashion, he will be blasted for just trying to help his fellow cruisers. its the CC way! :rolleyes:

I'm with you there. I shake my head sometimes over how some CC'ers behave around here. It was a simple, straightforward post by the OP passing along some information. I guess the Dress Code crowd haven't had a good dust up for a while.:rolleyes:

How hard is it to pack a few pair of Dockers and dress shirts. Add a few ties and a blazer and you too can comply with the dress code.

It wouldn't be bad on a shorty but on a seven day, I might have to leave one of my tuxes home. :D

Weird that they are suddenly enforcing 'no shorts'. I can't see it lasting.

It won't last, or at least it won't be consistent. I think that's the problem. Either change the official dress code to allow shorts or make an official announcement that the rules will be enforced 100% of the time. When it varies from ship to ship, week to week, or maître d' to maître d' it just creates confusion and debate.

We do, and we always have. I guess we're just nonsensical.:p

FWIW, I have never seen many, if any, people in shorts at dinner, and the bulk of our cruises have been from Galveston.

I don't pay a lot of attention to what others are wearing, but I do have a couple pet peeves...one is ball caps in the dining room, and the other is people in the Windjammer without cover-ups.:rolleyes: That said, I must be an old fuddy-duddy, because I just don't think it's all that difficult to throw in a couple pairs of Dockers and some golf or tropical shirts.

I'm very happy to see a policy (any policy!) enforced! Maybe chair hogs are next!:D;):D

I am nonsensical also. I think you can never be overdressed for dinner. My opinion. IOS in February was doing a great job of keeping the chair hogs at bay, FYI. I hope it is something that spreads fleet wide.

Agreed fatPaul.

and now they have become the "victims" and the "Poor Me" scenario, with the added touch of "I don't want You to get caught also"

What a load of nonsense.

I would be embarrassed if this happened to me, not plastering it all over Cruise Critic.

Shame on You.

Shame I say.

Me thinks Lynn's Knickers are in a knot.

Sometimes, dress code is enforced, sometimes its not.

Sometimes you can bring your own water and soda on, sometimes you can not.

Sometimes, you get away with reserving that pool lounger, sometimes you don't.

Sometimes you can save theater seats, sometimes you can not.

Most people only follow the rules they choose to and Royal lets many get away with not following them at all.

No consistency-not the passengers fault. Many that post here will even tell you , Ahh-they won't enforce it, go ahead, and on another thread they are screaming bloody murder how dare you with another topic!!

Gotta love CC!!:D

Agreed fatPaul.

What a load of nonsense.

Shame on You.

Shame I say.

If wearing shorts to dinner is "Awful behavior" which someone should be "shamed" for, I shudder to think how you would deal with true adversity or awfulness in your life. Must be nice to live such a privileged existence that allows you to be so judgemental about something so infinitely trivial!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

We do, and we always have. I guess we're just nonsensical.:p

FWIW, I have never seen many, if any, people in shorts at dinner, and the bulk of our cruises have been from Galveston.

I don't pay a lot of attention to what others are wearing, but I do have a couple pet peeves...one is ball caps in the dining room, and the other is people in the Windjammer without cover-ups.:rolleyes: That said, I must be an old fuddy-duddy, because I just don't think it's all that difficult to throw in a couple pairs of Dockers and some golf or tropical shirts.

I'm very happy to see a policy (any policy!) enforced! Maybe chair hogs are next!:D;):D

I have seen people in shorts at dinner (and not on the first night, when people may not have gotten their luggage yet). It doesn't ruin my dinner experience -- and I fully understand the dress code (and personally abide by it).

I will share an annoying experience that happened to me, regarding wearing a coverup in WJ.....I was on my way into the WJ wearing a coverup and was stopped -- because my coverup I suppose did not look like a coverup. The shoulder straps were totally inline with my bathing suit top and it had an elastic waist and short skirt (that maybe could have looked like a bathing suit bottom). When I explained that I was wearing a coverup, I was told "No, that isn't enough, your shoulders need to be covered". I was a very new cruiser at the time, and returned to my pool chair and went to my cabin to get a t-shirt.

I can tell you that if that happens now, as a more experienced cruiser, I would politely say "But your code doesn't say my shoulders need to be covered " or - "but men walk into the WJ with uncovered shoulders and what looks like bathing suits ALL THE TIME".

But did the experience ruin my cruise or cause me to get annoyed at the cruise line....no....it actually has reminded me, how different things are meant....and clarity of communication is important -- ALL AROUND.

Exactly what is considered "short" pants. I have a pair nice polyester pants from 1977. They are short pants, but since I have shrunk a few inches, believe they now qualify as long. Tape measure anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be fine, just wear knee high socks so it all blends together.

Nothing wrong with shorts at dinner. Every cruise I see lots of women in shorts, and some even in very short shorts (not complaining). This isn't Cunard. RCI uses a selective double standard that is quite sexist and getting pretty old.

I have seen people in shorts at dinner (and not on the first night, when people may not have gotten their luggage yet). It doesn't ruin my dinner experience -- and I fully understand the dress code (and personally abide by it).

I will share an annoying experience that happened to me, regarding wearing a coverup in WJ.....I was on my way into the WJ wearing a coverup and was stopped -- because my coverup I suppose did not look like a coverup. The shoulder straps were totally inline with my bathing suit top and it had an elastic waist and short skirt (that maybe could have looked like a bathing suit bottom). When I explained that I was wearing a coverup, I was told "No, that isn't enough, your shoulders need to be covered". I was a very new cruiser at the time, and returned to my pool chair and went to my cabin to get a t-shirt.

I can tell you that if that happens now, as a more experienced cruiser, I would politely say "But your code doesn't say my shoulders need to be covered " or - "but men walk into the WJ with uncovered shoulders and what looks like bathing suits ALL THE TIME".

But did the experience ruin my cruise or cause me to get annoyed at the cruise line....no....it actually has reminded me, how different things are meant....and clarity of communication is important -- ALL AROUND.

My aversion has more to do with cleanliness than shoulders covered!:) Let's just say I've seen people in the food line who really needed to take a couple minutes to clean up first!:eek:

is that difficult for grown men to wear their big boy pants to the MDR:p

What do you care what other people are wearing. Can't you mind your own business? Clearly someone who uses terms like "big boy pants" has no respect for other people, only judges books by their covers.