Navigator - dress code actually enforced!

No "Dress Code" thread would be complete if it didn't hit 100 posts so I'll help out a little more.:D

And the beat goes on...............:)

We need a combination Dress Code tread and remove the tip tread to break all records

This thread is so funny. How many people state that wearing shorts was the majority, but yet on all the RCCL I've been on, you barely see anyone wearing shorts. Even the short cruises.

Adult men should learn to be adults. It's not hard to wear pants when eating. No one needs to hold hands, and tell you what is appropriate. You already know it.

I live in the tropics. I wear pants every day. The outside temperature today is 82. I am wearing pants. Just because it is "hot" does not mean you can do what you want.

Yes, if I am dressed appropriately, and one of my table mates decides to come in wearing shorts, t-shirt and a baseball cap, it is annoying. It's a sign of disrepect.

I fell in love with my physical therapist the past two months, but I'm all better now and she broke up with me yesterday...........:D

I feel your pain buddy.:(

I'm still lamenting over my love lost. We could have made it work. OK, she was 24ish and I was only 9 but a mature and sophisticated 9 year old. ;) I

Why do people care what other people wear?

As long as you're clean I don't care what you wear. Dress codes are rather silly. Clothes are clothes. Why is anyone feeling disrespected?

What a very silly post.

Your Bud

Edited by laura Bra

I feel your pain buddy.:(

I'm still lamenting over my love lost. We could have made it work. OK, she was 24ish and I was only 9 but a mature and sophisticated 9 year old. ;) I

At least we're adding a bit of humor to yet another dreaded "dress code thread"........:)

As long as you're clean I don't care what you wear. Dress codes are rather silly. Clothes are clothes. Why is anyone feeling disrespected?

When they sit down, it's not like you are looking under tables to see what is on their legs anyway:D

I live in the tropics. I wear pants every day. The outside temperature today is 82. I am wearing pants. Just because it is "hot" does not mean you can do what you want.

I live in the North. It was plus 2C the other morning. I wore shorts outside. For me wearing long pants in the tropics would be like you going outside with a light jacket on in -5C temperatures. I could, and do, do it because I'm used to the cold. I am not used to the heat.

I've said this before, I've been to many very nice restaurants in the Caribbean and wore shorts. I find it amusing that Royal sometimes require men to wear long pants to a second rate restaurant (the MDR) for cruises in the tropics. If that's the cruise line's rule so be it. It's idiotic but I can play along.

I said sometimes above because this was the whole point of this thread in the first place, only to have the Fashion Police zealots hijack it into a long pants crusade. :rolleyes:

I don't believe OP's post at all. I think OP is just being creative in starting another dress code thread, knowing it is always a hot button in cruise critic.

OP, prove it. Take 10 minutes out and stand by the dining room entrance and shoot a 15 second video by the entrance to the dining room where they turn people away.

Sorry, but I just do not believe this at all.

When they sit down, it's not like you are looking under tables to see what is on their legs anyway:D

So I guess you have a Flintstones Guide to Clothes too? Or whatever the other poster was going on about

No problem at all.

As long as you are aware that having a Flintstones guide to clothes is not applicable to this discussion.

This is adult talk here.

Since you love rules so much, I'm sure this board has rules about directly insulting another poster.

If they don't remind me to come back and toss some second rate insults your way. Seems to be your style.

If that's the cruise line's rule so be it. It's idiotic but I can play along. ........................... only to have the Fashion Police zealots hijack it into a long pants crusade. :rolleyes:

Its the cruise lines policy which the OP was aware of before She and her Family went on a cruise. She mentioned that there was a sign informing her of this at the main entrance to the Main Dining Room, which She and Her Family choose to ignore and decide that it did not apply to them.

The Cruise Lines are way too old fashioned about dress policy, I agree with this, but however as the guidelines were already known to the OP, why then all the frantic posting on CC ?

As mentioned already, I would be embarrassed if it happened to any of my family and posting it on CC for the world to see would be the last thing on my mind.

Finding clean pants would be the first !!!

We are on board Navigator this week. There's a sign as you walk in to the main dining room stating no shorts, tank tops or bare feet are allowed in the dining room. We figured that was directed at the spring break college kids but after dinner the first night our server told us that if my husband showed up in shorts again that he would be turned away. I'm glad they are enforcing the dress code but they really should tell people before they are already packed and on the ship. In 5 cruises out of Galveston, this is the first time they are enforcing it.

Its the cruise lines policy which the OP was aware of before She and her Family went on a cruise. She mentioned that there was a sign informing her of this at the main entrance to the Main Dining Room, which She and Her Family choose to ignore and decide that it did not apply to them.

In 5 cruises the cruise line did not enforce their own rule, now they are. That was the OP's point. In fact she's 'glad' they are enforcing it but would like to have had advanced notice of the change in policy.

I teach economics for fun at our local college and with the Final exam coming up soon students are emailing me asking what to study for and for tips on how to do well on it. The first thing I tell them is to read the question, understand the question, and answer the question asked, not the question they wanted me to ask. ;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Since you love rules so much, I'm sure this board has rules about directly insulting another poster.

If they don't remind me to come back and toss some second rate insults your way. Seems to be your style.

I am sorry if you feel offended by my remarks.

She mentioned that there was a sign informing her of this at the main entrance to the Main Dining Room, which She and Her Family choose to ignore and decide that it did not apply to them.

Yeah, and, so? They paid to be on vacation. Wearing something that is 12-24 inches shorter than down to your ankle, big deal. Doesn't hurt anyone. Doesn't cut into anyones wallet. It's such a trivial thing to get worked up over. It's not a health and safety issue. It's not something that costs others money. It's not something that's anyone elses business really. And it's downright silly to "require" long pants on a vacation to the Caribbean. Wear pants if you want to wear pants. Wear shorts if you want to wear shorts. If they want to drag "tradition" out until it it just beaten to a pulp, fine, require pants on formal nights. Other than that let people do what they want and it will end this ridiculous argument.

For me it is not so much about what people wear. It is about people knowing what is expected, signing a contract stating that you agree to follow the stated expectations and then feeling somehow wronged when confronted for not abiding to what was agreed prior to boarding. Enforcement has no issue in the matter. The cruise lines do not have a contract with the customers that states they have to enforce all stated policies. I personally don't care if you wear a thong and flip-flops to dinner but don't complain when they ask you to change. If one was forced to cruise and it was not a free will choice, there may be an argument.

Yeah, and, so? They paid to be on vacation. Wearing something that is 12-24 inches shorter than down to your ankle, big deal. Doesn't hurt anyone. Doesn't cut into anyones wallet. It's such a trivial thing to get worked up over. It's not a health and safety issue. It's not something that costs others money. It's not something that's anyone elses business really. And it's downright silly to "require" long pants on a vacation to the Caribbean. Wear pants if you want to wear pants. Wear shorts if you want to wear shorts. If they want to drag "tradition" out until it it just beaten to a pulp, fine, require pants on formal nights. Other than that let people do what they want and it will end this ridiculous argument.

like%20button_full.png

, signing a contract stating that you agree to follow the stated expectations t.

I dont recall seeing any mention of a dress suggestion, code or anything else related to dress in that contract. Maybe I need to go read it again?

I do not and will not EVER consider shorts in the main dining room. To get this worked up as some do over what others do is ludicrous though. Its none of my business. Shorts wearing people would gladly be welcomed at my table even if Im in a tux. I dont feel disrespected in the least.

IMHO, its past time Royal Caribbean either enforces this rule fleetwide or do away with it altogether.

Edited by ryano

To get this worked up as some do over what others do is ludicrous though. Its none of my business. Shorts wearing people would gladly be welcomed at my table even if Im in a tux. I dont feel disrespected in the least.

That like button you posted above....slide it over here!!! :)

I'm glad they are enforcing the dress code but they really should tell people before they are already packed and on the ship. .

Even though this was answered in 10 &25 I will add that they do tell you

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

If not prepared its not a CC problem nor a RCI problem, but lies with you

Edited by setsail

I dont recall seeing any mention of a dress suggestion code or anything else related to dress in that contract. Maybe I need to go read it again?

You do. There is a section that explicitly states the expectation of the passenger to follow laws, rules and company policies. Their policies are easily accessible on the website. Like, I said, I don't care what people wear to dinner. Just quit complaining when rules are enforced. Too many people sign things without reading them. When signing you are taking responsibility for what it states.

Why are 'golf shorts' and 'golf shirts' acceptable? Has the MDR become the local fairway? Is Tiger Woods hosting an event, doubtful?

Don't want to pack long pants? Fair enough, but don't plan on visiting many resorts in the Caribbean for a land based vacation because there you will be turned away from many of the on site al a carte restaurants if a gentleman isn't wearing long pants and closed toed shoes.

JMHO, bravo to RCI for enforcing the suggested dress code.