prices per day on average

I hear people here talk about per day prices on average.

What may I ask do you all think is a fair/average price per day for a balcony D1 or D2 for cost + taxes,port charges only. No grats added for now.

Thanks

On a typical 7 day Caribbean cruise, not in summer or holiday, I look for $100pp/day for a balcony stateroom.

Same here but that is before taxes and port fees for me.

I up that to $125 per person per day for the Oasis class ships- also not summer or holidays

You originally didn't mention what itinerary, which ship, what month, length of cruise. There are so many variables. If its a new ship, its way more. If its more than a 12 night cruise, it may be less. If its an Alaskan or Bermuda cruise its more expensive. If you find cabins just a few weeks out, it can be very cheap.

February, assuming you are doing the Caribbean. School is in session, so you should be able to get a decent price.

You originally didn't mention what itinerary, which ship, what month, length of cruise. There are so many variables. If its a new ship, its way more. If its more than a 12 night cruise, it may be less. If its an Alaskan or Bermuda cruise its more expensive. If you find cabins just a few weeks out, it can be very cheap.

February, assuming you are doing the Caribbean. School is in session, so you should be able to get a decent price.

Many New England schools have February break...

I am looking at freedom 21st feb.2016 7 day eastern.

Balcony d1 or d2

Thanks

That is the week after most school vacations in the Northeast and before the Maritime provinces, but still high season. I would expect at least $175 plus per person per day. I got an aft balcony for 10 days for the beginning of February on the Serenade of the Seas for $130 pp/pd including taxes and port charges. I know that includes the Emerald balcony discount. However, the price has gone up almost $1400 since we booked. I just did a dummy booking and was shocked.

Everybody seems to shoot for low prices but do you get them.??

I have one cruise under my belt with RCI, so I am not getting a big discount.

Doing a mock up for a balcony D1, freedom of the seas, feb 21,2016 can anyone find anything even in the ballpark of 100.00 to 150.00 dollars a night.:D

I hear people here talk about per day prices on average.

What may I ask do you all think is a fair/average price per day for a balcony D1 or D2 for cost + taxes,port charges only. No grats added for now.

Thanks

IMHO, this is not a good way to look at cost per day. You really need to look at your total projected expenditures for the entire time away from home - door to door.

If you've ever thought about upgrading to a premium or luxury cruise line, you might shy away if the cost per day figure you were using was only "cabin cost." That cost on a premium or luxury line would be misleading in a comparison with mass market lines because of everything that's included in that "cabin" price, including all or some combination of airfare, specialty restaurants, beverages, alcohol, excursions, gratuities, internet and OBC (including TA OBC).

So, I suggest that you look at all of your projected expenses door to door and divide that by itinerary days for a true daily cost. Then, even if only for the science, compare what you find on mass market lines with, at least, a premium line like Oceania.

Lastly, when you look at whatever is the remaining daily difference, think about what any remaining extra cost on a premium or luxury line will NOT get you:

Incessant announcements, mediocre food, hordes of people, nickel/diming, bothersome photogs, art shows (the list goes on).

Bottom line: with the right itinerary and TA, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I agree about flexibility. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are historically slow booking times and tend to be relatively good bargains. ANd not many kids either. Since I usually cruise on my b/day which is December 4th, I am usually very happy with the prices I can snag for that time of year. And the ships are decorated or being decorated. Great tie to cruise if you can get that time off. We just got a Royal Family Suite for 2 for well under $400 pp including taxes and fees. A balcony was about $100/person/day.

On a typical 7 day Caribbean cruise, not in summer or holiday, I look for $100pp/day for a balcony stateroom.

Me too! Have not been able to find one at that price on Royal for almost a year now!

I booked adventure in feb for feb2016....all in $ 1411....for both of us and $100 obc....thought that was a great deal and makes up for the extra to fly from ne to sju....much higher now....I hear folks griping about the bogo but it worked great for us...

Except for the Allure, Oasis and Europe, I have never paid more than $100 per day including all taxes and fees but not gratuities. I am very flexible so I go when I can find the best deals. I have the fall transatlantic on the Allure and a B2B on the same ship starting the end of November. They all are in oceanview balconies, with the TA running about $80 a night and the B2B running about $110 per night. All are taxes and fees included.

Wish we could get a balcony for $100 our last cruise on Radiance from Sydney Aus to Noumea was $260pp per day for a D1 cabin that is with balcony discount and no gratuities

Edited by chester32

Everybody seems to shoot for low prices but do you get them.??

I have one cruise under my belt with RCI, so I am not getting a big discount.

Doing a mock up for a balcony D1, freedom of the seas, feb 21,2016 can anyone find anything even in the ballpark of 100.00 to 150.00 dollars a night.:D

The issue is that most folks here are talking about ANY balcony while you are talking about a D1 which is the most expensive cabin below a suite. You could have large variations within the balcony category, all the way down to the X GTY category. If D1s ever get down to the talked about $100pp/day, it would be after final payment on a huge sale. If you insist on a D1 then be prepared to pay higher prices.

BTW, the pricing graph is from a price tracking site and is the average price for the entire RCI fleet - it is just a very general guide of past prices.

Let me know if you find that these days!;)

just about any TA will be under $100

19 Apr 2015 / Allure OTS / 12 Nt Transatlantic Fort Lauderdale to Spain

(that one went down to $624 so getting close to $50pppd under with diamond discount.

Explorer has some in OCt.

5,12 Dec Monarch

Nov Splendour Suez.

Dec Navigator

There are a few others

Wish we could get a balcony for $100 our last cruise on Radiance from Sydney Aus to Noumea was $260pp per day for a D1 cabin that is with balcony discount and no gratuities

Last minute rates on Rhapsody this year for 11 nights Pacific in a Junior suite were down to $1500 PP. That is under $150pp per day AUS. That was without a balcony discount.

Insides have been down close to $50pp per day on a few RCL cruises out of Australia this year.