Harmony of the Seas- No Concierge Lounge?

(hope this information isn't a repeat)

Looking over the deck plans for Harmony of the Seas, I noticed on deck 17 there is a Suite Lounge and the Diamond Club is on deck 4. They will probably remove Diamond Plus and higher access to the Suite Lounge. The Diamond Club seems to be connected to the Jazz Club which I guess will be for the overflow.

I heard rumor about separating the two.

Looking over the deck plans for Harmony of the Seas, I noticed on deck 17 there is a Suite Lounge and the Diamond Club is on deck 4. They will probably remove Diamond Plus and higher access to the Suite Lounge. The Diamond Club seems to be connected to the Jazz Club which I guess will be for the overflow.

There is no CL on Harmony.

Suites Lounge on deck 17 is for full suite guests and Pinnacle C&A.

Diamond Club is for Diamond and higher C&A.

In case you haven't heard, the CL is gone from the Oasis and will be eliminated from the Allure during the upcoming drydock.

Not happy banned from the C-Lounge as a diamond. Now getting booted from the renamed C-Lounge the new suite lounge. Sorry not happy about the new changes. No reason to get to D+.

1- the c- lounge has not been renamed as the suite lounge

2-no one is booted from the suite lounge, all are welcome if you book a full suite or are P

Not happy banned from the C-Lounge as a diamond. Now getting booted from the renamed C-Lounge the new suite lounge. Sorry not happy about the new changes. No reason to get to D+.

umm Ds NEVER had access to the CL unless they were in a suite.

the CL is D+ and Pinnacle plus anyone in a suite regardless of status

Actually, that's not true.

How do you mean?

CL on all other ships (and was on O and A) is for Suite guests, for D+ and for Pinnacle. D have not been admitted (with out sneeking etc) for many years.

Raina

Edited by AussieVisi2r

D+s won't have access to SL but can access CL's on ships that have them. D's will still have access to DL and drink coupons. Far too many D's to contemplate allowing access to CL.

Shows how good my recollection is:)

Found this from 2009

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3174

So long ago I couldn't remember :)!!!!

Edited by Spurschick

Not sure what year they got booted, but Diamonds used to be allowed in the CL. It was before we made diamond. I know they had CL access in 2007.

You are correct. D were in the CL before the last major change to the scheme quite a few years ago.

Raina

How do you mean?

CL on all other ships (and was on O and A) is for Suite guests, for D+ and for Pinnacle. D were never admitted (with out sneeking etc).

Raina

D was allowed in C-Lounge some years ago. When D's lost access, RCI added the Diamond Event and started building D-Lounges. This latest change is definitely a step back for D-Plus.

Not sure what year they got booted, but Diamonds used to be allowed in the CL. It was before we made diamond. I know they had CL access in 2007.

Did we meet you last December on Jewel? I remember a Wendy & Peter; was that you?

I knew Bob would have the exact date. Predicted then that it would only be a matter of time before D+ were similarly booted. RCI is doing it a bit differently by eliminating the CL completely. Maybe hoping for less of an outcry.

If you look at the deck plans the old Concierge Lounge is going to be Wonderland.

It does look like the overflow for the Diamond Club will be in the Jazz lounge.

Not really that big a deal. I loved the CL on Oasis and Allure for the breakfast and lunches, not to mention the view vs. the Diamond Club. Sorry to see it go. But for the nightly happy hour the drinks and appetizers are the same. So as much as I hate to lose the option of a CL since I tend to go there more often due to crowds, it's not all that big a deal.

How do you mean?

CL on all other ships (and was on O and A) is for Suite guests, for D+ and for Pinnacle. D have not been admitted (with out sneeking etc) for many years.

Raina

D's used to be allowed in the CL lounge:rolleyes: You just said so yourself!

I know 'both lounges are the same' but not if your travel buddies are in a suite!

Raina

It's never really made sense to have 2 nearly identical lounges, when both are under-utilized during the day, and over-utilized in the evening.

They should simplify things and just create a single lounge with overflow in the evenings in one of the other venues. It's a much better use of space, and keeps things much simpler. If they want to provide a concierge to gold-pass holders, they certainly can do so in a combined lounge.