Upgrade Fairy lives.

BillOh

That's great Bill! I'm curious how they handle your checked bags.

Freedom procedures may be different, but when we were upgraded from a balcony to a junior suite on Enchantment recently, the woman who checked us in advised us to tell our cabin steward our original cabin assignment. He quickly retrieved our luggage and brought it to us.

I know you were asking someone else, but I so seldom have an answer I just had to be a smart alec.

Margy

Freedom procedures may be different, but when we were upgraded from a balcony to a junior suite on Enchantment recently, the woman who checked us in advised us to tell our cabin steward our original cabin assignment. He quickly retrieved our luggage and brought it to us.

I know you were asking someone else, but I so seldom have an answer I just had to be a smart alec.

Margy

I appreciate the info Margy.:)

That's great Bill! I'm curious how they handle your checked bags.

Bob -

We were upgraded a few days prior to a sailing and I guess the person in our new cabin also was upgraded but did not know it prior to dropping of their checked bags. Their bags were left in our cabin since they had the old tags. We left their bags outside our door and notified guest services.

I hope Bill checks his old cabin if he has no luggage.

Oh - Congrats Bill - send the upgrade fairy to me!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

• 1 month later...
Bob -

We were upgraded a few days prior to a sailing and I guess the person in our new cabin also was upgraded but did not know it prior to dropping of their checked bags. Their bags were left in our cabin since they had the old tags. We left their bags outside our door and notified guest services.

I hope Bill checks his old cabin if he has no luggage.

Oh - Congrats Bill - send the upgrade fairy to me!

M

I just don't get it. I've been begging for an upsell from D1 to JS in June. $2200. :eek::mad::banghead:

Hi Everyone, we had such a great cruise and I had so many messages and threads to catch up on, I forgot I started this thread while still sitting in the suite check in area at the port! :D

I think this was a very last minute thing. I had checked my reservation 48 hours ahead and we were still in D1 9342. It turned out another couple form our roll call in 9344 had to cancel last minute due to a death in the family. There were several people just in our roll call that made reservations and canceled. The guy who had our new room was Diamond Plus and his name was John.

The check in agent told us to go directly to Guest Services and tell them of our new room assignment. Apparently they are supposed to send an ALLSTAFF message to let the appropriate people know. We learned later from the Next Cruise Rep that this never happened. She did this for us and got our WOW card.

The last minute change did cause us some issues, but in the long run it was worth it. We would have never got our soda package drink cups. I'm positive they showed up in our original room. They kept telling me to wait, but I talked a girl on the promenade out of them. We had to call at 8pm that night and they brought up our luggage.

Oh, the biggest issue for me was all cruise we never got things in our room we should have like the Welcome back invitations and the Meet and Mingle notification. That one hurt as I started the roll call 500 days before and they changed the time to 30 minutes later. I showed up as everyone was leaving. (I was in Guest Services during the actual event. They ended up having 2 welcome back parties and we went to both of them. Wednesday was Emerald, Plat and gold. Thursday was Diamond and above. FRiends told us about both. We turned Diamond (technically after the cruise) one night into our trip. Now I just have to wait another 300 days to my first official Diamond Cruise.

Edited by BillOh

We sail the Baltic Sea on board Brilliance OTS in 3 weeks and have recieved an email saying we've been upgraded from our inside guarantee to, wait for it...

an E1 Balcony! :D:D:D

We, too, will officially be Diamond C&A members after this cruise.

The times we've been upgraded at check-in, I've just kept checking the old cabin assignment until all checked luggage arrived.

I know, more work......but I certainly needed the excercise and really don't trust communications between departments.

Not a big deal! ;)

We sail the Baltic Sea on board Brilliance OTS in 3 weeks and have recieved an email saying we've been upgraded from our inside guarantee to, wait for it...

an E1 Balcony! :D:D:D

We, too, will officially be Diamond C&A members after this cruise.

Wow!! Awesome!

I read this and then went to check on my upcoming Greece cruise. My inside guarantee is still an inside.... But it's a LARGE inside! I'm sure I will appreciate the extra square feet (if I can find them!)

Has anyone ever been upgraded from an aft balcony cabin or do they pretty much leave those alone since they are so coveted? We've got 1400 booked on the Indy in a few months. I am petrified that this will be the one and only time the Upgrade Fairy will visit us and I don't want her to. Lol! I've got my preferences set to no auto upgrades. Just wanted to see if anyone's heard of upgrades from the afts.

Edited by monorail81

Has anyone ever been upgraded from an aft balcony cabin or do they pretty much leave those alone since they are so coveted? We've got 1400 booked on the Indy in a few months. I am petrified that this will be the one and only time the Upgrade Fairy will visit us and I don't want her to. Lol! I've got my preferences set to no auto upgrades. Just wanted to see if anyone's heard of upgrades from the afts.

Call C&A and have them put "No Upgrade" in your booking notes.

We have 38 cruises with RC and the upgrade fairy has never visited us either but I keep hoping she will some day. We did get a very nice upgrade on our 2 cruise with Princess about 4 years ago. We booked an inside cabin and got upgraded 3 times and ended up with an aft balcony cabin. What a great surprise that was. Now if only RC could so something like that for us.

Yes they do!! But sadly none for me in 29 RCCL cruises. :(