Sky Suites getting Michael's Club access?

cle-guy

This is actully the 2014 version and I assume is an old link they haven't updated yet :mad:. If you look below at the links on the same page( celebritycruises.com/captains-club/news-letters )

This is what you get....

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/2d1c5aa2#/2d1c5aa2/18

see above ^^.

We were posting at the same time:)

I actually prefer a more lively setting in the club. When I walk by and there's only a couple of people in there, I continue on. Generally I swing by pre-dinner for a drink and see what's happening and in the morning grab a bloody mary. Depending not eh programing the concierge sets up I may come to the mid-day functions.

But on my TA, the concierge for example tried to host a trivia contest for his guests, and not a single person showed. Had there been a larger audience to invite, likely his efforts would have had better success. He rescheduled it for another afternoon, and I'm not sure if that time anyone came or not.

I'd spend more time and enjoy my cruise more if there were more people in there enjoying the space and each other's company. But for the dinner rush, it often feels more like a funeral home with its gloomy silence. Which of course can be said for many spaces on the ship - Cellar Masters, Rondezvous etc.

I would enjoy "running amok" with those "junior suite" dwellers.

Trekker? :D

Never would have guessed. ;)

LOL....and I was thinking of the original Star Trek episode "Time Amok" Imagine if people started succumbing to the Pon Farr in Michaels Club????

Sorry. I couldnt resist.

"Allowing a bunch of guests from junior suites to run amok in MC will simply degrades and cheapens the space"

My husband and I have booked a sky suite this summer and I can assure the Poster of this comment that we would certainly not be running amok in Michaels club should we have access to it!!! Very disappointing to hear this is what several senior executives think of us passengers in Sky Suites :(

This is actually the 2014 version and I assume is an old link they haven't updated yet :mad:. If you look below at the links on the same page( celebritycruises.com/captains-club/news-letters )

This is what you get....

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/2d1c5aa2#/2d1c5aa2/18

Having now read the literature, I have to laugh at the part where "you will see the same dish only once". I am sure that when this beds in there will be 14 daily menus just like in Blu and in a couple of years - we have 6 cruises booked over that time in suite class- we will be as bored with the "sameness" as we are with Blu and the specialty restaurants. We haven't been in the MDR enough to be bored with it - in fact we found it a welcome change when we tried it on our last cruise.

Gordon

Having now read the literature, I have to laugh at the part where "you will see the same dish only once". I am sure that when this beds in there will be 14 daily menus just like in Blu and in a couple of years - we have 6 cruises booked over that time in suite class- we will be as bored with the "sameness" as we are with Blu and the specialty restaurants. We haven't been in the MDR enough to be bored with it - in fact we found it a welcome change when we tried it on our last cruise.

Gordon

Well, it was nice to see the newsletter since Celebrity can't be bothered to send it to me.

I love that they're alleging that there will be breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Luminae when everyone who has sailed so far has said it isn't so.

Dear Celebrity: You've got it backwards. You over promise and under deliver. Try under promising and over delivering and see what a difference that makes to your loyal customers.

I decided to look at the new spring news letter from X. It does say Our 6 types of suites all have their own style. You will have access to Michael`s lounge. Does not mention except sky suites. I could see where some Sky suite guests would be upset to be denied access.

But it does have that section in blue "What's in a name" which states " to learn more visit celebritycruises.com/suiteclass" and that link describes the benefits to each suite class and it does not state that SS's have access to MC

LOL....and I was thinking of the original Star Trek episode "Time Amok" Imagine if people started succumbing to the Pon Farr in Michaels Club????

Sorry. I couldnt resist.

I'm sticking with Daffy in "Duck Amuck" :D

Lunch in a separate dining room was the best feature of the new suite class. It was a really nice idea. Eating at the buffet,pool grill, or room service is not nearly as good as having somebody wait on you. What will change next?

Hi all,

Please accept our apologies, but Michael’s Club will continue to be a private lounge for guests sailing in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. We are updating this verbiage, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Edited by Celebrity Cruises

Hi all,

Please accept our apologies, but Michael’s Club will continue to be a private lounge for guests sailing in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. We are updating this verbiage, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

What are you apologizing for?

Hi all,

Thanks for replying.

(even us that run amok and don't sail in the "real" suites thank you! I wish X would rename the "inbetween suites")

Thanks for replying.

(even us that run amok and don't sail in the "real" suites thank you! I wish X would rename the "inbetween suites")

Yes, but us (a)mok runners now get breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner in Luminae. I think it was only three meals in the earlier versions.

Hi all,

There is nothing like getting the word directly from the Guys/Gals in charge!

Yes, but us (a)mok runners now get breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner in Luminae. I think it was only three meals in the earlier versions.

Not matter what is being "promoted" from what I've read here recently, it is only three meals. A combo of either Breakfast and Dinner on port days, or Brunch and Dinner on sea days. Lunch on port days would have been wonderful.

Edited by C-Dragons

Not matter what is being "promoted" from what I've read here recently, it is only three meals. A combo of either Breakfast and Dinner on port days, or Brunch and Dinner on sea days. Lunch on port days would have been wonderful.

On the Connie TA we had

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on all sea days except one

Breakfast & Dinner on Port days

Brunch & Dinner just one day, our final sea day.

I just read wife's newsletter (since I don't get one for some reason).

There are two single asterisks in the text: "you'll have access to Micheal's Club private lounge*, " and "all-in benefits*"

and then at the bottom it says, "applies to select suites"

There is also one double asterisk: "offering complimentary breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner** Luminaie is..."

and the double asterisk says, "Hours and meals vary by itinerary"

I just read wife's newsletter (since I don't get one for some reason).

There are two single asterisks in the text: "you'll have access to Micheal's Club private lounge*, " and "all-in benefits*"

and then at the bottom it says, "applies to select suites"

There is also one double asterisk: "offering complimentary breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner** Luminaie is..."

and the double asterisk says, "Hours and meals vary by itinerary"

The celebrity rep chimed in a few hours ago and said they had modified the document.