What is on YOUR bucket list of cruises for you to take?

Just about anywhere, but retirement I am hoping for a world cruise, a mere 10+ years away.

Back to the Galapagus, try around the horn of South America, Antartica, back to Alaska with the land portion, a German River cruise, Easter Island and Matagascar.

My ultimate cruise.

Cruise to England

Have a few weeks in Uk

Cruise around Europe, probably a river cruise.

Cruise Europe to USA East Coast

Week or two on the East Coast.

Cruise Panama to west coast week or so west Coast, Cruise Alaska and rail Canada.

Cruise back home.

Fun stuff here....what we may try to do is fly to Europe; spend a few days in the departure city; cruise the Med (one way), then spend a few days in the departure city; then cruise home to FLL from there. That would put a few of our times together all rolled up nicely.

It will take some planning and time for that will be after retirement.

Hard part of this is the time between cruises since ship you were on has left. Laura is doing something like that when Rhapsody comes to PC in fall of 16

Fly to Venice, take 10 night Med ending in Rome. Depart for PC on a 14 night TA. I meet her in PC for a 4 night Bahamas. 28 days cruising. Not sure on the pre stay in Venice yet. Waiting for Choice air to become available this fall

Hard part of this is the time between cruises since ship you were on has left. Laura is doing something like that when Rhapsody comes to PC in fall of 16

Fly to Venice, take 10 night Med ending in Rome. Depart for PC on a 14 night TA. I meet her in PC for a 4 night Bahamas. 28 days cruising. Not sure on the pre stay in Venice yet. Waiting for Choice air to become available this fall

I am not suggesting that it would be the same ship.

On that magical day when DH retires:

European River Cruise of France's wine country

European River Cruise of Germany's Christmas Markets

Trans-Atlantic

Cruise of the British Isles

Cruise to Hawaii

and what the heck, World cruise.

I'm in my late 20's so I won't even suggest when I retire, So I will say when I have the potential for longer vacation time... I would like to go on:

Transatlantic

Panama Canal

Hawaii

Alaska

But for now, I will just stick to Caribbean :)

Going to take two off the list next month when I get to Venice and Dubrovnik on a 10 day Med cruise. Only ones that will be left are Australia and New Zealand. But I also still like some Caribbean cruises for relaxation and beaches, so I try for at least one of those each year. These are easier as I can drive to all Florida ports.

Going to take two off the list next month when I get to Venice and Dubrovnik on a 10 day Med cruise. Only ones that will be left are Australia and New Zealand. But I also still like some Caribbean cruises for relaxation and beaches, so I try for at least one of those each year. These are easier as I can drive to all Florida ports.

Funny isn't it.

We just booked around Australia, but for us it's a 2 hour drive. One that we really want to do is Canada Alaska but my DW can't fly.

Australia

New Zealand - Tasmania

Australia - Hawaii - Vancouver

Panama Canal

Northern Europe

China

Westbound TA

South America...

Who knows maybe someday the cruise lines will port in Egypt again?

We have/had a similiar list, Australia - New Zealand - Tahiti - Hawaii - Vancouver hopefully will be our "retirement cruise".

We try to do up to a week pre/post cruise on land so embarkation port/area is important.

Others on our bucket list include: (deals will dictate the order)

Baltics

Eastern Med with Turkey

South America & Galapagos

Egypt

Edited by lamchops

It is depressing that so many of the lists on t5his thread are so mundane. Remember - a bucket list is by definition a cost-is-no-object list. To put a cruise to the Bahamas on a cost-is-no-object cruise-of-a-lifetime bucket list is just depressing.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I just "googled" the definition of bucket List and the Merriam-Webster definition is:

: a list of things that one has not done before but wants to do before dying

Now what I would find depressing is that this positive and fun thread stops because of one person's definition of appropriate items for other posters' bucket lists.

My list, if I win tonight's lotto is:

Fremantle to Fremantle (Aust) via Singapore, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Seychelles, Mozambique, South Africa, Reunion Island, Mauritius.

True North Luxury Adventure Cruises on the Kimberley Coast of Western Australia - ship has its own helicopter :D

River Cruise on the Mekong (that's doable even on my budget)

Mississippi River Cruise on one of those gorgeous looking paddle wheel boats.

Transpacific from Sydney to Vancouver, then to Alaska, then spend 6 months in the US and do the return Transpacific journey back to Sydney. Or maybe I will do what GUT2407 is doing :D

World Cruise in segments - Go A to B, stopover for a few days/weeks, hitch a ride on another ship go B to C, repeat, then C to D etc etc - criss cross the globe. Fly home every now and then in first class to visit the family.

Edited by Wastegirl

Well my 3 main ones are

Alaska - been on my list for many years and we are finally going in 14 days time, am excited beyond belief!!!!!!

Transatlantic on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton and sail into New York

Dubai

It is depressing that so many of the lists on t5his thread are so mundane. Remember - a bucket list is by definition a cost-is-no-object list. To put a cruise to the Bahamas on a cost-is-no-object cruise-of-a-lifetime bucket list is just depressing.

DON

Sorry, what you feel belongs on a 'bucket list' and what someone else feels belongs on a bucket list don't have to be the same, and the definition of a bucket list in no way has to include 'cost is no object'.

If someone wants to put on their bucket list is-- go on a Caribbean Cruise each year just to relax and be disconnected from the regular world.....it is THEIR bucket list and that is fine. For all you know someone was not able to take a vacation for many years due to personal life issues and being able to take a vacation somewhere every year is very important to them.

Keep your own depression to yourself.

Edited by Paulette3028

Sorry, what you feel belongs on a 'bucket list' and what someone else feels belongs on a bucket list don't have to be the same, and the definition of a bucket list in no way has to include 'cost is no object'.

If someone wants to put on their bucket list is-- go on a Caribbean Cruise each year just to relax and be disconnected from the regular world.....it is THEIR bucket list and that is fine. For all you know someone was not able to take a vacation for many years due to personal life issues and being able to take a vacation somewhere every year is very important to them.

Keep your own depression to yourself.

Great post Paulette

My "bucket list" cruise would probably be Galapagos. It's not necessarily about cost, it also requires several years' advance planning since the small ships fill up so fast. We are not yet in a position to plan vacation so far in advance.

Other cruises that would probably be once-in-a-lifetime - Antarctica and then when I retire, World Cruise :D

Great post Paulette

I just could not refrain from putting in the line "Keep your own depression to yourself." in my reply, a few posts ago.

If someone wants to be depressed reading something, they can keep it all to themselves.

It has been fun reading what people hope to do....I just hope we are have the time to do it, and REMEMBER as one thing on your list is accomplished, it is time to add another....and if it is just a yearly relaxing cruise in the Caribbean....so be it.