What is your interest in booking Harmony?

I put a hold on a solo outside cabin today. I am happy to find this thread as I thought it was too early to see any chatter. I have a future deposit but I have to get it released first from my former TA. I sure hope it works out. I now know to ask to have the deposit in my own name and not back to the TA.

Karen

I haven't booked a cruise on Harmony yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it. We were on Allure a few weeks ago and I absolutely fell in love with the ship, so I'm really tempted to see another Oasis class member. I'm interested in Med. cruise for May/June 2016, so Harmony is one of our options.

We're booked to cruise the Harmony. Initially we were looking for cruises this year but upon seeing what others were posting we jumped at the early booking prices for this ship.

As for what our interest is for this ship we like to see new shows while on vacation. We are also loyal to Royal now since I like to spend a lot of time riding the flowrider and a new ship with 2 of them is a big plus:D.

It is exciting to have a trip planned so far away too. It will definitely help with any post cruise depression we may have after our trip this winter;).

Facing forward port side is always on the left. Easiest way to remember is port has four letters as well as left.

Thanks! I called the TA, and she switched us to the real port side (as opposed to that fake port side aka starboard she had us at before!). Apparently RCL told her our original rooms were ports. In any event, it's all sorted now and we are getting excited... already. I may need to focus on something else for a while otherwise I'll be beside myself by departure day!

Thanks! I called the TA, and she switched us to the real port side (as opposed to that fake port side aka starboard she had us at before!). Apparently RCL told her our original rooms were ports. In any event, it's all sorted now and we are getting excited... already. I may need to focus on something else for a while otherwise I'll be beside myself by departure day!

Was there a need to be on port side :what:

At least on Allure we had practically no sun on the starboard side so personally I'd not book that again. Not with a balcony cabin anyway.

:what: you do realize both the ship and the sun are in constant motion

Just keep in mind the Oasis class ships usually dock starboard side...this makes a difference when I book this class of ship...otherwise I always book portside...JMHO...and enjoy !!

Just keep in mind the Oasis class ships usually dock starboard side...this makes a difference when I book this class of ship...otherwise I always book portside...JMHO...and enjoy !!

We docked starboard in Cozumel, but a Carnival ship blocked the view fro deck 10 down

I recently booked the Harmony transatlantic. I've been wanting to try an Oasis class ship and have been waiting for a longer itinerary where I can enjoy everything these vessels have to offer and be able to combine that with an attractive cruise fare. The Harmony offers both. I'm also interested to see how much Quantum "DNA" makes its way to the new ship (technology, decor, dining, etc).

Someone asked, why not or which ships do I like? Generally smaller ships, sailing single, mostly for itinerary, don't need all the bells and whistles of the new builds.

Depending on itinerary though, I should never say never, might change my mind! :)

This year I'm going to the Med on the Vision, which is a smaller ship, fine by me, price was definitely right.

Good to know! Thanks - I may see if we can switch back!

:what: you do realize both the ship and the sun are in constant motion

Geez, really?! Thank you for letting me know, I never realized this! ... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, on our previous two Med. cruises we never had any problems with the sun (or lack of it) when we stayed on the port side of the ship. On Allure, however, we barely saw the sun when staying on starboard. Obviously this could have been just bad luck, but since the Harmony cruise we're now considering would go through the exact same route with the same ports, I personally just would not book the starboard side for this cruise anymore.

I recently booked the Harmony transatlantic. I've been wanting to try an Oasis class ship and have been waiting for a longer itinerary where I can enjoy everything these vessels have to offer and be able to combine that with an attractive cruise fare. The Harmony offers both. I'm also interested to see how much Quantum "DNA" makes its way to the new ship (technology, decor, dining, etc).

Same here. We found the transatlantic itinerary to be perfect and a good price. I love that the ports are up front, and then those 9 sea days on the way to Ft. Lauderdale should give us plenty of time to explore and enjoy the new ship. I'll be able to check 3 things off my bucket list. Spain, Oasis class, and transatlantic. :)

Geez, really?! Thank you for letting me know, I never realized this! ... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, on our previous two Med. cruises we never had any problems with the sun (or lack of it) when we stayed on the port side of the ship. On Allure, however, we barely saw the sun when staying on starboard. Obviously this could have been just bad luck, but since the Harmony cruise we're now considering would go through the exact same route with the same ports, I personally just would not book the starboard side for this cruise anymore.

Glad I could help

Darn, I just looked at your future cruises and we will miss you by two weeks on both Allure and Harmony!! :( Oh well, one FlowRider hog per cruise is probably enough. :D:D

We will be on this cruise with you starting on December 3rd(Ryan and Lisa) and are really looking forward to it. I bring my own board as well but I am hoping to have a different one by the time we cruise again. My wife just tried it on our last cruise and has sort of claimed my board for herself:). I am hoping she sticks with it and is no longer widowed by the pool as much. We enjoy the people we meet onboard and get so excited to cruise.

DH and I would never have imagined booking a cruise 627 days prior to a cruise. We probably never imagined booking a ship, that wasn't even in the water at the time we booked it.

Why did we....the price was amazing.....and the real interest I have in the ship is the waterslide.

We have been on Allure and enjoyed it, but it isn't my favorite class of ship....so the addition of the waterslide 'got me'.

What got to you?

1. The price

2. It fit the time slot we needed to fill

3. The embarkation port

We will be on this cruise with you starting on December 3rd(Ryan and Lisa) and are really looking forward to it. I bring my own board as well but I am hoping to have a different one by the time we cruise again. My wife just tried it on our last cruise and has sort of claimed my board for herself:). I am hoping she sticks with it and is no longer widowed by the pool as much. We enjoy the people we meet onboard and get so excited to cruise.

Great! I'm sure you will get to know my hubby very well. I show up sometimes to watch and take pics and videos but I don't ride.

I want to get hubby a board for xmas but I'm not sure how to choose the style and size of board for him. Any advice?