What is your interest in booking Harmony?

Our cruise together on Harmony is less that 600 days away.....oh that waterslide....I will plant my towel and bag on a chair at the bottom of the waterslide -- everyone can find me there somewhere.

I love watersides too! This will be so much fun!

I am hoping for Phantom or Wicked on Harmony! I wonder when they will make an announcement?

If we sail out on 2/18, are we going to run into expensive flights because of Presidents Day? Our 2016 Feb cruise leaves the 13th and flights are sky high! I have to remember to plan around that holiday. Our kids did not have school off for this but maybe other parts of the U.S. Do!

Lauri

I love watersides too! This will be so much fun!

I am hoping for Phantom or Wicked on Harmony! I wonder when they will make an announcement?

If we sail out on 2/18, are we going to run into expensive flights because of Presidents Day? Our 2016 Feb cruise leaves the 13th and flights are sky high! I have to remember to plan around that holiday. Our kids did not have school off for this but maybe other parts of the U.S. Do!

Lauri

Phantom would be very nice for sure....and I imagine they will make some announcement about it around the end of 2015, since her maiden sailing is May 29, 2015.

Lots of places in the US, especially the NE have off Presidents Week.....so I guess prices will be high again for that year. We live in S. Florida, so the most we have to worry about is traffic to the port.

phantom would be very nice for sure....and i imagine they will make some announcement about it around the end of 2015, since her maiden sailing is may 29, 2015.

Lots of places in the us, especially the ne have off presidents week.....so i guess prices will be high again for that year. We live in s. Florida, so the most we have to worry about is traffic to the port.

2016 ;)

Phantom would be very nice for sure....and I imagine they will make some announcement about it around the end of 2015, since her maiden sailing is May 29, 2015.

Lots of places in the US, especially the NE have off Presidents Week.....so I guess prices will be high again for that year. We live in S. Florida, so the most we have to worry about is traffic to the port.

Wow, I'd never heard of Presidents week but I've only lived in Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and South. Seems odd with Easter break right around the corner

Wow, I'd never heard of Presidents week but I've only lived in Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and South. Seems odd with Easter break right around the corner

Yes, prices are usually higher for President's Week out of the Northeast, so we usually fly down a couple of days earlier if it saves enough $ :-).

We don't have an Easter Break. Our full week breaks are Christmas-New Year's, President's Week and the 3rd week of April. Been this way in my state since I started school - so at least 40 years!

After sailing the Quantum I have no interest in any further sailing on this class of ships. My feeling is that it is one big shopping mall. Nickel and dime you all over the place. Did not feel like I was on a ship.:(

We booked the October 2016 Harmony TA and are bringing her home to Florida from the Med. There are about 50 of us who will be on the Allure TA this fall and then on the Harmony next year. Loved the Quantum and looking forward to some of those features on the Harmony next year. Got a great fare on the first day that bookings were open. Less than 500 days now!

President's Day replaces Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays, which used to be close-together holidays in February. When some of the holidays were realigned to fall on Monday and create a 3-day weekend (Memorial Day is another), President's Day was created. This was 30+ years ago, as I recall.

--edited: I looked it up -- this happened back in 1971, when Washington's birthday (now called President's Day), Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day were all aligned to fall on certain Mondays to create 3-day weekends. In addition, Columbus Day was designated as a national holiday, also to be celebrated on Monday. Interesting, but totally off topic. :rolleyes:

Edited by travelgoddess1

We booked the October 2016 Harmony TA and are bringing her home to Florida from the Med. There are about 50 of us who will be on the Allure TA this fall and then on the Harmony next year. Loved the Quantum and looking forward to some of those features on the Harmony next year. Got a great fare on the first day that bookings were open. Less than 500 days now!

We're also going to be on the TA with you and can't wait. It will be our first crossing, and first time sailing on an Oasis class ship.

It's going to be a LONG year waiting, but yeah, less than 500 days now! :)

President's Day replaces Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays, which used to be close-together holidays in February. When some of the holidays were realigned to fall on Monday and create a 3-day weekend (Memorial Day is another), President's Day was created. This was 30+ years ago, as I recall.

--edited: I looked it up -- this happened back in 1971, when Washington's birthday (now called President's Day), Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day were all aligned to fall on certain Mondays to create 3-day weekends. In addition, Columbus Day was designated as a national holiday, also to be celebrated on Monday. Interesting, but totally off topic. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the history lesson. :)

Totally get the three day weekend, just never lived where it was a whole week celebration.

After sailing the Quantum I have no interest in any further sailing on this class of ships. My feeling is that it is one big shopping mall. Nickel and dime you all over the place. Did not feel like I was on a ship.:(

I am not sure if you know this or not, but technically Quantum is not in the same class as Harmony (which this thread is about), Oasis and Allure. That being said Harmony is bigger. As for your nickel and dime comment, no one really likes it. I just smile and say no thank-you and wish the cruise member selling the product a good day. :)

You aren't the only one who has said some ships don't have the connection to the sea.

Thanks for the history lesson. :)

Totally get the three day weekend, just never lived where it was a whole week celebration.

OK :) When people get a holiday on Monday, they only need 4 more vacation days instead of 5 to get the whole week off. Schools take advantage of that opportunity, as well, for winter breaks. If I lived in the Northeast, I would be ecstatic to have a week off to get out of winter weather. :eek:

I remembered the way the holidays were prior to 1971, so I was curious as to how and when it was changed. :o

Edited by travelgoddess1

OK :) When people get a holiday on Monday, they only need 4 more vacation days instead of 5 to get the whole week off. Schools take advantage of that opportunity, as well, for winter breaks. If I lived in the Northeast, I would be ecstatic to have a week off to get out of winter weather. :eek:

I remembered the way the holidays were prior to 1971, so I was curious as to how and when it was changed. :o

You may have misunderstood, I was truly thankful for the information. I love trivia. Cheers:D

Hi,

I have been working late hours at work and haven't been on cruise critic in quite a while. I'm always looking for a great deal and it looks like I missed the boat with the Harmony. Have the prices went up significantly since June? I did a little checking and I see a lot of sold out categories.

Congratulations on your great deals! :)

Hi,

I have been working late hours at work and haven't been on cruise critic in quite a while. I'm always looking for a great deal and it looks like I missed the boat with the Harmony. Have the prices went up significantly since June? I did a little checking and I see a lot of sold out categories.

Congratulations on your great deals! :)

There are lots of dates in 2017 where prices have not increased that much.

If you are looking for an Oceanview or inside cabin the prices are at their lowest point as those categories dropped with the BOGOHO as compared to the 30/30 sale. I've seen insides for about $700pp in March 2017.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks Ken.

I will need to take a look. I recently booked a 9 night southern Caribbean in April 2017 on Navigator and the total was 2178 for a E3 balcony. That seemed like a good deal but Harmony is a brand new ship so I will have to look into this.

Thanks again for the info.

Thanks Ken.

I will need to take a look. I recently booked a 9 night southern Caribbean in April 2017 on Navigator and the total was 2178 for a E3 balcony. That seemed like a good deal but Harmony is a brand new ship so I will have to look into this.

Thanks again for the info.

Those 9 night itineraries on the Navigator looked great and were great prices. I would have loved to do one of those but couldn't make it work with the limited times we can travel. The 5 nights on Navigator had some really great prices as well but the itinerary was not so great.

Good luck.

My family and I recently booked two staterooms on the Christmas 2016 Harmony sailing.

The reason we went for Harmony was because it was located in Ft Lauderdale which we are used to, and the itinerary included St Martin, one of our favourite ports. There was also a new port for us, which is San Juan, Puerto Rico. With this, we were pretty much sold. If this itinerary had been a week later (ie the New Year cruise) we wouldn't have sailed Harmony. Everything just fit!

I think I booked last week of Nov. and first week of Dec. 2016 during the second week of June. As of yesterday one cruise was up more than $450 for both of us and the other week was up over $430 for both. So, the prices have increased a lot in the past 3 weeks.

I'm new to RCI and have decided to book on the Harmony for spring 2017. I would book now, but I have a potential group of 8 rooms or more and am waiting for everyone to commit to going(or not). Do the prices for new ships usually stay low for a while or do they typically jack up the prices? My original plan was to book in November, but now I'm not so sure.

This ship looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to sail :-)

I'm new to RCI and have decided to book on the Harmony for spring 2017. I would book now, but I have a potential group of 8 rooms or more and am waiting for everyone to commit to going(or not). Do the prices for new ships usually stay low for a while or do they typically jack up the prices? My original plan was to book in November, but now I'm not so sure.

This ship looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to sail :-)

Prices are based on supply and demand, so are usually unpredictable. If your sailing gets popular, then prices will go up.