What is your interest in booking Harmony?

Thanks for this post! So glad I checked this forum, if not I would not have known about the RCC sale. I booked an OV a couple of weeks ago on the Harmony sailing from Barcelona July 10, 2016. I am traveling with my friend, it will be our first time sailing with RCC. We usually sail on Carnival. Because of this thread, I checked the RCC website and was able to upgrade from our OV to a Balcony for a lower rate than the OV and we got a $100 on board credit! It will be our first time traveling to Europe and we are excited about sailing on a new ship. Can't wait to see the robot bartenders.:D

I just booked! Yippee! TA was really surprised about lack of availability. I blamed it on this thread!! LOL!!! Tried to book D4 but it was sold out, so now in D3 on Deck 10, midship, port side. Question - when I look at the deck plans, I thought that the right hand side was starboard? No? We have 10610 and 10614 and TA telling us it's port side. I'm no expert on ships, so thought I'd throw it out there to all of you...

I just booked! Yippee! TA was really surprised about lack of availability. I blamed it on this thread!! LOL!!! Tried to book D4 but it was sold out, so now in D3 on Deck 10, midship, port side. Question - when I look at the deck plans, I thought that the right hand side was starboard? No? We have 10610 and 10614 and TA telling us it's port side. I'm no expert on ships, so thought I'd throw it out there to all of you...

Royal's deck plans typically have starboard on the right side.

The staterooms 10610 and 10614 are on the starboard side.

Oh wow. My husband would be so jealous. Where do you buy your boards? Can you get them in Canada? I'm thinking of getting him one for Xmas. And how do you fly with them?

I'm a very understanding wife too. It's a good thing I'm independent because sometimes it feel like I'm on a solo cruise :)

I'm already stretching my vacation time at work so march might not happen. But never say never!

Who knows we might get to see each other one day. The DHs will be riding and the flowrider widows will be at the beach pool. :D

I bought my boards direct from Waveloch. I bought Waveloch/flowrider boards as I know they are allowed on the ship. On some ships they don't allow other brands. I would hate to drag the board only to find out that I can't use it. They will ship from the U.S. At the bottom is a link to their website.

I also bought the padded bag from them. I wrap them in larger bubble wrap and use insulated pipe wrap to protect the sides and ends. I check it as luggage and it gets exrayed as oversized and it goes into the plane's cargo hold. It comes out either on the carousel or the oversized cargo area at the end destination. If you ever get one in your house I can send you a few pics on how to pack them.

The web-site is not that great to navigate. http://www.flowridershop.com

West Edmonton Mall also has a Surf Club. You could shop and DH could ride and it is cheaper than a cruise. They might sell boards too. You could even stay at the hotel overnight, in a them room too. ;)

http://www.wem.ca/play/attractions-at-wem/world-waterpark/wem-surf-lessons-and-wem-surf-club

http://www.wem.ca/media/227453/You-can-now-surf-an-endless-wave-at-World-Waterpark.pdf

Who knows we might get to see each other one day. The DHs will be riding and the flowrider widows will be at the beach pool. :D

I bought my boards direct from Waveloch. I bought Waveloch/flowrider boards as I know they are allowed on the ship. On some ships they don't allow other brands. I would hate to drag the board only to find out that I can't use it. They will ship from the U.S. At the bottom is a link to their website.

I also bought the padded bag from them. I wrap them in larger bubble wrap and use insulated pipe wrap to protect the sides and ends. I check it as luggage and it gets exrayed as oversized and it goes into the plane's cargo hold. It comes out either on the carousel or the oversized cargo area at the end destination. If you ever get one in your house I can send you a few pics on how to pack them.

The web-site is not that great to navigate. http://www.flowridershop.com

West Edmonton Mall also has a Surf Club. You could shop and DH could ride and it is cheaper than a cruise. They might sell boards too. You could even stay at the hotel overnight, in a them room too. ;)

http://www.wem.ca/play/attractions-at-wem/world-waterpark/wem-surf-lessons-and-wem-surf-club

http://www.wem.ca/media/227453/You-can-now-surf-an-endless-wave-at-World-Waterpark.pdf

Thanks for that. I'll do some research. Maybe they sell the waveloch boards at the mall here because they have a Flowrider.

We checked out the cost of west ed mall Flowrider when it opened. I think it's cheaper to go on a cruise. :) First you have to buy a day pass to the water park at about $40 then it's $20 for 3 rides!! Can't purchase an unlimited ride pass. Ridiculous. Can you imagine how first time riders feel? They will burn through $20 in about 15 seconds. It's a shame because we are only 25 minutes from west Edmonton mall :(

In addition to the water slides the Harmony will have the Solarium expand out over deck 14. This is currently a large sun deck on the Allure/Oasis.

I know I will enjoy having this additional space, and experiencing the differences between these ships - good or bad.

A balcony is cheaper than an inside, go figure...:)

What they said. :thumbup:

We have a Boardwalk Balcony booked on Oasis for Feb 2016, a b2b. We booked it during our February 2015 cruise. So the Feb Harmony OTS was a given. See the pattern here? We've cruised each February with my brother and his wife for the last 5 or 6 years.

The Oasis will be our first balcony on RCCL. We normally go with Prominade View, but there weren't 2 together on the b2b so we were offered Boardwalk Balcony cabins and were pleasantly surprised that the price was only about $150 more than a PR catagory. I wasn't thinking about that balcony discount!

Since we had booked the Boardwalk balcony on Oasis, it seemed natural now to check the cost "up there" for our next cruise. Surprise, surprise! The BB was actually less than an a "cheap" inside cabin with this new 30 - 30 promotion and our (now even better Diamond) balcony discount.

We've never booked this far out either. In fact, is it unusual for a line to take reservations for a ship that far ahead? Especially one not scheduled for completion for over a year? Maybe they need extra cash to fund the construction. :eek:

None unless it sails from Florida

I am on the Harmony Transatlantic bringing it over to Florida for you :) Nov 5 /16 3 night and then Nov 12/16 first 7 night out of Port Everglades with sailings up to April 22/17

We've never booked this far out either. In fact, is it unusual for a line to take reservations for a ship that far ahead? Especially one not scheduled for completion for over a year? Maybe they need extra cash to fund the construction. :eek:

Quite common. It happens every year when the new itineraries are released in March/April. Next March/April will see itineraries released until April 2018.

We always book once the itineraries are released and quite often this us the best price, of course if the price drops you can call and get a price reduction. You really can't lose by booking early.

Two more for no interest.

Is it the size? As I mentioned earlier we have booked, but I'm surprised myself at my excitement. For us it's all the activities for 12 yo DS. But wonder if it my be overwhelming.

We've always wanted to do a transatlantic. Due to our Alaska trip this year, 2015 just wasn't feasible so I set my sights on 2016. I would have gone either eastbound or westbound but we kind of had our hearts set on an Oasis class since, if we are going to experience any weather, hopefully the bigger ship will handle it better. Booked the Harmony TA on day one and saved over $300 on 6/1 when this sale began. We're very happy. Sure wish it was this year instead of next year!

Is it the size? As I mentioned earlier we have booked, but I'm surprised myself at my excitement. For us it's all the activities for 12 yo DS. But wonder if it my be overwhelming.

We Cruise the Caribbean so one of the big issues for us is limited ports the mega Cruise ships sail to. We are empty nesters so on board kid type activities is of no interest to us. We did a B2B on the Liberty Of The Seas (biggest ship we've ever Cruised on) in 2011. Loved the ship and her staff but hated the dream work creatures and the kids pirate parade through the MDR.

Edited by davekathy

B2 is $702 with $100 OBC and B1 is $723 with $100 OBC. That's for the 1/28/17 sailing
Did you get the OBC from RC? If so, how did you swing that? I am also booked for your sailing, and didn't see anything about getting OBC when I booked.

On another topic, given the heading on this thread, I kind of shake my head at the people who come here to post that they have NO interest in sailing on the Harmony. :confused:

Did you get the OBC from RC? If so, how did you swing that? I am also booked for your sailing, and didn't see anything about getting OBC when I booked.

On another topic, given the heading on this thread, I kind of shake my head at the people who come here to post that they have NO interest in sailing on the Harmony. :confused:

Lol. I know. I like when someone does a review of the Oasis or Allure and then someone else posts in the same thread that they have no interest in sailing on a ship that big.

But be prepared now for some of those people to say they were just answering the question in the heading of this thread.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Facing forward port side is always on the left. Easiest way to remember is port has four letters as well as left.