What is your interest in booking Harmony?

Great! I'm sure you will get to know my hubby very well. I show up sometimes to watch and take pics and videos but I don't ride.

I want to get hubby a board for xmas but I'm not sure how to choose the style and size of board for him. Any advice?

It depends on what he likes really to what kind of board to get(carves? tricks? his size?). Do you know if he had a personal preference while he was on the ship? Most of the boards they have onboard are 42" or 45" outlaws. Has he tried anything else? I was lucky enough to meet a nice couple who let me ride his board so I could get the hang of it on our first cruise. I have a 40" side cut shuvit with channels that is super easy to ride now. On our last cruise I rode one of the ships boards mostly as I really liked it(39" outlaw). My board felt like a tank compared to that one really. I am by no means an expert on this though so maybe someone else could help out. I am sure I will get to know your husband fairly well while we are cruising. Have you tried it much?

I am actually going to start a new thread on this to see if we get some replies and are not off topic on this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I would never have imagined booking a cruise 627 days prior to a cruise. We probably never imagined booking a ship, that wasn't even in the water at the time we booked it.

Why did we....the price was amazing.....and the real interest I have in the ship is the waterslide.

We have been on Allure and enjoyed it, but it isn't my favorite class of ship....so the addition of the waterslide 'got me'.

What got to you?

Oh our Harmony cruise is now down to 598 days away....so 598 days to that waterslide experience.....if it is open on embarkation day! It is what 'got me'.

We were on anthem this year ( her 5th voyage I think ) and had a fantastic time. Loved all the new features and the excitement of a brand new ship. Had great fun following all the " reveals" in the run up to her launch . When we came off anthem we knew we had to book another cruise and harmony was an obvious choice - when we sail on her she will be the biggest and newest ship in the world plus is guaranteed to have a raft of innovative features . We already know she will have some quantum class features - mix that with oasis class and for us it's a no brainer! We have done this exact med cruise before but the ports are great and warrant a second visit plus we plan to stay in Rome for a few days prior to the cruise. 380 days to go![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

I always told myself I will never sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. Nothing seemed to draw me toward the line except the aquatic theater on Oasis class ships. In a perfect world, I would sail on the Royal Princess in May as part of a three-week, land/cruise vacation - the same kind of trip my TA recommended.

Then while looking for a Mediterranean cruise in early October 2016, I noticed it is impossible to find one that meets my mom's date and duration criteria on the better cruise lines - Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. So I thought what the heck, it can't hurt to check out RCI cruises. There it was: an itinerary I like that is short and timed perfectly. My TA is not crazy about it, but I still can't find any cruises on other cruise lines that meet all of her criteria. What ship is doing that cruise? Harmony of the Seas.

I always told myself I will never sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. Nothing seemed to draw me toward the line except the aquatic theater on Oasis class ships. In a perfect world, I would sail on the Royal Princess in May as part of a three-week, land/cruise vacation - the same kind of trip my TA recommended.

Then while looking for a Mediterranean cruise in early October 2016, I noticed it is impossible to find one that meets my mom's date and duration criteria on the better cruise lines - Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. So I thought what the heck, it can't hurt to check out RCI cruises. There it was: an itinerary I like that is short and timed perfectly. My TA is not crazy about it, but I still can't find any cruises on other cruise lines that meet all of her criteria. What ship is doing that cruise? Harmony of the Seas.

Why would TA object :what:

Does RCI pay less commission :confused:

Why would TA object Does RCI pay less commission?

it has nothing to do with commission. He pointed out early debarkation for a lot more time in Florence would be a waste of money because Mom will not get her money back for the unused night. He prefers staying in Florence before cruising to a different port instead of cutting the cruise short for financial reasons.

Paulette, I booked in spite of the water slide. LOL. We just love the Oasis class of ships. They are by far my favorite. I absolutely love the tranquility of Central Park, day and night and the uniqueness of the aqua theater. The fact that we will be on just her 2nd Caribbean cruise is a bonus. Wish y'all were going to be on our sailing again like last summer. :)

We are booked for 2/3/2017. We got a good price and OBC.

I think you meant 2/4/2017. We initially booked 2/4/2017 for our anniversary but changed it to 3/4/2017. Really looking forward to what will be our first cruise together without our grandson in 10 years (we are raising him). He is quite disappointed and jealous. :D (Actually I feel a little guilty about not taking him, but he has school.)

Paulette, I booked in spite of the water slide. LOL. We just love the Oasis class of ships. They are by far my favorite. I absolutely love the tranquility of Central Park, day and night and the uniqueness of the aqua theater. The fact that we will be on just her 2nd Caribbean cruise is a bonus. Wish y'all were going to be on our sailing again like last summer. :)

While my DH can't (and I probably won't) go on the water slides, we both enjoyed all the different neighborhoods on the Oasis. We had an ocean view balcony on Oasis. For the Harmony, I booked a Central Park balcony for Nov. 2016 and a Boardwalk balcony for March 2017. Can't wait! :D

I sailed the Oasis in 2013, and loved it. Wasn't really interested in the Harmony until I saw the prices. They blew me away. Less than I paid for the Oasis.

^^ This! I can't believe you can still get some great deals on Harmony. Of course with tomorrow's great new BOGO sale :rolleyes:, who knows what the prices will be. :eek:

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

We like to book new ships so I'm sure we'll check out the Harmony in the future. I would love to take advantage of the sales, but we can't book that far in advance since we don't know our work schedules. I'm lucky that we were able to book the Allure this month to sail in November of this year. That's about as far out as we can plan. When we retire, we can cruise more.

We have Harmony booked for Feb 2017! I have never booked this early, but we loved the Oasis this past Feb and when I heard about Harmony having water slides, I booked it the first chance I got! DS loves to cruise, but we did miss waterslides on Oasis. Then with the June 30/30 sale, I had a huge price drop. DH doesn't know yet ;). Reduced deposit, OBC and the 30/30 sale - he'll be thrilled!

Paulette, Just so I can sail with YOU!

What else drew us to book this ship? Harmony will be the largest ship ever built, it is brand new, the oceanview balcony prices were amazing, and I cannot wait to try Dynamic Dining and have a drink mixed by a robot! I cannot wait to see the Boardwalk and Central Park and the Aqua Show! I am dying to find out what the Off Broadway show will be! (Anyone want to wager a guess?) I can't wait to try out the Jazz club and the Late night comedy club! but most of all, 2 weeks of warmth in the middle of a MI winter with my DH!

Lauri

Our cruise together on Harmony is less that 600 days away.....oh that waterslide....I will plant my towel and bag on a chair at the bottom of the waterslide -- everyone can find me there somewhere.

We have Harmony booked for Feb 2017! I have never booked this early, but we loved the Oasis this past Feb and when I heard about Harmony having water slides, I booked it the first chance I got! DS loves to cruise, but we did miss waterslides on Oasis. Then with the June 30/30 sale, I had a huge price drop. DH doesn't know yet ;). Reduced deposit, OBC and the 30/30 sale - he'll be thrilled!

Which sailing of Harmony in Feb 2017 are you on?

We love this class and we had already sailed the Oasis of the seas twice so when we seen the Harmony was less than the Allure we decided to book. We booked way in advance as we are not going until April 2017. So I say size and cost was the reason we booked the newest ship and of course because we LOVE to cruise.

The Harmony looks like a lovely boat with lots to do, and it will be in the Mediterranean when we can get time off work to cruise there. I'm so excited for all those amazing ports, too! Pompeii, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's David, the Gaudi buildings, French wine, and a Spanish beach day all in one cruise. So many of my early bucket list items checked off in one short cruise it amazes me. :eek: :D

The Harmony looks like a lovely boat with lots to do, and it will be in the Mediterranean when we can get time off work to cruise there. I'm so excited for all those amazing ports, too! Pompeii, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's David, the Gaudi buildings, French wine, and a Spanish beach day all in one cruise. So many of my early bucket list items checked off in one short cruise it amazes me. :eek: :D

You will be hard pressed to see both David and Pisa in the same day. But good luck.