Azamara Club Cruises Reveals Extensive Changes for its Two Ships

LauraS

I'm looking at it with some reservations because the proportions look wrong. The ceiling is too high and it's too wide to be a standard balcony cabin and too narrow to be a suite. Unless it is a new category cabin they are building. The anticipation is fun though and I love the style.

Phil

As its Azamara it must be bespoke! :)

it is to modern for my blood... i hate the sinks- never liked them. prefer a smooth sink as you wipe the counter into sink and done. chair looks like i will never sit in. might have it moved out..

there were to be some new size cabins but Philip was vague on where- not sure he knew.. the balcony chairs look better than we have now.

either way i hate modern in general so if could be interesting for me

I'm looking at it with some reservations because the proportions look wrong. The ceiling is too high and it's too wide to be a standard balcony cabin and too narrow to be a suite. Unless it is a new category cabin they are building. The anticipation is fun though and I love the style.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I totally agree. When I first viewed the photo, I said the dimensions doesn't look right for a veranda cabin. And if it were a veranda cabin ? There's NO way on earth they can get all of the veranda cabins to look like that in 2 weeks.

I have a feeling it's a new class of cabin being added somewhere on the ships. I really like the overall look, but 2 concerns come to mind : 1. the desk looks way too narrow, and 2. I'm not a fan of area rugs - especially on cruise ships. Too many opportunities to trip and fall.

Edited by Host Andy

If you hate modern then you might just have to find another cruiseline. I think it will very much the theme. Why would Azamara spend so much money on doing up their ships to make them look behind the times?

Phil

They all are going more modern bit this is hi tech or something.. i agree about he desk and rug. .never notice it this morning. to busy looking at the sinks and desk and chair. look not comfortable at all .sofa does. on the QS i was told some new suites were being built using two cabins on each side of a deck. .been told deck 6 and then told deck 8. .so not sure at all .this came from the HD twice.

really looking forward to he new Looking Glass and the new aft eating area no matter what it is called.

It looks like there is a bathtub in the very far background, in the bathroom. So that would let out the standard verandah cabins, right (along with the size of the bathroom itself)? When those sinks first came out, they looked like fun, but when we got ready to build our house the young lady showing us the bathroom fixtures that were available pointed out that you can't really get all the way under the sink to clean. She said she wouldn't have them in her bathroom because she would be afraid of mildew. I thought that was very smart, and went with standard sinks.

That size cabin would work for me as a solo, but I would also prefer having the sofa close to the verandah.

I love this new look, but like others am uncertain as to what cabin category this is. This rendering is quite different from others we have seen, so perhaps it is a new cabin class, with a completely new look.

July is "Staterooms and Suites" reveal month so more details should not be too far away...

This from a post on Azamara's FaceBook page is a picture I haven't seen yet. Cabin with new chairs and smaller table on the balcony? Looks really smart. July now so hopefully more detail soon.

image.jpg1_zpsqjxuhrxo.jpg

Phil

That's beautiful, but as already noted, there's no way the ceiling will be that high, nor will the room be that spacious unless they they take out a block of cabins and replace them . I suppose that, if they are modular, it wouldn't a really daunting problem, but all in two weeks seems farfetched to me. And I think that window would require a hull cut - don't see that happening!

Edited by critterchick

This just keeps getting better and better. All the images released so far are stunning. They weren't kidding when they said these would be like new ships. I was iffy about switching our loyalty over to Azamara during our most recent ( and first) cruise with them. But now I'm super excited about the upcoming cruises we have with them.

Michael

Dina and Thabi are not where German or Yasmin was and they are on the other side of ship. Today on facebook i saw a picture of Thabi sitting at her desk and a solid wall was there. so she was either sitting on the other side or there a hanging picture i do not remmeber.

2. I'm not a fan of area rugs - especially on cruise ships. Too many opportunities to trip and fall.

That MAY NOT be an area rug. It's possible that this and others that appear to be area rugs, might be carpeting inset into tile/vinyl/wood flooring. Just a thought.

I like the new look. But, since these are just artist renderings, am looking forward to actual photos of the revamp.