What happens if you share a drink package? Is there a drink limit?

How's this for murky water.

"I want to buy my wife a drink" and hand the card over. I have had some bartenders run it on the package even when it was declared as not mine. Others charged me as I indicated. Out of my hands

That isn't you intentionally doing anything.

As for smuggling booze as a pp asked, nope, never have, booze or anything else.

quick question -- I do not drink soda at all - my husband does not drink alcohol - would I be a "horrible person" if I bought the premium or ultimate drink package and gave the "freestyle" cup to my husband??

Why don't you just pay the $6.50 per day for your husband and not have to determine if you are a horrible person or not.

What information do you know that can justify the statement that you have made, highlighted above in red?

Or are you using your own business acumen and applying it elsewhere?

Let me know what you sell, so that I can avoid buying from your company -- because honest people should not make up for the dishonest ones.

Geez! I mention something so obvious, and you jump down my throat like I've been stealing from you. Get a grip.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with any "business acumen" and has a basic understanding of human behavior, that people will take advantage, and they'll buy 1 package and share.

Personally, I've never ordered a drink package because they are too expensive.

And by the way, every store you've ever shopped in is regularly shoplifted from, and they build that cost into their cost structure. Every business has some non-payers - bad debts - and again, that's built into the cost structure. We all pay for that every time we buy something from anyone.

I pre-accept your gracious apology.

Edited by NJSKIandCRUISEGUY

Sorry you're getting crucified for simply asking the question. I, myself, was wondering the same thing. Since I've only been on one other cruise, I wasn't sure if the drink package was for all passengers or for individuals.

For all of the people that got really defensive, take it easy...The cruise lines aren't going bankrupt anytime soon, so you don't need to defend them so strongly.

Here's an idea, though, Mal, when you get on board cancel the ridiculous $12.50 per person/per day tip and use the money to buy 2 drink packages...it's honest and won't get you in trouble with the cruise line.

Sorry you're getting crucified for simply asking the question. I, myself, was wondering the same thing. Since I've only been on one other cruise, I wasn't sure if the drink package was for all passengers or for individuals.

For all of the people that got really defensive, take it easy...The cruise lines aren't going bankrupt anytime soon, so you don't need to defend them so strongly.

Here's an idea, though, Mal, when you get on board cancel the ridiculous $12.50 per person/per day tip and use the money to buy 2 drink packages...it's honest and won't get you in trouble with the cruise line.

Best idea I've heard since I joined this forum!!!!!

Like it or not, that tip charge really does go to the staff directly. So by not paying that charge, all you're doing is hurting the staff. I do understand your feelings about it though.

Lets work through this together.

The retailer you work for has a margin of 70%

The shrinkage is 2%

Without shrinkage the markup would be 68% with the same profit

Because there is shrinkage of 2%, to achieve the same margin your retailer has to mark up 70% instead of 68%

Explain to me again how we don't all pay for that 2% shrinkage.

duty_calls_zps92959b8a.png

Bella is amused.

1433790450306.jpg.23d5967b7da7dd4c645644c16c1f69ad.jpg

I think that those of us that see it as wrong, also see it as an ethics issues. As in, either you have them or you don't. And, for anyone who says, it's just soda, or one drink, or it's figured into the cost, etc. that's just justifying the behavior. Doesn't make it okay.

Edited by BND

I know and agree on the no sharing rule, but where is it written that packages are cancelled on violations, or that it's a breach of contract to eject you from the ship? That sounds like conjecture.

Why don't you provide a link showing that these are the procedures the cruise line follows? You make up these fairy tale scenarios and never have anything from the cruise line that supports what you say. There is no need to try to scare people anytime they ask a simple question.

I witnessed what happens when you share, and are caught. Lady at my dining table a few years ago was chatting up the resident Lothario, and had been buying him drinks on her package for a few days. One night after dinner, we were all in a particular bar, and she was doing this while practically standing at the bar. Let's say she was drinking G&Ts and Lothario was drinking rum and coke (for simplicity). When she next went to order a R&C, barman refused to serve her, and pointed out that he knew she was giving it to Lothario (who was 5cm away).

She kicked up a fuss, ends up with security being called. They run Lothario's card and CCTV and see that despite being drinking all night, there's been no alcohol purchased on his card, and they also see that every drink he's had has been given to him by the lady, and her drinks package was alternating G&Ts and R&Cs.

She spends a huge amount of time crying and wailing that she's being attacked and hard done by. She's turning to me and other "witnesses" to agree that they're being mean to her. None of us agree. She wanders off with Security to go to guest services (where her package was cancelled). Lothario immediately turns to me and asks if I'll buy him a drink!!!

(I didn't - even if I'd have had a package I wouldn't, as they say in the vernacular, have given him the steam off my...).

Summary:

They can, and will, take the package away from you.

No-one was physically restrained/harmed/drowned/evicted.

Hi,

just one question. We already bought the ultimate package for my wife and myself. As far as I know it's only allowed to order one drink per time. Will it be possible to get a drink for myself and another one for my wife (maybe be showing both sea pass cards)? Or will it be necessary that we always show up together at a bar in order to get 2 drinks?

BR

Mike

Hi,

just one question. We already bought the ultimate package for my wife and myself. As far as I know it's only allowed to order one drink per time. Will it be possible to get a drink for myself and another one for my wife (maybe be showing both sea pass cards)? Or will it be necessary that we always show up together at a bar in order to get 2 drinks?

BR

Mike

People have reported being able to get two drinks when one person shows two SeaPass cards.

Hi,

BR

Mike

Always buy 2 packages (or get them comped in the deal) and mainly been on X, don't need both of you at bar or with waiter but you do need both cards

Quite often I would pop up to the bar for a G&T or Beer for myself and glass of Fizz for the missus to take back to cabin whilst she was beautifying herself for dinner.

Never had a barman insist on both of being present .... Just our cards

Hi,

BR

Mike

If you're talking about putting one on your seapass, while having one applied to the package, that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Sorry, missed that you were talking about both having the package. In that case, you'd probably need to have both cards, at least at first. If you have a usual bar/bartender, then they'll know eventually).

Edited by Paul65

Hi,

BR

Mike

Never had a problem with that in fact my record was 10 cards for 10 drnks

If you're talking about putting one on your seapass, while having one applied to the package, that shouldn't be a problem.

No t wouldn't but I took them to be asking if they have two packages can just one person go to the bar and get them both a drink as long as they take both cards.

I think that those of us that see it as wrong, also see it as an ethics issues. As in, either you have them or you don't. And, for anyone who says, it's just soda, or one drink, or it's figured into the cost, etc. that's just justifying the behavior. Doesn't make it okay.

Absolutely correct. It is most certainly a question of ethics. Either you have them or you don't.

Edited by 1SGCruiser

No t wouldn't but I took them to be asking if they have two packages can just one person go to the bar and get them both a drink as long as they take both cards.

As I just said .... Yes if you have 2 x packages and want to order 2 x drinks it's not a problem as long as you have both sea passes

Been on Celebrity (same parent) many times and I generally go to bar, order drinks from waiter or bring back to cabin for both of us without my better half and never had a problem

This is not abusing the system as both cards have the drinks package on ..... Always upgrade to premium/ultimate as well so I don't need to worry about brands of drinks or if I'm within package etc

I witnessed what happens when you share, and are caught. Lady at my dining table a few years ago was chatting up the resident Lothario, and had been buying him drinks on her package for a few days. One night after dinner, we were all in a particular bar, and she was doing this while practically standing at the bar. Let's say she was drinking G&Ts and Lothario was drinking rum and coke (for simplicity). When she next went to order a R&C, barman refused to serve her, and pointed out that he knew she was giving it to Lothario (who was 5cm away).

She kicked up a fuss, ends up with security being called. They run Lothario's card and CCTV and see that despite being drinking all night, there's been no alcohol purchased on his card, and they also see that every drink he's had has been given to him by the lady, and her drinks package was alternating G&Ts and R&Cs.

She spends a huge amount of time crying and wailing that she's being attacked and hard done by. She's turning to me and other "witnesses" to agree that they're being mean to her. None of us agree. She wanders off with Security to go to guest services (where her package was cancelled). Lothario immediately turns to me and asks if I'll buy him a drink!!!

(I didn't - even if I'd have had a package I wouldn't, as they say in the vernacular, have given him the steam off my...).

Summary:

They can, and will, take the package away from you.

No-one was physically restrained/harmed/drowned/evicted.

I can well believe the story about the woman and Lothario ......there are jigalos and their are boozalos......and if someone can get away with something like he did, he will keep looking for his next 'mark'. The sad part is HE doesn't get punished, only she did by losing her package privileges for the rest of the cruise.

As I just said .... Yes if you have 2 x packages and want to order 2 x drinks it's not a problem as long as you have both sea passes

Been on Celebrity (same parent) many times and I generally go to bar, order drinks from waiter or bring back to cabin for both of us without my better half and never had a problem

This is not abusing the system as both cards have the drinks package on ..... Always upgrade to premium/ultimate as well so I don't need to worry about brands of drinks or if I'm within package etc

And as I said my record was 10.

Waiters were flat out we were sitting as a group, I went to the bar with everyone's card and got the drinks, not a problem at all.

And as I said my record was 10.

Waiters were flat out we were sitting as a group, I went to the bar with everyone's card and got the drinks, not a problem at all.

Sorry mate .... I'd missed your previous post and thought you hadn't understand it .... 10 for 10 is as you say the same as 2 for 2 or 4 for 4 ..... As long as you have the right number of sea passes for drinks it's good !

Only time we didn't have a package recently was on a 4 night short cruise on Ventura with friends ...... 6 of us run up a £1000 bar bill for 4 nights ☺️ .... Who said drinks packages aren't worth it ! 😉

I don't drink anymore [medications]. But always get a soda package and always come out in front. Hate to think the damage I'd have done to an alcohol package in the day.

Last cruise I just about broke even on my soda pack if they were charging about 10 cents a can.:D:D

Sorry mate .... I'd missed your previous post and thought you hadn't understand it .... 10 for 10 is as you say the same as 2 for 2 or 4 for 4 ..... As long as you have the right number of sea passes for drinks it's good !

Only time we didn't have a package recently was on a 4 night short cruise on Ventura with friends ...... 6 of us run up a £1000 bar bill for 4 nights ☺️ .... Who said drinks packages aren't worth it ! 😉

BTW that's approx $1600 U.S.

When it's just the 2 of us with freshly squeezed OJ at breakfast, a nice latte mid morning, couple of beers over lunch and a glass of wine or two, a cocktail or three in the afternoon, a pre dinner martini and a couple of glasses of good wine with dinner ..... and finally a drink or two in theatre or in bar after dinner plus several bottles of water in between ...... Add that up and even at full price the drinks package works for us ...... and if it's just a $15 pp per night upgrade to premium from a free (built in) select package it's a no brainer !!

Didn't read all of the posts but can report this....a coworker just returned from Freedom. Her husband had the drink package and she didn't. He ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and didn't like how it was made...handed it off to her. Shortly thereafter, bartender asked her if she had the package. When she said no and explained she was only drinking the drink her husband didn't like, they were not sympathetic. They took the drink from her, poured it out and shut her husband off for the rest of the night.