What happens if you share a drink package? Is there a drink limit?

Some of us still have to get to Diamond before we can get the Diamond drinks. :)

Only six more 7 night cruises to go for me :rolleyes::o And as Paul said, right before I turn Diamond, they will eliminate the free drinks with my luck :cool:

Only six more 7 night cruises to go for me :rolleyes::o And as Paul said, right before I turn Diamond, they will eliminate the free drinks with my luck :cool:

But only two more if solo in a JS. ;)

Best case scenario would be you both get a drink thus defrauding RCCL and all other honest paying guests making cruising that bit more expensive for us all by your theft. Worst case scenario, your husbands drinks package gets revoked without any reimbursement. Personally, I hope the latter is what happens. So many people here complain about the cruise industry nickel and diming their customers; is it any wonder when there's the kind of dishonesty you're advocating ...

Yeah cause they don't make a huge profit on any of their beverages.

For the OP- my husband and I sailed RCI Independence of the Seas a few weeks ago. Each day they would usually have half off "drink of the day"-type specials at certain bars and times, usually one from 3:30-4:30 and one in the evening around 10-11 pm. If you aren't too picky about what you drink, this is a nice way to grab an affordable cocktail now and then. Some examples we had throughout the week are margaritas, mojitos, mudslides, rum punch, and long island ice tea. We don't drink enough to justify the package but enjoyed taking advantage of these specials. :)

Thanks so much for the information and for being nice in your response. I'm now kinda afraid to ever post here again. I'll go back to letting others ask the questions and get my information that way. :)

Nope, never have and never will. Also, never stolen anything.

We had a neighbor once who said basically the same thing about cheating on taxes, the rest of the group, about 20 people just stared at him and said, Nope, never have.

People who think like you do are the reason there are rules.

As I said previously, PER PERSON is pretty self-explanatory. Unlimited, PER PERSON who has a package, not unlimited for all. Reading comprehension anyone?

Gosh, I hope you never go over the speed limit either. I bet you also never have an oversized carry-on bag. I am sure in your Utopian world with unicorns every thing is just swell. When did these board fill with holier than thou folks?

As for reading, I am quite capable thanks very much. (Oh, and I bet you read the entire cruise contract every time too). Give me a break....

With the understanding that most of the cruisers on RCI are really decent folks, the numerous "nothing wrong with it" posters on these types of "how can I cheat the cruise company" threads are one of the reasons I prefer premium lines.

Go over to the premium/luxury boards: few (if any) discussions of "rum runners," sneaking food off ships, crashing invited gatherings, stealing drinks, etc.

Sorry - just don't need those types on my vacation.

Well when you can afford the premium lines I suspect overpriced drink packages matter not so naturally, not going to see that discussion there.

To be clear, I am not condoning the act but making a point - for some on here, my wife having a few sips of my drink seemed tantamount to sending us off the ship at the next port of call. For those, I hope you NEVER waste any food in the windjammer or MDR and always hang your towels all week long.... honestly.

And if I do not buy a drink package but buy a drink for myself and share it - what happens to me? :eek:

Nothing, there's no restriction on sharing drinks purchased individually.

Like it or not, that tip charge really does go to the staff directly. So by not paying that charge, all you're doing is hurting the staff. I do understand your feelings about it though.

Read the book "Cruise Confidential" if you want to know how staff are really treated. I preferred the old way of just giving them the tip directly - better odds they would actually get it. Sorry, don't trust the cruise lines to pass this along without something going in their pockets.

Thanks so much for the information and for being nice in your response. I'm now kinda afraid to ever post here again. I'll go back to letting others ask the questions and get my information that way. :)

I'm surprised you came back here since your question was answered long ago. Don't be afraid of posting here again - it's just that you have to be a bit thick skinned if you do. You will get an answer to a cruise question here. But then all threads turn into a soap box free-for-all. All you can do is take the information you ask for and then be amused and amazed by the rest of the spectacle.;) But then again I only watch NASCAR to see the big wrecks.:p:)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Don't be scared away from posting. Just be careful of the hot button topics like alcohol, smoking, dress code, lobsters, kids, and basically anything cruising related.:eek::D:p

I find it odd that SO many people are getting all up in someone's grill about a question about sharing a drink, yet MANY MANY people will tell you how to sneak booze onto a ship using rum runners. Isn't that the same thing? Breaking the rules for your own benefit? :p

Oh well, moving on :D

Don't be scared away from posting. Just be careful of the hot button topics like alcohol, smoking, dress code, lobsters, kids, and basically anything cruising related.:eek::D:p

And whatever you do, do NOT do a cannonball in the Solarium Pool :D Oh, wait, that's what we do :) HA HA HA

Oh for heaven's sake. The OP asked a question. She didn't kill the Pope.

The Pope is dead??? :eek::eek::eek:

Gosh, I hope you never go over the speed limit either.

Wow! This site is really slacking. It took over 130 comments before the speeding analogy was invoked.

I find it odd that SO many people are getting all up in someone's grill about a question about sharing a drink, yet MANY MANY people will tell you how to sneak booze onto a ship using rum runners. Isn't that the same thing? Breaking the rules for your own benefit? [emoji14]

Are you suggesting that you don't have people "all up in someone's grill" when the topic of rumrunners comes up?

Edited by Paul65

We just got off the Oasis on Saturday. I had the UBP while my husband had the RRP. He doesn't drink enough alcoholic beverages to have made it worth buying the UBP for him so we figured we would just pay for his as we went but every time we ordered two alcoholic drinks and handed the bartender both cards they never charged us for my husbands drink. I guess they just put them both on my card. Also, whenever I ordered a beer at the pool from my favorite server he always brought me two at a time in a bucket of ice. I don't think they are really that strict with the packages on board as long as you have one.

Posting is not for the faint of heart. ;)

I follow stated policy. ALL OF THEM dress code, I limit myself to the 2 750.ML bottles of wine. I do not try and bring on bottled water or my favoritte cans of soda or bring an iron on board or try and sneak into the Diamond lounge with my Gold Suite SeaPass card since I am only Emerald. I do not sneak friends into the CL if they are not D+ or in a suite.

we also have never cheated on our taxes, have never been more than 5 miles over the stated speed limit( and and when it is 65, he's usually at 62 with the cruise control) have never stolen anything, smoked so much as a cigarette let alone an illegal substance

I feel quite justified in calling people out. the word ethics has been bandied about. I prefer the Term Integrity. you either have it, or you don't. in ALL things

When doing 62 I hope you are not in the passing lane. I hate it when you slowpokes think that 62 is appropriate for the passing lane when you are all alone on the highway with me approaching at 'slightly' faster than 65.;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Americans (USA!) make me laugh!!

Please don't paint all Americans with the same brush.

How's this for murky water.

"I want to buy my wife a drink" and hand the card over. I have had some bartenders run it on the package even when it was declared as not mine. Others charged me as I indicated. Out of my hands

That's what you would do anyway. If they choose to use the package that's on them. If they don't, then everyone's still OK.

I'm sure someone will wonder why the wife doesn't just buy the drink. I personally don't like dealing with bartenders (dated too many of them in my 20s, maybe) so I often let DH buy my drinks. And when I say buy I mean buy; we've only ever had Replenish, so the booze-drinks he buys for me are getting paid OOP anyway.

Why don't you just pay the $6.50 per day for your husband and not have to determine if you are a horrible person or not.

:)

We don't drink soda. We see the cups as being a nice souvenir for water after the cruise. The point of the package is to get our money's worth from the package (or we don't buy it), so if I'm getting the benefit of the package without the soda, then it's a win. And I can ignore that soda comes with it.

If you share a drink package, you will die. :eek:

Eventually. Might take 80 years or so, but eventually, yeah, it'll happen. :p

Hi,

just one question. We already bought the ultimate package for my wife and myself. As far as I know it's only allowed to order one drink per time. Will it be possible to get a drink for myself and another one for my wife (maybe be showing both sea pass cards)? Or will it be necessary that we always show up together at a bar in order to get 2 drinks?

BR

Mike

Haven't yet had an alcohol-containing package, but when DH or I bring up both of our cards to buy lattes, they are happy to make both espresso drinks. Gotta have both cards, though!

I find it odd that SO many people are getting all up in someone's grill about a question about sharing a drink, yet MANY MANY people will tell you how to sneak booze onto a ship using rum runners. Isn't that the same thing? Breaking the rules for your own benefit? :p

Possibly...no, almost certainly...NOT the same people.

I'll go back to letting others ask the questions and get my information that way. :)

Pretty much what I do. Google my search term and "cruisecritic" and see if I can find it that way.

When doing 62 I hope you are not in the passing lane. I hate it when you slowpokes think that 62 is appropriate for the passing lane when you are all alone on the highway with me approaching at 'slightly' faster than 65.;)

They will ticket her for that crap here in Ga :) We have a "slowpoke" law and they DO enforce it!

Edited by ryano

So right is right and wrong is wrong

That said, a friend was told by RCCL representative that sharing happens all the time and a couple of drinks here and there wouldn't hurt. At dinner that can't happen though because your server will definitely know only one of you has a drink package

I'm surprised at the number of people who know things are wrong but do it anyway because they can get away with it. I'm sorry, but I was raised better than that. Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter how you justify it in your mind.