Do they confiscate youre seapass when disembarking Allure - Med?

I read on a recent post they confiscated everyones seapass card when disemarking Allure of the Seas in Europe. This was done because they needed to make sure everybody that was supossed to get of in that port would not return. Can anybody confirm this? How about people how keep the seapass as a momentum, like me?

I'll add to the chorus of people who've never known this to happen. Your Seapass is deactivated as you disembark, so you wouldn't really be able to use it to return to the ship, anyway. Some people keep them as souvenirs; others just toss them, but I can't think of a good reason they'd want to collect them from you, as you leave the ship.

Have NEVER had my sea pass held by the ship. In fact it seems to be the item one needs to get past port security to even approach the ship.

On a recent cruise they did not keep the sea pass but kept our passports. We got them back after a few days, used the for one port and they were collected again and held till later in the cruise. I was glad we had a copy.

We have been on a private tour and the tour guide held the sea pass card to make sure we returned to his vehicle to pay him and then return to the ship.

M

I was on the Allure Med. cruise on May 24th thru May31st from Barcelona. They did not confiscate our seapass cards, as I also collect them. It may be different if you are disembarking in Rome.

Kathy

They took ours last week. We disembarked in Rome. Please don't be confused by the fact that this was a port of call for 4,000 guest and a disembarkation port for 1,400 guests.

EDIT: They took the cards as this was our disembarkation stop. The other 4,000 guests on Allure were continuing to their end port of Barcelona. Also those that embarked in Rome had a red sticker on their cards that separated them from the guests that embarked in Barcelona. That way we weren't bothered during their muster drill and we could walk around the ship, sit by the pool etc.. People who were disembarking got off at the forward elevators and those treating it as a port of call got off at the aft elevators.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I cannot think why they would take them, surely it cannot be for security reasons.

Just off Allure, not true at all. Sea pass cards are yours

I wanted to keep ours, but they took them when disembarked in Rome. We kept almost all of our cards over the years as it is a good way of keeping track of all of your sailings.

We figure they did this to confirm a zero count for those disembarking at the inter-port embarkation location. In theory we could have left the ship, and boarded a few minutes later. It really just confirms that we cannot get back on the ship as we have no sea pass card.

I wanted to keep ours, but they took them when disembarked in Rome. We kept almost all of our cards over the years as it is a good way of keeping track of all of your sailings.

We figure they did this to confirm a zero count for those disembarking at the inter-port embarkation location. In theory we could have left the ship, and boarded a few minutes later. It really just confirms that we cannot get back on the ship as we have no sea pass card.

First time that I've heard of this. I guess their computer system can't determine who should/shouldn't be onboard. I wonder if the same process occurs on the Anthem with the seapass & WOW bands.

First time that I've heard of this. I guess their computer system can't determine who should/shouldn't be onboard. I wonder if the same process occurs on the Anthem with the seapass & WOW bands.

Well I don't think Anthem does any cruises that has passengers embarking in two different ports, so there wouldn't be a need to take your WOWband or SeaPass.

I was also taken by surprise when I was forced to surrender my seapass on one sailing.

I paid for a full Transatlantic on Legend last year. I then requested security clearance to disembark after just 7 nights at Reykjavik, Iceland and was approved.

When disembarking for the final time we were required to have a 'clearance' document from Guest Services issued just prior to leaving the ship to indicate that our accounts were paid in full and there were no pending issues.

When leaving the ship early we were subject to a baggage search by ship security and then just prior to exiting were informed the Seapass 'must' be surrendered. The fact that they had no system in place to just 'inactivate' the SeaPass seamed odd.

I think this all relates to the RCI system of 'zeroing out' their ships. I can only think these surrendered Seapasses are later used by ships staff to finalize the 'zeroing out' at the final port of call.

I have had several minor incidents with RCI on B2B cruises due to their method of 'zeroing out' their ships and this practice is 'unique' to RCI and seems to be related to the computer system they choose to use on their ships.

Ok, so we should be OK since we board in Barcelona. According to what i read over here most people board in Barcelona and only a few board in Civitavechia (Rome). My alternative would have been to claim a new seapass sometime during the voyage and keep the "lost" one :D

Edited by kbisok

Ok, so we should be OK since we board in Barcelona. According to what i read over here most people board in Barcelona and only a few board in Civitavechia (Rome). My alternative would have been to claim a new seapass sometime during the voyage and keep the "lost" one :D

Exactly. They only need to keep the 'active' Seapass card.

That is why it is good to know about this policy in advance.

Great idea, wish I thought of it.

What's the difference between going back on the ship and not leaving?

Norbert

There is no difference in your statement, however we are not talking about the same thing.

We had to leave the ship as Rone was day 7 of our 7 day cruise. For those that embarked in Barcelona it was only day 4 of their 7 day cruise. There are basically 2 groups on the ship. The 4,000 guests that got on in Barcelona and four days later there are 1,400 that got on in Rome. All guests have to get off at the end of their 7 days, unless they are on a multiple cruise sailing.

I think this all relates to the RCI system of 'zeroing out' their ships. I can only think these surrendered Seapasses are later used by ships staff to finalize the 'zeroing out' at the final port of call.

I have had several minor incidents with RCI on B2B cruises due to their method of 'zeroing out' their ships and this practice is 'unique' to RCI and seems to be related to the computer system they choose to use on their ships.

We had to surrender our Seapass cards on a B2B cruise on Serenade out of Puerto Rico. They took our first week cards and gave us our new ones for week 2. The international ambassador said that they would return them to our stateroom...but they never did.

I still cannot understand why they need the card, if it is deactivated when leaving the ship, you cannot re board so where is the security issue.:confused:

It obviously isn't deactivated (that said, they use a different exit on Civi. For debarks and visitors, but they obviously do the deactivation on a seperate system, they probably deactivate all cards at Barcelona

We had to surrender our Seapass cards on a B2B cruise on Serenade out of Puerto Rico. They took our first week cards and gave us our new ones for week 2. The international ambassador said that they would return them to our stateroom...but they never did.

Same exact thing happened to us on a Sovereign B2B once. Those are the only SeaPass cards we are missing.