What's your oldest Next Cruise Certificate

I'm holding one of the 'good' ones from before they changed the rules (bought it Dec 2012). It's hard to combine them with any of the sales so I'm probably just going to hold out for a long cruise to get more OBC out of it.

I used my last two from 2010 just this last month. Used them both at the same time for a B2B Alaska cruise I needed to book as soon as they released cruise dates. I had quite the stash of them for a while.

I will miss those, since I could grab a new sail date, or a price drop right away and get the on board credit along with it. Now to be able to get any decent OBC requires booking on the ship, since the new open booking certificates are pretty much worthless for OBC. :(

Edited by island lady

December 2007, purchased on the Explorer! That last one left.

That's a "golden" NC certificate.:) You can combine shareholder benefit, C&A discount, C&A balcony discount, NC OBC!

clarea, yes they are. However, since Royal has so many new cruise consultants, I always have to elevate to the resolutions department to receive all the benefits. In the past my TA has tried to explain the benefits, but it falls in deaf ears. The TA has tried to book cruise under the reservation number given when purchased, but that even causes more problems. This was suggested by Resolutions Department. The problems have been always resolved by a three way call involving resolutions, TA and myself. It does get annoying after doing this for 6 of these certificates.

Once, to resolve a stock owner benefit problem, I had to write to Adam Goldstein's office. After, the letter was received and the phone call to was made to me it was resolved in less than 30 seconds.

This last one will only be used on 12 night or longer cruise.

clarea, yes they are. However, since Royal has so many new cruise consultants, I always have to elevate to the resolutions department to receive all the benefits. In the past my TA has tried to explain the benefits, but it falls in deaf ears. The TA has tried to book cruise under the reservation number given when purchased, but that even causes more problems. This was suggested by Resolutions Department. The problems have been always resolved by a three way call involving resolutions, TA and myself. It does get annoying after doing this for 6 of these certificates.

Once, to resolve a stock owner benefit problem, I had to write to Adam Goldstein's office. After, the letter was received and the phone call to was made to me it was resolved in less than 30 seconds.

Sounds like quite an ordeal to be able to get the most from the certificate.

I forget to mention above that another benefit you should get is price drops up to 72 hours before the cruise.

Bob (clarea), I can say I never experienced a price drop in the 72 hour time. We books suites, and they are usually all booked up. The only cruise that I see that may have that option is on the Adventure Of The Seas out of San Juan on 23 March 2017. I can only see that 2 Grand Suites have been booked and all Owners Suite and Royal Suite are available. The cost for those suites all unbelievable! This cruise was released for booking in early March 2015.

Bob (clarea), I can say I never experienced a price drop in the 72 hour time. We books suites, and they are usually all booked up. The only cruise that I see that may have that option is on the Adventure Of The Seas out of San Juan on 23 March 2017. I can only see that 2 Grand Suites have been booked and all Owners Suite and Royal Suite are available. The cost for those suites all unbelievable! This cruise was released for booking in early March 2015.

Maybe I didn't state the price drop policy clearly, but with your NC, you can get price drops that occur from final payment date until 3 days before the cruise. That can be 72 days on longer cruises, so there's a good chance to get a price drop. However, I understand that if you have suites booked, the chances for drops seem to be much less these days.

I had also read that here on the boards. The person I am thinking about ended up NOT getting all the benefits that they should have since there was no one that they could talk to that remembered the "old ones"

I had also read that here on the boards. The person I am thinking about ended up NOT getting all the benefits that they should have since there was no one that they could talk to that remembered the "old ones"

I just used my last NC this past week. While I was on the phone with C&A, the rep said they had a flowchart they used that started out the the purchase date of the NC and showed the OBC values, etc.

Even with that, they could not add the balcony discount and get the taxes right. They needed to contact other departments to get the tax corrected (a few days) and the balcony discount added (a month or two). The cruise is almost two years away, so we have the time. I just found it odd that they could not fix these things. They have really tied the hands of the reps.