MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Nassau was already on the itinerary anyway, another MSC whitewash.
So does this mean 2 days in Nassau?

"MSC Seaside and MSC Divina calls to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve – formerly scheduled between December 2017 and the new date of its grand opening to guests - will be substituted by calls to Nassau. Further details on these and other related itineraries will be communicated separately and in due course."

I still love watching the photos of the construction so please keep them coming.

ps - In unrelated news I also had my scheduled Celebrity Equinox cruise canceled due to it becoming a charter. My luck hasn't been too good this week.

Edited by CTBob

I was disappointed to hear about the loss of the private island stop but am hopeful that a suitable substitution can be found with over one year's time till launch!

And now for something completely different .... am I reading the plans incorrectly or will you only be able to access the Lounge by taking the stairs down from the restaurant?

Big disappointment!!! I'm booked for May, 2018 and figured that was enough time for delays. I won't spend 2 days in Nassau or another day at sea. If something decent isn't added to the cruise, I will simply cancel. I'm booked in the YC, and can't afford a comparable suite anywhere else, but there are a lot of new ships, including some with their islands.

We have a B2B booked and Ocean Cay was a big reason why we booked. I'm going to wait and see if we can sail at a later date, but the bigger question is what happens to our $400.00 obc each week if we choose to re-book for a later date. There is a lot to consider unfortunately,,,,:(

Aft cabins loaded.

It's starting to look like the model. I know I'm always going to go up looking for breakfast and wondering where the Lido went. Thanks.

OK I'm over loosing Ocean Cay, this cruise is all about the ship anyway.

Bob

Edited by CTBob

I just got off the phone with MSC. They got the e-mail today about the delay, but there is no information as yet if they will be substituting another port or giving any sort of compensation.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the information being discussed was from an article from Italy, not an official MSC press release (and certainly not MSC USA). Some of the people in my group are thinking the article may have defaulted to Nassau as a substitute, not thinking or realizing some cruises already call on Nassau. Replacing Ocean Cay would be much easier with a port currently used by MSC which could include St. Marteen, Dominican Republic, Tucks & Caicos ... or perhaps Haiti or Cuba. Any thoughts?

Hi SD ... The original article has been changed and the bit about a further port has been added, maybe due to complaints or cancellations.

Seatrade news has the same article that was released yesterday.

Link.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/10-month-delay-for-opening-of-msc-cruises-ocean-cay-marine-reserve.html

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the information being discussed was from an article from Italy, not an official MSC press release (and certainly not MSC USA). Some of the people in my group are thinking the article may have defaulted to Nassau as a substitute, not thinking or realizing some cruises already call on Nassau. Replacing Ocean Cay would be much easier with a port currently used by MSC which could include St. Marteen, Dominican Republic, Tucks & Caicos ... or perhaps Haiti or Cuba. Any thoughts?

I agree Cuba would be a great place as a substitute.

First, continued thanks to those who keep updating. It is appreciated. Nice to see some of those aft cabins below the one I'll be in are now in place. Now get mine up there!

Second, slightly bummed about the private island cancellation, we're back to back so we would have gone there twice, but now it makes the Cozumel excursion a little easier to decide, as we'll just book one of the private beaches there as a substitute.

Now, fingers crossed that MSC pull a rabbit out of the hat and add 1 new stop to each leg of the trip to replace the island and I'll be stoked. We've never done the Caribbean except for George Town on the way through the Canal, so anything in addition to Charlotte Amalie on the East side, and something on the West side, -- Cuba would be really interesting,-- and we'll be happier than a pig in slop.

I can't imagine multiple stops in Nassau, never been there but it just doesn't seem like it would sell. I guess we could end up there twice, and then somewhere else once.

16 Months left to wonder about it...