New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

On an iPhone or iPad just press the top right (on/off) button at the same time as pressing the round button at the middle bottom.

I have a Samsung Tablet, laptop and reg computer...and a fairly old not so smart phone,,,..there must be a way. If I ever go over to Apple I guess I can do it....

Time for a vacation for me...hopefully one away from the internet!

I went to check the current price on our 2017 Equinox cruise..and our date did not come up at all in the Big Better Best .listings for Equinox Jan 2017....ones before and after our date did come up...

I called X......rep said there is no issue and it is open to book on his end...and he had pricing for the Big, Better Best ( they are clearly pushing Best in a nice way)

Oddly, if I google the cruise date...it links to Celeb but without the big,better best.,.wonder if they just did not load it properly?

Just wondering if anyone else has not been able to find their cruise listed,

Just thinking that Celebrity (and maybe all cruise lines) must hate CC.

They come up with this catchy new marketing scheme and ,horror of horrors, we've figured out the cost/benefit ratio is upside down. :p ;)

To add insult to injury we figured it out for free in a matter of 24 hrs. They actually have been paying a salary and benefits to some top executive for the last 6 months to crunch the numbers and paint a pretty picture.

To add insult to injury we figured it out for free in a matter of 24 hrs. They actually have been paying a salary and benefits to some top executive for the last 6 months to crunch the numbers and paint a pretty picture.

I guess I'm just a cynic. I think they did a good job of meeting their goal of increasing the Average Per Diem and eventually probably make the process easier. The big mistake was in how it was presented. They obviously underestimated their customers. :D

I guess I'm just a cynic. I think they did a good job of meeting their goal of increasing the Average Per Diem and eventually probably make the process easier. The big mistake was in how it was presented. They obviously underestimated their customers. :D

I agree.....and all the hype prior to the roll out.

I wonder how many other people got suckered in this past weekend with the last of the 123 offer and the $25.00 deposits. :o :o :o

between Veranda and Concierge for our upcoming March 4th 10 day Caribbean. The Veranda to Concierge difference is now $1800. Then there is only a $250 difference from Concierge to Aqua. Am I missing something? Has anyone else noticed this on other dates? Has anyone seen this before, maybe if Concierge category is booking up?

Edited by roysue

between Veranda and Concierge for our upcoming March 4th 10 day Caribbean. The Veranda to Concierge difference is now $1800. Then there is only a $250 difference from Concierge to Aqua. Am I missing something? Has anyone else noticed this on other dates? Has anyone seen this before, maybe if Concierge category is booking up?

That sounds like supply and demand.

I still fail to see much difference in concierge and veranda. My TA said the biggest difference is the footstools. For the price difference, no thanks.

I can't help but wonder what the internet experience will be like if many folks pick that inclusion. It's already painfully slow. Is X going to upgrade the service? Or, will folks be paying for even sloooower internet connections?

I can't help but wonder what the internet experience will be like if many folks pick that inclusion. It's already painfully slow. Is X going to upgrade the service? Or, will folks be paying for even sloooower internet connections?

I suspect the internet service will be like peeing in the ocean to make the tide come up. ;) :p One more reason why internet is not important to us. I've only used it on Azamara since we each had 90 free minutes.

I certainly do not have the experience in cruising that you do, however, I believe that my opinion is as valuable as yours. I am very happy with the price that I have paid for both X cruises in the future, I was just trying to compare old pricing against the new program...I think that is a fair thing to do since it is my hard earned cash I am looking out for. For this reason I say that I may not be booking future cruises with X. Again my opinion, my choice. It may turn out that X provides me with the best bang for my buck...so be it.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion; who said that you weren't? I was confused because it sounded like you were upset that the price went up. Were you trying to get the new perks at the old price? Now you have explained that you are upset with potentially higher FUTURE prices, if indeed, all prices in the future are higher. That remains to be seen. If that turns out to be the case, you absolutely should vote with your wallet, as should everyone else if they're not happy. If future prices are more than I am comfortable paying, I'll be voting with mine.

I guess I'm just a cynic. I think they did a good job of meeting their goal of increasing the Average Per Diem and

Agree with this

eventually probably make the process easier. The big mistake was in how it was presented. They obviously underestimated their customers. :D

Easy process? Judging by the questions asked it seems experienced cruisers are more confused then ever and an accountant would be more useful than a travel agent.

Edited by Iamcruzin

You cannot possibly come out ahead by picking free gratuities (big to better) regardless of the length of the cruise. Gratuities are $12.95 or 13.45/day and the upgrade costs $15-/day. The longer the cruise, the more you lose. Who is Celebrity trying to kid?

You actually can, when you're in a suite, as suite gratuities are more.

Again, it's a case of Celebrity taking a midpoint. Some are slightly ahead, and some are slightly behind.

oh....don't count on that....some folks either won't think about it...or will just book because it's "easy". This is especially true of new cruisers who don't have the experience to know how to even do the math.

Spot on.

Look at how many people buy drinks packages, yet are getting less dollar value than they pay. Or in many other areas, one person buys something at a higher price than another. It's just how they see personal value.

Spot on.

Look at how many people buy drinks packages, yet are getting less dollar value than they pay. Or in many other areas, one person buys something at a higher price than another. It's just how they see personal value.

What personal value is there in spending $180 to get $150 in OBC? I get the drink package, it's convenient and freeing. But I don't get paying $180 for $150 OBC or $155 in tips.

We are booked on the 4/4/2016 11 day Caribbean cruise concierge cat. it was $1800 pp including all taxes and received $675 obc drink package and free tips.

Here is where I am confused - I know Senior, military, resident does not work with this, but what if they just plain drop the price? would you be able to get the price break and still keep the Go Big? Does the price drop become the "new standard price"?

There hasn't been any change to the price guarantee arrangements. So as long as not new bookings only, or guarantee rates, prices can still fluctuate and still have the Go!Big offered.

What personal value is there in spending $180 to get $150 in OBC? I get the drink package, it's convenient and freeing. But I don't get paying $180 for $150 OBC or $155 in tips.

The same - convenience of not bothering with the calcs just as with calculating drink costs, freedom to get on with other details of your life.

It does not really matter since UNLIMITED internet for one person means they have 24 hours per day of internet. They can just hand their device to their spouse when not using it. No one is going to use the internet for 24 hours per day:)

If two are sharing one Unlimited package (been there, done that), then one or the other is reading email, reading NYTimes, posting photos on his/her blog, etc while the other is locked out. If both have the package, both can be on for a while at the same time, can then put away the gadgets and enjoy the views, together. It makes a difference.

This question was raised on the recent live chat with CEO L.L.P. She replied that they were looking into upgrade options 'as we speak' and to 'stay tuned'.

Hopefully they realise by offering unlimited internet they are going to get roasted by complaints based on their current limited internet bandwidth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will always go for the drink package as our 1st 'perk' but I can't get beyond the Basic Go! option of picking the classic drink pkg, then upgrading that later for $11 a day, and paying our own gratuities and relying on our TA to give us a little OBC.

There is no value in the 2nd or Top Go! Option aside from convenience of paying (too much) up front [emoji43][emoji33][emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk