New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

That's a special offer on 4 cruises and expires in Sept.

Not correct, it applies to ALL CRUISES (except Transatlantic and Transpacific) The new pricing structure includes the 3 Alcohol Packages and Unlimited Internet for Aqua and above. There is also $150 per person obc (not $300 per cabin) and some other benefits for the under 18/21

Price is going to be everything. I really wish they would have a choice where you don't have to pick any add-ons.

I wish they will have" BASE" price without any perks for every category, not just insides. It will be beneficial for a solo cruiser.

Not correct, it applies to ALL CRUISES (except Transatlantic and Transpacific) The new pricing structure includes the 3 Alcohol Packages and Unlimited Internet for Aqua and above. There is also $150 per person obc (not $300 per cabin) and some other benefits for the under 18/21

But isn't it an "offer" that expires in September, not the new pricing structure of Go, Big........

Edited by Oville

Please forgive me if this was already posted, but the linked article spells out the upgrade costs from one bundle to the next:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12769.html?tmpl=component&page=

Excerpt [with extra spacing for readability added by me]:

...Starting with all cruises from October on, passengers booking an oceanview or better cabin can choose to

Go Big and get one amenity included in the rate, or they can

Go Better and get two amenities included for $15 more per passenger per day, or

Go Best and get four amenities for $45 more per person per day....

Good to have another data point. We still need to see the base pricing for cruises starting from Oct, in order to make an informed decision.

Jane

This is exactly the justification that the cruise lines have long had for charging solo travelers double the fare on a cabin, even though we don't use double the services included (i.e., I don't eat two dinners, take up two seats in the theater for the shows, require double the pool towels, etc.). However, I also don't purchase double the drinks (well, maybe I do, but that's another story!), buy double shore excursions, spend twice as much in the shops, etc. All the extras that they are counting on. But it's many of those extras that are making passengers feel "nickeled and dimed". So this is their solution.

Again, my hope is that as they bundle more in the standard fare, I don't have to pay double all the other stuff I won't use. We'll have to see how the pricing all comes out once this actually launches.

Don't forget that paying double as solo, makes up more for not having second person spending on other "stuff".

Please forgive me if this was already posted, but the linked article spells out the upgrade costs from one bundle to the next:

Good to have another data point. We still need to see the base pricing for cruises starting from Oct, in order to make an informed decision.

Jane

I have a January 10 night with the beverage package from 123GO. Would it be to my advantage to cancel and rebook? Afraid I don't really understand the difference between the bundled pricing and the 123. As my good ol daddy used to say, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

I have a January 10 night with the beverage package from 123GO. Would it be to my advantage to cancel and rebook? Afraid I don't really understand the difference between the bundled pricing and the 123. As my good ol daddy used to say, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

You shouldn't do anything now. Best to wait and see how the rates compare once the new pricing goes live. You have time to see how the new structure is actually implemented before considering any changes.

I'm confident that Celebrity honor the terms of current bookings, so you should end up paying no more for the same amenities as you originally booked.

(Of course Celebrity sometimes does need to be "reminded" of what was promised if your confirmation doesn't show the perk.)

Jane

Will this new package pricing apply to cruises booked after final payment?

Friends are considering booking our sailing in August on the Summit but aren't sure if they should book now...or wait until the 7th :confused:

Will this new package pricing apply to cruises booked after final payment?

Friends are considering booking our sailing in August on the Summit but aren't sure if they should book now...or wait until the 7th :confused:

Sarah, this only pertains to cruises starting in October of this year.

Starting with all cruises from October on, passengers booking an oceanview or better cabin can choose to Go Big and get one amenity included in the rate, or they can Go Better and get two amenities included for $15 more per passenger per day, or Go Best and get four amenities for $45 more per person per day.

Jane

"...Starting with all cruises from October on, passengers booking an oceanview or better cabin can choose to

Go Best and get four amenities for $45 more per person per day...."

I think we'll need a little more information here. I can't really see them adding an additional amenity for $30. Let's say I pick the drink package for perk 1, are you telling me that for $30 my wife & I can get $300 of OBC? Sign me up. Of course it all depends on what the initial cost is, but that list of price per additions would be a no brainer. I'll take the base rate and get 3 more amenities for $90 Alex, or $120, depending on how they do the math.

"...Starting with all cruises from October on, passengers booking an oceanview or better cabin can choose to

I think we'll need a little more information here. I can't really see them adding an additional amenity for $30. Let's say I pick the drink package for perk 1, are you telling me that for $30 my wife & I can get $300 of OBC? Sign me up. Of course it all depends on what the initial cost is, but that list of price per additions would be a no brainer. I'll take the base rate and get 3 more amenities for $90 Alex, or $120, depending on how they do the math.

I think you missed the "per person PER DAY" part.

That's 15 per day per person. So for a ten day cruise it would be an additional $300.00. Looks like you would be ahead on a nine day or less cruise.

Another change is Gratuities are now Mandatory / Pre-paid, no matter what dining preference is chosen.

How obvious is that up front?

(I hate what google have done to the web sites so don't look as much)

This could fall foul of the regulations, compulsory charges must be very explicit, very obvious or included like the taxes.

Hi,

I was reading again the article on the OP and a couple of last posts and I'm not sure I understand clearly. English is my second language so I could have miss something ;-)

The article says :

"Guests can choose among four perquisites: a Classic beverage package, free gratuities, unlimited internet or a $150-per-person spending credit. All oceanview, balcony and suite accommodations will be priced at minimum with the choice of one perquisite built in.

In effect, cruise-only pricing at Celebrity will be eliminated, except for inside cabins.

A Go!Big price includes a choice of one option, while Go!Better includes a choice of two. Go!Best provides all four, and substitutes a Premium beverage package for the Classic package."

What I understand is that for the base price you have the cruise + 1 amenities.

Then for a price you chose to go Big (+1) so you have now 2 amenities, Go Best (+2) so now you 3 amenities or Go Better (you have the 4 amenities).

This is how I understand it.

Hi,

I was reading again the article on the OP and a couple of last posts and I'm not sure I understand clearly. English is my second language so I could have miss something ;-)

The article says :

"Guests can choose among four perquisites: a Classic beverage package, free gratuities, unlimited internet or a $150-per-person spending credit. All oceanview, balcony and suite accommodations will be priced at minimum with the choice of one perquisite built in.

In effect, cruise-only pricing at Celebrity will be eliminated, except for inside cabins.

A Go!Big price includes a choice of one option, while Go!Better includes a choice of two. Go!Best provides all four, and substitutes a Premium beverage package for the Classic package."

What I understand is that for the base price you have the cruise + 1 amenities.

Then for a price you chose to go Big (+1) so you have now 2 amenities, Go Best (+2) so now you 3 amenities or Go Better (you have the 4 amenities).

This is how I understand it.

I understand it as big = 1 amenity, better = 2 amenities and best = all 4 amenities.