New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

On the downside, I'm concerned that pricing is about to go up again. I hope not, but I think it's a logical prediction. Of course, supply and demand will always have the final say, but how is this new structure going to affect those currently booked with promos, and will they all be changed ? I'm guessing current promos will stand, and you might be able to change if the new structure works out better for you.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Exciting Deals. Will these be offered along with the lower price? I would think not.

Also if there is not much demand on a sailing/sailings will they go back to offering other promos?

Celebrity has not gotten themselves in a hole with all these promotions PYP and 123Go and now it seems they are trying to dig themselves out.

As I added to my post above, I think it will be more complicated...math needed to see if added perk level cost is more or less than paying sep...ex. grats

and can their award winning website really handle these booking? It presently takes a long time for perks to be "populated" to one's res..,

This, plus today's Jet Blue announcement of diff booking tiers (for luggage) makes travel planning more annoying. Hope SW Air sticks with bags fly free...easy, breezy booking!

Many people do not want all inclusive vacations. Especially if that means overall prices will be higher. If I don't drink alcohol why should I pay for it in my cruise prices.

And again...the people in steerage (inside staterooms) are left out in the cold.

I think you might be missing the point.

Your second statement validates your first desire.

The price on the lowest category is not inflated and you are not paying for other people's perks since it offers none. Seems like just what you are asking for.

Now what would be nice is for people that want to book OV and up to have the option of cruise only and no extras. I'm sure many people don't want the extras but don't want to stay in an inside room.

I personally think it's great, depending on the pricing.

Edited by ORV

It will be interesting to see what happens with Exciting Deals. Will these be offered along with the lower price? I would think not.

Also if there is not much demand on a sailing/sailings will they go back to offering other promos?

Celebrity has not gotten themselves in a hole with all these promotions PYP and 123Go and now it seems they are trying to dig themselves out.

All good questions CruisingChick ! I'm guessing the Exciting Deals will remain, without the any of the perks. As for whether additional perks will happen if demand is weak ? Anything is possible. They'll have to find a way to fill the cabins. Right now, it's not a huge issue, as demand is strong.

If bookings decline ? Perhaps there will be a Go!Big, Go!Better, Go!Best, Go!MORE promo at some point in the future, but my brain cant get wrapped around that yet. It's just too soon :)

"Guests can choose among four perquisites: a Classic beverage package, free gratuities, unlimited internet or a $150-per-person spending credit. All oceanview, balcony and suite accommodations will be priced at minimum with the choice of one perquisite built in."

trying to follow this....right now we have 3 booked AQ class cruises with triple perks...classic drinks, grats and ship bd credit. Any new booking will only include a choice of classic, grats , unlim internet OR a pp $150 spending credit ( sounds like use it or lose it?)

So we will be paying more presumably but getting less as you may pick one perk. Will Elite Plus internet perk be reduced? What booking incentives will be used to encourage booking?

Guess we'll find the answers in the future....but so far not sure how this is better than getting triple perks? Seems alot of math will be needed when making tier choices. If prices get too high, Azamara may be the better choice....

Also wondering how on line booking will work....esp with current state of X website....!

Actually there will be a tiered structure of 3 different prices offered. You pay the applicable price for the amenities you wish to have. The lowest level "GoBig" offers the choice of one perk. "GoBetter" offers two, and the highest level "GoBest" offers a choice of three. Not a lot of math required. How much higher a price you will have to pay is yet to be seen.

Edited by C-Dragons

Since this will be a new pricing structure as opposed to a limited-time promotion, I wonder if reservations booked/deposited prior to July 6 will be "grandfathered" in with your choice of selecting one perk come July 6?

For example, if I book and deposit a future sailing today (oceanview or above) that does not currently offer the 123GO, once July 6 comes will I then be entitled to select one perk?

Actually there will be a tiered structure of 3 different prices offered. You pay the applicable price for the amenities you wish to have. The lowest level "GoBig" offers the choice of one perk. "GoBetter" offers two, and the highest level "GoBest" offers a choice of three. Not a lot of math required. How much higher a price you will have to pay is yet to be seen.

That is the way I read the article too. I think it will make the total price simpler to understand when you book whatever tier you want.

I was also very interested in the statement that this new pricing gives a better commission to travel agents to book Celebrity for their clients.

Would this be similar to booking a luxury cruise line where everything is all inclusive?

What would an TA throw into the pot to book with them?

All good questions CruisingChick ! I'm guessing the Exciting Deals will remain, without the any of the perks. As for whether additional perks will happen if demand is weak ? Anything is possible. They'll have to find a way to fill the cabins. Right now, it's not a huge issue, as demand is strong.

If bookings decline ? Perhaps there will be a Go!Big, Go!Better, Go!Best, Go!MORE promo at some point in the future, but my brain cant get wrapped around that yet. It's just too soon :)

Andy, you might be onto something! Maybe X could offer you a cruise for cruise for the suggestion... :D

Actually read the article again, Best gives all four with a Premium drink package.

"A Go!Big price includes a choice of one option, while Go!Better includes a choice of two. Go!Best provides all four, and substitutes a Premium beverage package for the Classic package."

Since this will be a new pricing structure as opposed to a limited-time promotion, I wonder if reservations booked/deposited prior to July 6 will be "grandfathered" in with your choice of selecting one perk come July 6?

For example, if I book and deposit a future sailing today (oceanview or above) that does not currently offer the 123GO, once July 6 comes will I then be entitled to select one perk?

I was just scrolling through this thread and thinking the same thing, we just did an on-board booking for the Millennium on Feb 28 while on the Solstice in Alaska, we have the 1-2-3 promotion so are they going to try and raise our price or honor what we've booked at. Or something else?

Ed

that is the way i read the article too. I think it will make the total price simpler to understand when you book whatever tier you want.

I was also very interested in the statement that this new pricing gives a better commission to travel agents to book celebrity for their clients.

Would this be similar to booking a luxury cruise line where everything is all inclusive?

What would an ta throw into the pot to book with them?

More OBC? :D

Edited by C-Dragons

Thanks for posting this. I have been a fan of the 123Go and it definitely influenced my decision to book two future Celebrity Cruises. (Yes, I know I it is not "free" and I am paying for it in my cruise fare.)

Looking forward to seeing how the post-change prices look, especially for Aqua and Suite class, and which suites (maybe just "Michael's Club Suites?) get the whole enchilada... currently, to my knowledge there is no internet nor premium package included for Sky Suites.

I noted that they still won't offer this for insides or for TA or TP cruises.

I have to say the prices we got on the 3 Celebrity cruises we booked were awesome and we got the bev pkg for free. So even with the pkg included, the price was at the same or lower than Royal w/o the pkg. Celebrity has a good thing going here and hopefully they don't take after Royal now and jack the prices to some crazy amount now that these choices are offered

This sounds like a total nightmare on the website - so for a verandah - how many different categories, then add the BIG / BIGGER dimension - seems like there will be a lot of clicking around trying to find out the final price.

Actually read the article again, Best gives all four with a Premium drink package.

"A Go!Big price includes a choice of one option, while Go!Better includes a choice of two. Go!Best provides all four, and substitutes a Premium beverage package for the Classic package."

Yep, my bad, meant to say four for "GoBest". Thanks for catching that. :)

I wouldn't imagine there would be any adverse effects to existing bookings.

Those who chose 1 perk for 123Go will keep that perk.

The question will be:

Do those who booked with no perks get one (unlikely).

Do those who have the all three get all 4 (also unlikely - although I could see them bumping people up to Premium Bev. Pkg.)

I love the concept -- the All-Inclusive 1-2-3 Go! was a deciding factor in my cruise to Panama next March. When I calculated in the value of the beverage package, the included gratuities, and my $725 OBC:eek: ($300 from the 1-2-3, $300 for booking on-board, and $125 as an apology for a problem with our balcony last May), it brings the per-diem price down ridiculously low. We're cruising for a net cost of WELL under $100/person/day in Aqua!:D

I really like the idea and convenience of an all-inclusive product. For my last few cruises I've taken care of most things ahead of time to make the cruises feel all-inclusive, and it's been very enjoyable. I also agree with it being done in such a way that people aren't paying for things they don't want, but having the pricing available for those of us who do.

I will not know if it's a good idea until I see the results after July 6th.

I do suspect that it'll mostly be Celebrity that comes out of this smelling like a rose.

The fact that Celebrity (as well as all the other cruise lines) are having to spend MILLIONS of dollars on marketing, is proof positive that they can NOT fill all of their cabins and ships at the prices they would LIKE to get.

THIS is nothing more than a slightly different attempt, to make consumers THINK they're getting a "good deal" while spending.

Many people do not want all inclusive vacations. Especially if that means overall prices will be higher. If I don't drink alcohol why should I pay for it in my cruise prices.

And again...the people in steerage (inside staterooms) are left out in the cold.

I'm sure it sounds absolutely horrible to some, but I rather ENJOY being "out in the cold." :eek:

Recently did the 14 night Silhouette transatlantic "in steerage" for $49.93pp/day... but also got "free" elite drinks, internet and laundry... AND $450 OBC. That additional $16pp/day paid all the tips AND half the taxes for the cruise. :D

Already booked a 35 night B2B on RCCL next April for less than $50pp/day

Looking at another 14 night Princess to Alaska in Aug/Sept for the same price. (also with $550 OBC)

You can get sucked in by the slick marketing hype, OR you can search for, and find the REAL deals.;)

Edited by teecee60

Hi Everyone,

I've heard rumblings of this for a while, but had no idea if it was going to happen. We now have our answer.

Overall, I'm far more positive than negative on this plan. On the plus side, this should make things a heck of a lot easier to navigate going forward. I dont know about you, but I'm sick of the endless promos and resulting possiblities with each new promo.... and having to check my reservations each time a new promo was lauched. I'd *hope* with this new structure, most if not all of the insanity will thankfully come to an end.

On the downside, I'm concerned that pricing is about to go up again. I hope not, but I think it's a logical prediction. Of course, supply and demand will always have the final say, but how is this new structure going to affect those currently booked with promos, and will they all be changed ? I'm guessing current promos will stand, and you might be able to change if the new structure works out better for you. Interesting questions for sure, and I suspect we'll have our answers next week.

At any rate, I'm very pleased that things are about to get far less complicated, though I hope my wallet isn't about to take another hit :)

Yes, it's a bit interesting on the timing of the live chat on July 6th. And here I thought Ms Lutoff-Perlo was joining us to wish me a Happy Birthday ! Alrighty :) FWIW, I look forward to discussing the new promo, but I also hope we'll visit many other topics as well. I'm confident the live chat will be very enjoyable !

I would hope that those of us with current bookings will not have them altered in any way without our say so. I'd be quite angry if I saw my remaining amount to be paid had been increased!! :eek:

One thing that's unclear: Of the 4 perks, do you only get the option of 1 of them? Or do you get 2 of the 4? 3 of the 4?

This sounds like a total nightmare on the website - so for a verandah - how many different categories, then add the BIG / BIGGER dimension - seems like there will be a lot of clicking around trying to find out the final price.

Exactly what I was thinking!

I feel badly for our TA - she already spends so much time trying to get things straight with Celebrity.

:(

Hi Everyone,

I've heard rumblings of this for a while, but had no idea if it was going to happen. We now have our answer.

Overall, I'm far more positive than negative on this plan. On the plus side, this should make things a heck of a lot easier to navigate going forward. I dont know about you, but I'm sick of the endless promos and resulting possiblities with each new promo.... and having to check my reservations each time a new promo was lauched. I'd *hope* with this new structure, most if not all of the insanity will thankfully come to an end.

On the downside, I'm concerned that pricing is about to go up again. I hope not, but I think it's a logical prediction. Of course, supply and demand will always have the final say, but how is this new structure going to affect those currently booked with promos, and will they all be changed ? I'm guessing current promos will stand, and you might be able to change if the new structure works out better for you. Interesting questions for sure, and I suspect we'll have our answers next week.

At any rate, I'm very pleased that things are about to get far less complicated, though I hope my wallet isn't about to take another hit :)

Yes, it's a bit interesting on the timing of the live chat on July 6th. And here I thought Ms Lutoff-Perlo was joining us to wish me a Happy Birthday ! Alrighty :) FWIW, I look forward to discussing the new promo, but I also hope we'll visit many other topics as well. I'm confident the live chat will be very enjoyable !

I defiantly share your thoughts on this topic. It will be interesting to see how pricing pans out with this. As someone who normally books an ocean view I actually booked a C2 balcony because with all three perks added it made it affordable. It will also be interesting to see if Travel agents will add in a perk such as gratuities if you only pick one of the other choices.

I wonder how this new price structure will work for Solo cruiser like me?

Now I am paying double - minus port charges. I book at least balcony. Will I still pay double and get OBC for one? Can we combine perks with shareholder benefit?

Edited by ISABELLA

.we always cruise in AQ and we would probably take the classic package as the included one perk......it fits dh's alcohol brands, my teas and for now is unlimited as long as what one chooses is on the package ...so that seems to be the best choice.

The math involved would be to calculate the cost of a la carte grats for #of cruise days in AQ, and see if the price for the next level (s) equals that amt or the $300 fixed amt of ship bd credit...

As of today, Celeb has not "officially" added 2 of our 3 "All In perks " to the hard copy of our res for 2 cruises. That used to be done in 7 to 10 days but takes much longer now. ....

They will need a much better website and IT system to sort out everyone's choices.,.

CELEBRITY PHONE REP did say that all previous booking perks will be honored....for whatever it's worth...

Edited by hcat