New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Need to ask again. Regardless of 1 to 4 perks that one chooses, doesn't that comingling negate applying for any stock credit?????

That' a good question. Technically bundling is not a promotional sale. It's a new pricing system.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/15045052_Go_Big_Go_Better_Go_Best/15045052_Go_Big_Go_Better_Go_Best.html has a lot of information that is being provided to TA's about the program. TA's will be pushing it because it moves onboard spending to upfront commissionable fare. Downside for us will be that any trip insurance will now be based on those costs too.

Personally, I think it's a great change all around. I would rather spend a few dollars and not have to worry about any onboard costs. With $45 per night, I buy my premium package, tips, internet, and a couple specialty meals. I don't have to worry about price drops and whether I'm going to get the same perks I had before.

Celebrity.co.uk website, Numerous UK Travel Agent website, at least 2 US websites one in NJ where we normally book

Elaborate please, could you post a link showing that tips are now mandatory on all sailings or are you saying that IT SEEMS that almost every trip you try to book, no matter how long out that Traditional dining is waitlisted and you have to take the Select?

If so that's a completely different situation than what you are saying.

Personally I think it needs to be made mandatory without being able to be adjusted.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/15045052_Go_Big_Go_Better_Go_Best/15045052_Go_Big_Go_Better_Go_Best.html has a lot of information that is being provided to TA's about the program. TA's will be pushing it because it moves onboard spending to upfront commissionable fare. Downside for us will be that any trip insurance will now be based on those costs too.

Personally, I think it's a great change all around. I would rather spend a few dollars and not have to worry about any onboard costs. With $45 per night, I buy my premium package, tips, internet, and a couple specialty meals. I don't have to worry about price drops and whether I'm going to get the same perks I had before.

For those wanting to see pricing this link has some sample pricing. The prices are starting at, so we would assume they are for Oceanview. We'll have to wait and see what the balconies and others shake out being.

On a 7 night cruise it looks like about $315 difference between BIG & BEST, so you add three more perks for $630 a couple. Assuming you get the drink package in the BIG the rest would be valued at; Grats, $182, Internet $210(one person) and OBC $300 for a total of $692 in value. So if you want these things you'd save $62.

Their promo says a saving of $760, for the life of me I don't understand their math. Anyone see where they get that? Perhaps they price it with the Grats in BIG, the least amount, then add the others. By putting the drinks package as an add on then their numbers work.

I guess that's for people that can't figure very well. Like me sometimes.

Edited by ORV

Great information!

Be sure to click on "Offer" and "Overview and Faqs" near the top for more information. Didn't see our Panama Canal April 2017 in their Applicable Sailings list.

Need to ask again. Regardless of 1 to 4 perks that one chooses, doesn't that comingling negate applying for any stock credit?????

This is from the FAQ's on the link that 6502 programmer posted.

Is the offer combinable with the Shareholder or other Offers?

No, it is only combinable with standard pricing, under the correct promo name.

Great, now the inflated drinks packages will become a permanent part of the pricing of cruises.

Perhaps there will be an option of "none of the above" with just the price of a cabin.

We are elite, drink the ship's water, don't buy $5 coffee and our bar bills for a 14 day cruise, including wine usually amount to about $300 for two persons. Therefore, when we had the option on a promo, we take the prepaid grats. Still, cruise prices are increasing significantly, loaded to pay for these promos.

I agree with Charles4515, let's wait and see.

For those wanting to see pricing this link has some sample pricing. The prices are starting at, so we would assume they are for Oceanview. We'll have to wait and see what the balconies and others shake out being.

On a 7 night cruise it looks like about $315 difference between BIG & BEST, so you add three more perks for $630 a couple. Assuming you get the drink package in the BIG the rest would be valued at; Grats, $182, Internet $210(one person) and OBC $300 for a total of $692 in value. So if you want these things you'd save $62.

Their promo says a saving of $760, for the life of me I don't understand their math. Anyone see where they get that? Perhaps they price it with the Grats in BIG, the least amount, then add the others. By putting the drinks package as an add on then their numbers work.

Oops, EDIT, as I said, like me sometimes. I forgot the upgrade to Premium with the BEST which would be another $11.80 per person per day, which on the 7 day cruise comes out to $165.20, which makes the saving $227.20

Great, now the inflated drinks packages will become a permanent part of the pricing of cruises.

Perhaps there will be an option of "none of the above" with just the price of a cabin.

We are elite, drink the ship's water, don't buy $5 coffee and our bar bills for a 14 day cruise, including wine usually amount to about $300 for two persons. Therefore, when we had the option on a promo, we take the prepaid grats. Still, cruise prices are increasing significantly, loaded to pay for these promos.

I agree with Charles4515, let's wait and see.

Yes, Papa, sadly it appears that you and others like you are the group that Celebrity is either forcing to insides or to other cruise lines.

Elaborate please, could you post a link showing that tips are now mandatory on all sailings or are you saying that IT SEEMS that almost every trip you try to book, no matter how long out that Traditional dining is waitlisted and you have to take the Select?

If so that's a completely different situation than what you are saying.

Personally I think it needs to be made mandatory without being able to be adjusted.

OK, take your point, but every cruise without exceptions we have to choose SELECT. If anything should be waitlisted it would be Select as the dining room has been reduced in capacity and it is probably the more popular.

If Celebrity would include gratuities in the price I am sure the continual wait listing of Traditional dining would disappear overnight.

TA's will be pushing it because it moves onboard spending to upfront commissionable fare.

For those who select the "best" price option, I would hope/assume TA's would be able to offer more OBC due to the higher commissionable price point vs. the current price model.

Yes, Papa, sadly it appears that you and others like you are the group that Celebrity is either forcing to insides or to other cruise lines.

Like everyone, we will crunch the numbers to determine which price model is the best way to go. Being Elite Plus, we may pay a little closer attention to resident, Xciting deals and/or senior rates when offered, given the perks that come with our Captains Club status.

Celebrity is our cruise line of choice, but after our Japan cruise in October on Millenium, we have booked two on NCL, because the price considering benefits was more than just a modest amount lower. NCL has adopted the drink packages, but their prices have not risen as much as Celebrity.

We always look at Royal, NCL and HAL, but so far have only done NCL.

Celebrity has about the best variety of itineraries in the World (HAL is good too, but only gives good pricing late and we book early).

We shall see how all this works out.

"If you load up with amenities but the price is high, you’ll get a higher-quality customer who spends more,” he said. ( Qutotation from the Travel Weekly article.)

So this is the official farewell to the budget cruiser - and as I think others have done, we have started to look elsewhere after cruising Celebrity almost exclusively before.

Now we have found excellent service and good itineraries on HAL ships and Azamara, tradition and sometimes really good price deals on Cunard and so it's perhaps one cruise with Celebrity per year after significantly more before.

What I have done today is this: I took 6 cruises we're interested in for 2016 and I noted down the prices for a 2B and a C3 cabin - so it will be easier to compare when the new pricing programme starts. What I already saw is that prices are quite high, but for Concierge and above are still covered by the 123 Go promo.

So let's see what happens next week.

Like everyone, we will crunch the numbers to determine which price model is the best way to go. Being Elite Plus, we may pay a little closer attention to resident, Xciting deals and/or senior rates when offered, given the perks that come with our Captains Club status.

I was wondering this too. I noticed that the $15 per day cost isn't very good for those getting gratuities unless you're in a suite. Otherwise, you pay $15 and the gratuities are less than that $15 you pay. Anybody know if they include the suites, or limit the gratuities. I noticed the butler gratuity wasn't in the fine print.

If you're on a cruise over 10 days, then the OBC gained may be less than the $15 paid per day.

Edited by knittinggirl

We are elite+ and stockholders. We have recently taken 3 Princess cruises and enjoyed them very much. On a 14 day cruise on Celebrity we spend about $300 on wine with dinner. This new ploy by Celebrity will push us more toward Princess. The fact that they have a very reasonable wine package adds to appeal. Also the fact that the military and stockholder credits are always applied helps. We have 3 Celebrity cruises booked and two are not included in the bundling which is good for us-- at least we will receive our stockholders credit.

I guess I should thank Celebrity. We never thought we'd make elite on Princess but it looks like we will.

Cynthia

Remember that cruise lines are great at messing up major repricing and often get a few very wrong on the down side.

THis weekend into next week could be bargain hunting time.

When NCL did their first Choice promo dec 2014 they failed to reprice some trips and were giving them away, 10nights with Drinks and speciality dining every night for $499pp+tx OV.

I was wondering this too. I noticed that the $15 per day cost isn't very good for those getting gratuities unless you're in a suite. Otherwise, you pay $15 and the gratuities are less than that $15 you pay. Anybody know if they include the suites, or limit the gratuities. I noticed the butler gratuity wasn't in the fine print.

If you're on a cruise over 10 days, then the OBC gained may be less than the $15 paid per day.

That's exactly what I noticed when looking at the 12 day Med cruise example included in the travel agent advisory posted by 6502programmer. It would not be worth paying $15/day for Better, if you can only get $12.95/day for gratuities or $150/pp OBC. Doesn't make sense!

If I were to choose Best and pay $540 for the same cruise, I still would not be ahead. I would get the $155.40 for tips, the 150 OBC and the dollar value to upgrade to premium beverage package of $141.60 ($10 times 12 days plus 18% tips). All this comes out to $447. Of course I would have to add the value of the internet package. However, being Elite, there is no real value for me since I have plenty free included minutes.

Unless Celebrity adjusts the OBC for longer cruises, I don't see any added value in this new pricing system for the longer cruises.

I'm coming up with this: (7 day Caribbean):

Go Big = Savings of $455/pp (This would be the price of the Bev.Pkg. w/18%)

Go Best = $760/pp (This would be Gratuities ($105 - based on $15/day), OBC of $150, internet @$50 and the Bev. Pkg. @$455. Your BIG savings would be $82.60 because you would be getting the Premium Bev. Pkg. for the cost of the Classic. Woo Hoo!!!!!!! :rolleyes::eek:

The difference between Big and Best is $305.

I would put a very low value on the unlimited internet. If it gets chosen by a lot of passengers then I would expect its performance to degrade significantly.

It is already not worth much. As elite we get 45 free minutes and it takes about that long to check my email twice during a cruise.

Check out page 2 of this "Overview and FAQs" sheet from flyer linked in a prior post:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/15045079_CEL_Big_Better_Best_FAQ_Overview_Flyer.pdf

How in the world are they ever going to get all those codes & options properly reflected, in addition to the current ones that have often been missing from Confirmations?

Let's hope there has been a LOT of IT testing going on behind the scenes while management was working on launching this.

I strongly suggest that anybody really needing to access the web-site not count on it being up and functioning this weekend -- especially Sunday, since they have to reflect the new pricing structure to go live on Monday.

Jane

I'm late to the discussion here but I figure the prices will be what the prices will be and it's up to us to decide what we want to pay. Here's my question - if lots and lots of people choose the option that includes unlimited wifi, is that going to slow everyone down online? Or, are they planning to upgrade the service? I guess only time will tell.

I'm late to the discussion here but I figure the prices will be what the prices will be and it's up to us to decide what we want to pay. Here's my question - if lots and lots of people choose the option that includes unlimited wifi, is that going to slow everyone down online? Or, are they planning to upgrade the service? I guess only time will tell.

Yes, an interesting question. Did you read the information on the link above? The term "capacity controlled" is used several times and in the fine print it also says availability varies by sailing. Does that mean that if too many guests on a particular sailing choose, for instance, the Wifi option, will they close that option at some point?