New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

The stockholder benefit is probably something Celebrity/RCI (the holding co) may have forgotten to revisit. My guess is that if you buy good, better, best you aren't getting a promotion at all...you are buying packages.....so you may always get the stockholder benefit. From what I've read, these are not promotional packages...they are just fare options. Interesting????

1-2-3 already decreased the elite/elite + benefits. That's a problem for Celebrity because there's no value in a loyalty program that doesn't have enough benefits to matter. I don't even have a guess on this one...it may be something else they didn't focus on. Also interesting????

We'll know more in a few days.....

We already do not attend the Elite/Elite+ lounge for drinks as we do not like the wine/beer/cocktail offerings so we normally book with the 123 then upgrade to premium and use the other bars.

I think it's getting close to time for me to sell my stock. Since I bought it (at $30/share :D) quite a few years ago, I have recovered the cost (and a couple of hundred more) in OBC. The last time I checked, it was going for $78.78

Since we always book at least a balcony and it is no longer going to be possible to get a fare that doesn't include some kind of promotion, we'll never get any more OBC. I don't know how much higher the stock can realistically go. As it is, the stock will now pay for a pretty nice cruise (or possibly 2 if I don't go crazy) and, since the stock has paid for itself, that cruise would be effectively free.

I'm with MizDemeanor - I'd like to see a JustGo! fare with no perks. The shareholder OBC benefit is tied to length of cruise and is $200 for 10-14 nights and $250 for 15+ nights). Elite and Elite Plus benefits for drinks and internet are quite sufficient so many of us would come out ahead with a no-frills fare. But since Celebrity admitted (and this surprised me as most of us understand that but most companies don't say it so clearly) that the goal is to increase the per-diem revenue, I am not going to hold my breath.

This program effectively decreases the value of the loyalty perks as we will often now be paying for something that we used to get for free.

It's Murphy's Law...after many years we are finally Zenith.

You have to tip your hat to management. When they reduced the Diamond perks on RCI there was a real stink (we have never cruised on that line again). So with X they have simply made the perks somewhat worthless without really taking anything away.

Hank

The way things are looking I don't care that I'm only classic and I won't be keeping score or tracking my status to the next level. I am so sick of all of the loyalty programs from supermarkets,airlines,department stores and vacations choices. It's out of hand now. I just look for the best price for goods, service or experience that my money can buy.

Edited by Iamcruzin

The way things are looking I don't care that I'm only classic and I won't be keeping score or tracking my status to the next level. I am so sick of all of the loyalty programs from supermarkets,airlines,department stores and vacations choices. It's out of hand now. I just look for the best price for goods, service or experience that my money can buy.

Totally agree. Forget the "emperor's clothes" fiction that it matters what your status gets called, cuz there is very little of lasting or impactful consequence for any status of any program. Enroll in a program, fine. But don't make important decisions based on it, or to influence your status in it.

- Joel

I'm looking at a cruise for 2016....decided I'd book it tomorrow and go from there. If the price does come down (which I very much doubt) my TA will get me the lower price. No need to cancel and rebook.

Edited by midwestchick

I totally agree with you.

I agree. We vacation for our own pleasure and don't worry about status.

OK to me this "seems" great. Please check my math lol Going from the link from X example posted previously

base OV price 1,649

Value if bought separately (pp)

Unlimited Internet 349 (cost for 10-14 nts as posted by Jane Starr)

Gratuities 156 ($13 nt)

OBC 75

Upgrade to 141.6

Prem Pkg

Total cost if

purchased separate $721.6

Actual increase in fare $2189 - $1649 = $540!! A savings of $181.6 pp

It looks like you are making calculations for this 12 night cruise:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/15045080_CEL_Big_Better_Best_Value_Proposition_Flyer.pdf

(The links previously provided include more than 1 example.)

Off the top of my head, I see one definite incorrect assumption in your calculations: The OBC value is $150 pp rather than $75.

You also need to figure in the value of the basic bev pack, in addition to the upgrade cost.(Classic:$55 + 18% grat =) $64.90/night x 12 nights =$778.80

The example sheet actually calculates out your savings at $1035 pp.

This is based on $1075 "value" of the 4 perks. I was able to recreate their calculations to w/in $1 of that amount.

The "trick" is whether you actually value the various perks at the stated amount (EG is the very slow internet worth anywhere near $349 to you. It's bound to get even slower if a significant # of guests use the unlimited package.)

Even more importantly, we have to wait and see what the Base ("Go Big") prices are relative to old pricing & perks.

Jane

It looks like you are making calculations for this 12 night cruise:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/15045080_CEL_Big_Better_Best_Value_Proposition_Flyer.pdf

(The links previously provided include more than 1 example.)

Off the top of my head, I see one definite incorrect assumption in your calculations: The OBC value is $150 pp rather than $75.

You also need to figure in the value of the basic bev pack, in addition to the upgrade cost.(Classic:$55 + 18% grat =) $64.90/night x 12 nights =$778.80

The example sheet actually calculates out your savings at $1035 pp.

This is based on $1075 "value" of the 4 perks. I was able to recreate their calculations to w/in $1 of that amount.

The "trick" is whether you actually value the various perks at the stated amount (EG is the very slow internet worth anywhere near $349 to you. It's bound to get even slower if a significant # of guests use the unlimited package.)

Even more importantly, we have to wait and see what the Base ("Go Big") prices are relative to old pricing & perks.

Jane

The base price already includes the Classic Package so I though I should just price out the additional benefits.

That would be awesome if the OBC was $150 pp - I thought it would be $150 per cabin. Then that makes the savings even more.

As per the press release, buying the options "bundled" seems to save money rather than buying separately

I think it's getting close to time for me to sell my stock. Since I bought it (at $30/share :D) quite a few years ago, I have recovered the cost (and a couple of hundred more) in OBC. The last time I checked, it was going for $78.78

Since we always book at least a balcony and it is no longer going to be possible to get a fare that doesn't include some kind of promotion, we'll never get any more OBC. I don't know how much higher the stock can realistically go. As it is, the stock will now pay for a pretty nice cruise (or possibly 2 if I don't go crazy) and, since the stock has paid for itself, that cruise would be effectively free.

I'm with MizDemeanor - I'd like to see a JustGo! fare with no perks. The shareholder OBC benefit is tied to length of cruise and is $200 for 10-14 nights and $250 for 15+ nights). Elite and Elite Plus benefits for drinks and internet are quite sufficient so many of us would come out ahead with a no-frills fare. But since Celebrity admitted (and this surprised me as most of us understand that but most companies don't say it so clearly) that the goal is to increase the per-diem revenue, I am not going to hold my breath.

This program effectively decreases the value of the loyalty perks as we will often now be paying for something that we used to get for free.

The company will increase profits therefore it does not seem like a good reason to sell the stock, but perhaps a good reason to buy the stock. Unless of course you think the new approach will result is a significant loss of revenue.

I would bet money that Celebrity already upped their prices on website before the announcement came out. They know people will check out prices before and after July 6. I did :p Not sure if I will like this or not. I think I will feel that I am for sure paying for other people's perks.

Totally agree. Forget the "emperor's clothes" fiction that it matters what your status gets called, cuz there is very little of lasting or impactful consequence for any status of any program. Enroll in a program, fine. But don't make important decisions based on it, or to influence your status in it.

- Joel

I agree, it was never part of the equation for me either. It does seem a bit ridiculous that we will now be required to pay more for extras that we don't want or need because they were supposed to be a reward for our many years and dollars spent with Celebrity.

Sounds like they are copying MSC Cruise line, just different words for the packages.

MSC has 4 levels (Bella, Fantastica, Alura, plus the Yacht Club (MSC Yacht Club).

They're different. MSC's is more confusing, as each level conveys a whole bunch of different, many minor benefits e.g. room service charge or not, room selection and so on.

So in this case it will likely be substantially cheaper than paying separately.

On my cruise a few weeks ago on Summit the price list had $299 printed but that had a strike thru and $199 was inked in. They gave Elite members a 30 per cent discount so I paid $139 for a week unlimited internet.

On my cruise a few weeks ago on Summit the price list had $299 printed but that had a strike thru and $199 was inked in. They gave Elite members a 30 per cent discount so I paid $139 for a week unlimited internet.

Here they're talking about 11 days, and it's not known whether they're elite.

On a comparable basis, at $249 they'd still be ahead, and even at $150, it'd be close enough not to worry about. Especially given the risk that there won't be that discount, if it's something they're after.

I've two cruises booked that I have closely been monitoring the prices on. Alaska '16 and Panama Canal for '17. I've charted the prices for cabins in Concierge, Aqua and Suites - I haven't watched balcony and below. At this date I've not seen any changes on the P.C. cruise and slow up ticking on the price of the earlier Alaska cruise. I will come back after the 6th and report the new pricing for comparison sake.

There are so many individual circumstances that are going to determine who will or will not come out ahead of the new bundling. For me - we will not be Elite till after our Alaska cruise and P.C. is in a Celebrity suite - both booked with 1,2,3 Go and we've long ago upgraded the drinks pkg to premium.

We chose to not use intranet while we cruise - too slow and a hassle - and I love being unplugged from life. No intranet either by pkg or by perk means anything to us so I'm afraid this bundling will be a bust for us.

Glad to see that others beside myself that think the loyalty programs are almost worthless.

We cruised all the lines and are top tier on only one and that is Cunard. We have cruised on them only one time and never will again. This shows what convoluted thinking they do in establishing someones status.

We've got two upcoming cruises booked with the all inclusive deal in a concierge cabin. So as of next week we will be able to get a similar all inclusive deal but pay up to $45 a day extra for it.

But in saying that I can look at it that as we normally upgrade to a premium package, we are effectively paying $45 a day for a premium pkg, as well as OBC and free grats. Unlimited internet is another bonus but not one we care about. But when a premium drink pkg sells for $67 a day on its own I can't help but think we are still getting a great deal!

And then when the kids travel with us they also get a classic non alcohol package each when sharing the same cabin. Ticks a lot of boxes for us.

It will kill is when we do another transpacific though and have to outright pay $$$$ for any perks we want to 'include' in our fare [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do these new prices not include transatlantic and transpacific cruises? Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Transatlantic/Pacific cruises offer some (if not all) of the lowest per diems of any itinerary due to their nature. Because of this, they also attract a high number of past passengers who are already entitled to significant perks based on their status. So the cruise line isn't going to offer things like complimentary drink packages on sailings already bargain-priced. The theory of not discounting a discount or "double dipping" if you will.